Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:14 am
Original Poster

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

SQ issuing waivers for travel to and from mainland China.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=is5rire4

Additionally, we will waive all cancellation and change fees for customers with tickets issued on or prior to 28 January 2020 for travel to and from Mainland China up to and including 29 February 2020. Customers can contact the Singapore reservations team at +65 6223 8888 before departure to cancel or change their travel plans.
Hoping it includes HKG and farther dates soon.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: ROP Gold
A very generous offer to waive the fees for all flights to and from Mainland China.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:03 pm

Anyone have any idea if SQ2 is included in this?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by MaximusTravelus
Unlikely for now, as the various SG Govt ministries are issuing heightened safety measures only for Mainland China travellers, excl. HK/Macau/Taiwan.

e.g. My son's childcare + my company (and lots of my friends' companies as well) are asking people who've been to Mainland China to stay home for 14 days. But only Mainland China.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by MaximusTravelus
you can call n ask. Most likely they won’t allow you to cancel but might waive off the rebooking charge to change to a later date.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Waivers includes travel to HKG as well. I had a flight from SIN to SFO on Feb 16 with 24 hour layover in HKG and I was able to get full refund issued for my Z class ticket.

Additionally award tickets are fully refundable including the non-refundable spontaneous awards. I have a I class ticket from SFO to HKG next week. I was given option to rebook to another date where an award is available including advantage award without any fee. I do not know the date restrictions. But I only asked for couple of days later. They had advantage award only for next day and were ok to change. Would not budge to couple of days later when revenue Z ticket is available.

Re-routing requires re-pricing but change fee is waived.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:47 pm

Scoot just announced waiver for flight to HK. So guess SQ will do so.

The issue right now seem to be Paxes also want to cancel flight to other places such as BKK/TPE/SIN. So SQ is facing dilemma.

And also Many paxes book through 3rd parties agents but blasted SQ for not helping them to change/amend/refund.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Hi I know someone who is supposed to traveldxb-sin with SQ in about 10 days, now due to the coronavirus outbreak is reluctant to travel to sin.
In such a case would sq also issue a waiver & refund the tkt ?
Thanx
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by diamantaire
Hi I know someone who is supposed to traveldxb-sin with SQ in about 10 days, now due to the coronavirus outbreak is reluctant to travel to sin.
In such a case would sq also issue a waiver & refund the tkt ?
Thanx
no idea. Pls call n ask. Most likely SQ will allow to change date rather than refund
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
no idea. Pls call n ask. Most likely SQ will allow to change date rather than refund

k thanx a lot for ur reply.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I assume a lot of tourist and business travellers are generally more cautious to book travel to all of Asia. Bookings must be down all across the board.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by warakorn
I assume a lot of tourist and business travellers are generally more cautious to book travel to all of Asia. Bookings must be down all across the board.
This has the potential to snowball into an airline profit disaster - oh and many more deaths too.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
However, no waiver if you have a redemption booking, SIA still charging USD75 to redeposit miles back into an account even if flight was booked weeks ago and departure date in in a few weeks. So their so call waiver is directly aimed at negatively impact their frequent flyers!!!!

SIA really trying had with their customer relations it seems.

Also no refund for my china visa that was issued before the recent news (but this is not the fault of SIA)

Mike
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Originally Posted by mike21
However, no waiver if you have a redemption booking, SIA still charging USD75 to redeposit miles back into an account even if flight was booked weeks ago and departure date in in a few weeks. So their so call waiver is directly aimed at negatively impact their frequent flyers!!!!

SIA really trying had with their customer relations it seems.

Also no refund for my china visa that was issued before the recent news (but this is not the fault of SIA)

Mike
When I contacted couple of days ago, they offered full refund even for non-refundable awards without any fee. May be it has changed in last couple of days.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
An email was sent to their krissflyers members contact email address a few days ago asking what the policy is, a few hours ago we got a response saying there would be a 75USD charge to redeposit the miles. Maybe SIA have seen a way to make money out of the whole situation. so changed the policy? Anyway, we are not canceling yet as they may well cancel the flight anyway then we will see what they do and how they manage to make some money out this awful situation. We will look again at the options nearer the flight date in mid February.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.