Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by amartin1979
They told me to pound sand over expired miles on cancelled flights.
Same here
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:52 am

Programs: AA Plat
They told me to pound sand over expired miles on cancelled flights. Let me know if you get a different response. I'm not impressed with their customer service.
Unfortunate to hear. Thinking of making a change, rather than redeposit the miles, may keep them alive for longer but I just don't have any trip in mind, and would rather get the residual miles (another 100K) back for free and think of what to use later. Over the 3 years with the devaluation, it is harder and harder to find good value out of it...
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Same here
They told me to pound sand over expired miles on cancelled flights. Let me know if you get a different response. I'm not impressed with their customer service.
I was told the same thing. How does it work if I move the flight to another one this summer? Could I then move itt again if things are still bad in Asia, or is it a one-time shot? The agent acted like I could move it again, but wasn't 100% sure.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:35 am

Singapore Airline Any idea about corona policy?

Our flights are not until June but the Singapore Air website says there is a change waiver fee only for NEW bookings made by March 30. Seriously? Are they really going to penalise us all in the face of this crisis? I'm not calling yet because so many more people need to get through more urgently than me, but does anyone have experience with changing / cancelling SIA flights? We have one paid and one FF ticket from Australia to Moscow, London back to Oz. TIA
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:03 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
My suggestion would be to wait until 30 before departure because would is shutting down now and when situation clears up nobody knows.
melmike likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:36 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I have a colleague who weeper supposed to fly SQ to the US today. Tickets bought months ago. SQ wouldn’t refund but for a change fee they were able to cancel the reservation and will be able to rebook the reservation on the same ticket for departure up to a year from purchase. SQ’s stance on Thursday was that there was at that time no travel advisory for the US.

Last edited by yosithezet; Mar 14, 2020 at 4:14 am Reason: Removed circular reference.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:39 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is there a number that is actually working for people that isn't international long distance?
Why not use Skype or Google Voice and call their US toll free number?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yosithezet
The US number has never worked for me. From the US, I've always had to call Singapore.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by melmike
Our flights are not until June but the Singapore Air website says there is a change waiver fee only for NEW bookings made by March 30. Seriously? Are they really going to penalise us all in the face of this crisis? I'm not calling yet because so many more people need to get through more urgently than me, but does anyone have experience with changing / cancelling SIA flights? We have one paid and one FF ticket from Australia to Moscow, London back to Oz. TIA
June IS really far away. It may be that the situation in AU/SG/UK has resolved by then. After all, Wuhan cases started exploding around jan 20-21, and yesterday - not even 2 months later - China only had 11 new cases.

In any case wait til April or May, if the we’re still FUBARed then SQ will likely extend the change fee and/or cancellation waiver policies according to the situation.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by shuigao
In any case wait til April or May, if the we’re still FUBARed then SQ will likely extend the change fee and/or cancellation waiver policies according to the situation.
My guess is that they're extending the dates incrementally. I have tickets for Istanbul in early May and their numbers have only just started ticking up
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by yosithezet

I tried this method before on calling other company toll free, doesn't work at all... might need vpn to help this to work
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by dici
I tried this method before on calling other company toll free, doesn't work at all... might need vpn to help this to work
am not asking you to use skype to dial the toll free number. Use it to call SG number, you need to load some credit before calling.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:40 am

With more stay home notices to be issue esp to ASEAN countries paxes, guess SQ can suspend most of its route. Just maintain skeleton frequency. (Maybe 1 flight per day to each destination ).
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
With more stay home notices to be issue esp to ASEAN countries paxes, guess SQ can suspend most of its route. Just maintain skeleton frequency. (Maybe 1 flight per day to each destination ).
very likely, all their main China gateway was maintained at 1 flight per day.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
The new travel restrictions are the nail in the coffin for my upcoming Japan sakura trip. Shame, cos I was so looking forward to finally flying SQ's new suites (award)

Have submitted refund via SQ's web form, no idea when they will get around to processing my request (flight is on 26 Mar so there's still time I guess). I hope that they don't automatically charge me the usd75 or whatever miles redeposit fee this way though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.