Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dici
It is implemented mid of last year, when you attached your phone into account, you will need to setup a six digit pin.

The connection quality of SQ call service center is very bad, I believe just same as their government policy which always go for lowest quote when outsource the product.... But I usually call them at around 8am SGT, especially during saturday, then the call went thru smoothly.
I finally went through. The call was placed to 6789 8188 at 3 AM US Time Sunday morning, or 4 PM SIN time Sunday afternoon.

For a simple job to cancel a redemption ticket. SQ waived the cancellation fee.

Originally Posted by jjjohn
I have rescheduled and suspended some of my tickets with SQ in the past one month.
So far all my requests were handled quickly over the phone.

One more ticket will due to either cancel or reschedule soon.

This CoVOD-19 has messed up all my travel plan.
The hold time for my call to SQ is ONE hour. Listening to music.....

Originally Posted by MisterBill
This website lists some addresses: https://www.elliott.org/company-cont...pore-airlines/

One which responded relatively quickly (although negatively to my request) was [email protected].
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Wow, that does suck. I could never get the US number to work. I was eventually able to reach them via the Singapore number, but it doesn't seem to work with some VOIP providers. Then there is always a lengthy hold, and the agents, while excessively polite basically have no power to do anything. Refunds are handled by a department that you cannot reach directly by phone.

I too don't understand how people put up with it. I'll burn the 110k points I have (or will if they ever refund my last ticket) and be done with KF. You can now book a subset of the KF inventory via AS, which is a real pleasure of a program to deal with - decent IT and helpful agents.
I tried multiple times on multiple days, but never was able to get an agent to answer my call through US number. I gave up on each try after one hour hold.

This is so bad. No people in US could put up with this crap with any US airline.

Why does SQ even bother to publish a US phone number?

AS is so nice to deal with, even when I don't have any status. They always pick up the phone quickly.

UA 1K/GS line is also very nice, but UA treats non-status pax pretty badly.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992
The hold time for my call to SQ is ONE hour. Listening to music.....
Everyone must be getting hammered with calls these days. I tried to call Chase Travel (Expedia) the other day and the recording said there was an hour wait. I used the "call me when it's my turn" feature and they didn't call me for two hours. Sadly I was at an event and could not take the call so I'll have to start over again in the morning.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I must have gotten lucky. Called yesterday 8am PST, got routed directly to the Singapore call center. Was on hold for less than 1 minute. I was able to cancel three award reservations for April. I was told the miles were to be redeposited within 7 working days and that the taxes would be refunded within 4-6 weeks. All in the call with waiting took 9 minutes.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by Wings900-Michael
I must have gotten lucky. Called yesterday 8am PST, got routed directly to the Singapore call center. Was on hold for less than 1 minute. I was able to cancel three award reservations for April. I was told the miles were to be redeposited within 7 working days and that the taxes would be refunded within 4-6 weeks. All in the call with waiting took 9 minutes.
Did you pay the $75 per or did they waive that? I have an award ticket that was on the back-end of a trip through a waiver country, but the actual award wasn't so no offer to waive.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:56 pm

Anybody having any luck getting a trip to Japan changed to a day after Aug 31? Unless Japan gets downgraded to Level 1 my trip is getting cancelled (work restriction that we can't go to a Level 2 country), but having to take my trip by Aug 31 takes me from having a trip to Japan in the nicest time of year to being in the worst time of year.
Meanwhile, Delta, who is just flying me to LA to get on my SQ flight and not on the same ticket or anything, is willing to let me reschedule with no fee any time before the end of the year.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by jmail1
Did you pay the $75 per or did they waive that? I have an award ticket that was on the back-end of a trip through a waiver country, but the actual award wasn't so no offer to waive.
They waived the 75.00 fee as there was a transfer through Japan (LAX-NRT-SIN) (BKK-SIN-NRT) on two of the three bookings so they waived all three fees.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Anybody having any luck getting a trip to Japan changed to a day after Aug 31? Unless Japan gets downgraded to Level 1 my trip is getting cancelled (work restriction that we can't go to a Level 2 country), but having to take my trip by Aug 31 takes me from having a trip to Japan in the nicest time of year to being in the worst time of year.
Meanwhile, Delta, who is just flying me to LA to get on my SQ flight and not on the same ticket or anything, is willing to let me reschedule with no fee any time before the end of the year.
Nope, SQ won't let me go after Aug 31st either. Hottest damn time of the year in the Japan jeez. I'm tempted to rebook to SIN instead of NRT since that's the only other place SQ flies from LAX, but damn it's way more than double what I paid for NRT.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by neoshi
Nope, SQ won't let me go after Aug 31st either. Hottest damn time of the year in the Japan jeez. I'm tempted to rebook to SIN instead of NRT since that's the only other place SQ flies from LAX, but damn it's way more than double what I paid for NRT.
I guess I'll wait for March 20 to see what fresh announcement Abe makes then. Crazy that my several thousands of dollars ticket to Japan gets less accommodation from SQ than my ticket to LA.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Currently holding award tickets between US and Spain. Hoping to get the cancellation fee waived, but about 120K miles have passed 3 year expiration mark. Any DP on having it extended?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by shihyin
Currently holding award tickets between US and Spain. Hoping to get the cancellation fee waived, but about 120K miles have passed 3 year expiration mark. Any DP on having it extended?
Please see the thread about SQ1 and SQ2 cancellations. In one instance, SQ declined to extend the mileage expiration.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:37 am

On hold for 90 mins on the KF line. Finally get through and agent changed my ticket to BKK to a later date without any changed fee.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by shihyin
They told me to pound sand over expired miles on cancelled flights. Let me know if you get a different response. I'm not impressed with their customer service.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:24 pm

Is there a number that is actually working for people that isn't international long distance?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:31 pm

Hmm not sure what happened today since SQ's website doesn't show any updates to the covid policy (there is an update, but removed language on Japan all together), but Chase was able to get me a full refund on my non-refundable LAX-NRT flight. I had an email conversation with Chase for the last three days about rebooking and they told me this morning that SQ was allowing cancellations now.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by neoshi
Hmm not sure what happened today since SQ's website doesn't show any updates to the covid policy (there is an update, but removed language on Japan all together), but Chase was able to get me a full refund on my non-refundable LAX-NRT flight. I had an email conversation with Chase for the last three days about rebooking and they told me this morning that SQ was allowing cancellations now.
They didn't exactly remove the language on Japan, they just moved it to a pdf (the link for Travel Waiver Policy on this page https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=is5rire4)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.