Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Website Upgrades in Progress / Ongoing Errors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Website Upgrades in Progress / Ongoing Errors

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2005, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
SQ Website Upgrades in Progress

SQ website is down right now (Sat AM, LA time) while they make upgrades. Reported to be down until Sunday 14 August 2005 - 08.00 AM (Singapore time).

Hoping they get rid of some of the weirdness in an otherwise pretty good web site.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Fingers crossed that they allow upgrades via the website. They have been threatening it for a while, and the discount for booking on-line would be most welcome.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:49 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Fingers crossed that they allow upgrades via the website. They have been threatening it for a while, and the discount for booking on-line would be most welcome.
^ ^ ^ (keeping my fingers crossed as well, though I hope it's not too optimistic to wish for this...)
Old Aug 13, 2005, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1kBill
Hoping they get rid of some of the weirdness in an otherwise pretty good web site.
Hope they get rid of those cookie settings at the outset. Uggh......so annoying to be taken to the same page over and over again when you really have desire to move on.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 6:19 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Just saw the new website. Wonder if the change of logo background color to grey is any hint of a change of livery in the works?
Old Aug 13, 2005, 6:36 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Slow loading.. too plain and too light for color choices...
Old Aug 13, 2005, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
It does not seem to be fully functional yet. Some of the links do not seem to work. And the language settings on the first page have a number of options for languages just listed as ????. Weird that they would let something half baked go live. As for the colors and design, from what I have seen it is graphically fresher and more contemporary. Perhaps a sign of things to come

Last edited by peter11; Nov 18, 2005 at 7:52 pm
Old Aug 13, 2005, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
It now seems to be pretty much functional and is a cleaner, minimalist page. From a marketing perspective, its unlikely that SQ would change is world famous livery for no reason since they benefit from the brand recognition worldwide (along with their Singapore Girl). More likely its to bring the corporate "look" into line with the new PPS/Krisflyer design, a periodic refresh rather than a livery change.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:04 pm
CGK

Just tried the booking engines. It gives the fares for 5 different days of outbound and 5 different days of inbound.

Log on into FF info, now there is no dates mentioned when the membership expired.
And for redeeming miles on line, it looks simpler, but still no upgrades award; just roundtrip travel awards.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:25 pm
BON

Programs: UA 1K
How come I still get the "Website Upgrades in Progress" message? It's 10:25 SG time!
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by BON
How come I still get the "Website Upgrades in Progress" message? It's 10:25 SG time!
I still get the same message when I log in

http://www.singaporeair.com

but I can get to the new English-language page when I go to

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/saa

I think the default singaporeair.com is supposed to direct to the Japanese language site (due to my browser language setting) but it does not seem to be ready.

www.singaporeair.co.jp also directs me to the new page.

Last edited by Chiangi; Aug 13, 2005 at 9:05 pm
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:21 pm
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
Ok I've just had my first little look and I have to say first impressions are not very good. The worst thing I have seen so far is that when making a booking and yu click on the flight details icon it no longer tells you which type of plane the flight is on.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:45 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by BON
This is the link I have:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:50 pm
CGK

Something neat in the fares info. I chose o/w CMB-LAX in F. Then it gave me 5 days options. Pick one day, then, I can see the option for both fares for Raffles and First Class. ^
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Originally Posted by CGK
Something neat in the fares info. I chose o/w CMB-LAX in F. Then it gave me 5 days options. Pick one day, then, I can see the option for both fares for Raffles and First Class. ^

Is that really helpful for YOU CGK. As best I can tell you are always in F

It might help me though. However I am still having functionality issues with the site. Maybe just my computer or something. I have been asking it all day to do things that it simply refuses to do. Dang computers!

Last edited by peter11; Aug 13, 2005 at 10:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.