Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by jjjohn
I guess the reason to be rebooked before ticket expire purely IT issue. The system only can keep the suspended flights till the validity of the ticket....
I think you are probably right about it being an IT issue - why would they have included system functionality to cater for a situation like this.

But if there is indeed a deadline for firming up the new booking then it should be clearly stated. It’s not unusual for people to plan and book travel or a holiday almost a year ahead, especially to take advantage of sale fares. How many will be reassured by the 31 March 2021 travel deadline, only to find their original tickets have already expired when they are ready to book new dates with the saved value/suspended ticket?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:58 am

It should be travel credit n can be used for any flights.

As per their request form, it mention all itineraries will be cancelled upon requesting the credit.

WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
It should be travel credit n can be used for any flights.

As per their request form, it mention all itineraries will be cancelled upon requesting the credit.

I have a saver business award ticket for May 2020 for JFK to FRA (72k points)
Flight has been cancelled. My points would have EXPIRED August 2019 if I had not ticketed it.
How would I fill this form to have the 72k points deposited in my account to have it used by the deadline of March 31, 2021?
I don't want to fill this wrong as I risk having it cancelled and points not deposited in my account.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Flight has been cancelled. My points would have EXPIRED August 2019 if I had not ticketed it.
How would I fill this form to have the 72k points deposited in my account to have it used by the deadline of March 31, 2021?
I don't want to fill this wrong as I risk having it cancelled and points not deposited in my account.
Fill in the form n ask for extension of miles expiry ? Or change the flight now to a later date ?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:18 pm

do I check of

1. I would like to retain the value of my ticket and extend it for use until 31 March 2021

OR

2. Others and ask for extension of mileage points. What do you think Singapore Airlines will honor as far as new expiration date?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:26 pm

do I check of

1. I would like to retain the value of my ticket and extend it for use until 31 March 2021

OR

2. Others and ask for extension of mileage points. What do you think Singapore Airlines will honor as far as new expiration date?
under others. there will be a box for you to fill in. Just explain your situation.

Not sure about SQ stand. But I guess they will allow open date for award ticket instead of extending the expiry of miles. Unless they allow automatic of extension of miles but their IT suck.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
If SQ cancels our paid (not award) flights would we be eligible for a refund? That doesn't make sense that they will only give you credit for a flight they cancel.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: AA Plat
See my post above few days before. Basically, you can cancel the flight but keep the reservation record to be rebook in the future, without losing the value of 72K point now. I was told the ticket will be valid for one year from your original departure date. So for you, it will last until May 2021 to be rebook and flown. I did call to have an agent do this for me. From all the prior responses from other folks, the miles will not be extended once deposit back to your account.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by shihyin
See my post above few days before. Basically, you can cancel the flight but keep the reservation record to be rebook in the future, without losing the value of 72K point now. I was told the ticket will be valid for one year from your original departure date. So for you, it will last until May 2021 to be rebook and flown. I did call to have an agent do this for me. From all the prior responses from other folks, the miles will not be extended once deposit back to your account.
When I rebook, I would need to call in . Is this correct?
If I do need to call in, I should just wait till May schedule is uploaded than I can call , cancel the flight and rebook on the same phone call. You think that is possible to cancel and rebook on same phone call?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:50 pm

When I rebook, I would need to call in . Is this correct?
If I do need to call in, I should just wait till May schedule is uploaded than I can call , cancel the flight and rebook on the same phone call. You think that is possible to cancel and rebook on same phone call?
You need to cancel the flight before the date of take off. You can then call back any time before the ticket expiration date to book another flight into it. I was told change fee will be charged at the time of re-book. Of course, all of these can be done in one call if you already know the new flight you want to take.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
I’m a bit confused now. I had two one way awards for which I filled in the online form requesting rebooking on certain date(s) otherwise to redeposit miles.

After a few days SQ got back to me by email saying this: “May we let you know, your ticket has been cancelled and kept open for future use.”

and then later on in the email “If you wish to cancel the booking as per the fare conditions, you may log in to ”Manage booking” on our website www.singaporeair.com to initiate refund.“

When I login to my KF account via the app, clicking on manage booking just throws an error message “At least one of the flights on your itinerary has been changed. Our reservations office will be in touch with you soon to make arrangements for your new flights. For urgent assistance, get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office.”

How should I proceed? If I need to call in to try and rebook the tickets to a future date, it defeats the purpose entirely of using the online form in the first place. I’d much rather them just redeposit the miles then I can do my own waitlisting for multiple flights, but I don’t want to incur the usd75 redeposit fee (which I assumed would be waived, but now I’m not so sure according to the language they used in their email).

Last edited by shuigao; Mar 20, 2020 at 2:58 pm
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by shihyin
You need to cancel the flight before the date of take off. You can then call back any time before the ticket expiration date to book another flight into it. I was told change fee will be charged at the time of re-book. Of course, all of these can be done in one call if you already know the new flight you want to take.
Why would I be charged a change fee? I thought it was free to change date. My flight was cancelled by Singapore Airlines
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
I’m a bit confused now. I had two one way awards for which I filled in the online form requesting rebooking on certain date(s) otherwise to redeposit miles.

After a few days SQ got back to me by email saying this: “May we let you know, your ticket has been cancelled and kept open for future use.”

and then later on in the email “If you wish to cancel the booking as per the fare conditions, you may log in to ”Manage booking” on our website www.singaporeair.com to initiate refund.“

When I login to my KF account via the app, clicking on manage booking just throws an error message “At least one of the flights on your itinerary has been changed. Our reservations office will be in touch with you soon to make arrangements for your new flights. For urgent assistance, get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office.”

How should I proceed? If I need to call in to try and rebook the tickets to a future date, it defeats the purpose entirely of using the online form in the first place. I’d much rather them just redeposit the miles then I can do my own waitlisting for multiple flights, but I don’t want to incur the usd75 redeposit fee (which I assumed would be waived, but now I’m not so sure according to the language they used in their email).

not sure when is your new travel date. But guess the person who process your request just keep it as open dated. N did not book the new trip for you.
Maybe he/she is not familiar with booking. (Should be some backend staff pulled over).

If no hurry can just wait a while then call in. Think by April, the no of calls should went down (not much flights will be flying )
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Presumably the form can be used once even though the PNR covers multiple passengers? Or does each passenger have to make an entry. All three were paid by the same credit card
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:04 pm

Why would I be charged a change fee? I thought it was free to change date. My flight was cancelled by Singapore Airlines
It might depend on when you make the change. If you are ready to change to new date now, most likely they will waive the fee. I don't have any plan for the moment, so if i re-book at a later time outside of the waiver window, the fee might not be waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.