Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by shuigao
The new travel restrictions are the nail in the coffin for my upcoming Japan sakura trip. Shame, cos I was so looking forward to finally flying SQ's new suites (award)

Have submitted refund via SQ's web form, no idea when they will get around to processing my request (flight is on 26 Mar so there's still time I guess). I hope that they don't automatically charge me the usd75 or whatever miles redeposit fee this way though.

there is no fee for cancellation. Only fees for change or redeposit.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: QFF, UA MP
Have just submitted online form to request cancellation of my PER-SIN-SFO return Y ticket for next month. Fare is non-refundable so I have requested a travel voucher for future use.

Received an auto-reply email within minutes acknowledging my request and promising a reply within 7 Business Days.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by freed0m
there is no fee for cancellation. Only fees for change or redeposit.
Well, cancellation of an award booking automatically also includes miles redeposit, which usually incurs a usd75 fee (saver redemption). For my 2 tickets, both ways, that would be usd300 if SQ didn't automatically waive those fees as part of the covid thing.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:30 pm

Well, cancellation of an award booking automatically also includes miles redeposit, which usually incurs a usd75 fee (saver redemption). For my 2 tickets, both ways, that would be usd300 if SQ didn't automatically waive those fees as part of the covid thing.

this is not true. cancellation of an award booking is cancellation of booking, not necessarily means cancellation of ticket. Ticket can be valid longer than that. After cancellation and within ticket validity, ticket can be changed with a fee or no charge with fee waiver.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: SQ KF Blue, BA EC Blue
I haven’t found a definitive answer to this yet:

I’m in a situation where SQ has cancelled both flights on my itinerary booked directly with them - a cash booking. SQ has since offered me an alternative flight for each sector which I may accept - I have yet to do so.

Am I in a position to request for a cancellation of the entire itinerary and receive a full refund as opposed to receiving travel credit for future travel?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:17 am

I really need help and don't know what else to do. I have a 3 leg award ticket and the last 2 legs have been cancelled. The first leg has not been cancelled and I cannot reach anyone at the US or SIN telephone lines to request the whole ticket be cancelled. I get cut-off after an hour and twenty minutes every time. If I try "Manage My Booking" it tells me to call. I sent the online forms 2 days ago and got the automated response back. The first leg departs IN 2 DAYS!!! What happens if I do not show up for the first leg and cannot get anyone online and they do not get to my online submission on time?? I am starting to really get worried.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Montacute
I really need help and don't know what else to do. I have a 3 leg award ticket and the last 2 legs have been cancelled. The first leg has not been cancelled and I cannot reach anyone at the US or SIN telephone lines to request the whole ticket be cancelled. I get cut-off after an hour and twenty minutes every time. If I try "Manage My Booking" it tells me to call. I sent the online forms 2 days ago and got the automated response back. The first leg departs IN 2 DAYS!!! What happens if I do not show up for the first leg and cannot get anyone online and they do not get to my online submission on time?? I am starting to really get worried.
guess you won’t have to worry since you already receive the automated response and some parts of your journey are already cancelled.

Did SQ rebook you on the two cancelled legs?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by punggolkid
I haven’t found a definitive answer to this yet:

I’m in a situation where SQ has cancelled both flights on my itinerary booked directly with them - a cash booking. SQ has since offered me an alternative flight for each sector which I may accept - I have yet to do so.

Am I in a position to request for a cancellation of the entire itinerary and receive a full refund as opposed to receiving travel credit for future travel?
you should be able to get full refunds.
Just use the online form and tell them the replacement flight are unacceptable n you need to have refunds (not travel credit)
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well, cancellation of an award booking automatically also includes miles redeposit, which usually incurs a usd75 fee (saver redemption).
Actually it doesn't. If a fee is due, SQ will simply hold your miles in limbo until you pay the redeposit fee. This is true in virtually all programs, where cancellation and redeposit are two separate processes.
For my 2 tickets, both ways, that would be usd300 if SQ didn't automatically waive those fees as part of the covid thing
The charge is $75 per ticket. More importantly, as others have noted, there's currently a waiver in place.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:16 am

Flights canceled and now when I try to put in my record locator it says:

We cannot process your request right now. Please try again later, or get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office.

I should still be able to view it, right?

Will SQ put me on a *A carrier for one segment (award ticket), or is that out of the question. Reading upthread it appears they are not accommodating.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat
this is not true. cancellation of an award booking is cancellation of booking, not necessarily means cancellation of ticket. Ticket can be valid longer than that. After cancellation and within ticket validity, ticket can be changed with a fee or no charge with fee waiver.
Can you elaborate this further? If it easier, use mine as an example. I have an award reservation between US and Europe of 3 one-way tickets. Some of the miles used on this reservation have just expired. I know one of the two legs will be canceled from the news today (between Spain and Portugal). My travel is early next week. Should I:

1) Cancel the booking and ask the miles to be re-instated. Do I need to pay the re-deposit fee or it will be waived? This will result a lost of 120k miles
2) Cancel the ticket but keep the booking for future use. Is it possible? How long will the booking last? It was issued in January 2020. What kind of restriction will be there for such a change (e.g., need to be the same route or region)?

Finally, can either of those be achieved via online submission? The flights are about 7 days away, but not 7 business days. Any advice is much appreciated.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by shihyin
Can you elaborate this further? If it easier, use mine as an example. I have an award reservation between US and Europe of 3 one-way tickets. Some of the miles used on this reservation have just expired. I know one of the two legs will be canceled from the news today (between Spain and Portugal). My travel is early next week. Should I:

1) Cancel the booking and ask the miles to be re-instated. Do I need to pay the re-deposit fee or it will be waived? This will result a lost of 120k miles
2) Cancel the ticket but keep the booking for future use. Is it possible? How long will the booking last? It was issued in January 2020. What kind of restriction will be there for such a change (e.g., need to be the same route or region)?

Finally, can either of those be achieved via online submission? The flights are about 7 days away, but not 7 business days. Any advice is much appreciated.
I doubt you can do it online. Probably need find a capable agent to handle it. Just tell the agent, cancel the reservtation, open date the ticket, don't redeposit the miles. Your ticket was booked in Jan, so you have quite a lot of time to decide what to do.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Actually it doesn't. If a fee is due, SQ will simply hold your miles in limbo until you pay the redeposit fee. This is true in virtually all programs, where cancellation and redeposit are two separate processes.
I see, never knew that, previously when I had to cancel awards it was always the KF agent cancelling the ticket, charging my credit card, and arranging for miles redeposit in one call, so I assumed it was just one single step.

Anyway I wonder if SQ will open up award space if we want to reschedule rather than cancel/redeposit. As in, if I want to push my booking to like a date which only has waitlist availability. I know normally they won't, but these are different circumstances.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:36 pm

SQ should just extend the miles validity by one year including those in the accounts.

They have already cancelled the spontaneous escape for this month.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
guess you won’t have to worry since you already receive the automated response and some parts of your journey are already cancelled.

Did SQ rebook you on the two cancelled legs?
I cannot tell if they have rebooked me. No e-mails about re-booking and when I try to click “manage my booking” online I get told I have to call. A catch-22.
I do not want to pay for my miles to be redeposited and I want my fees and $100 stopover fee refunded. 1st leg of my ticket still showing as flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.