Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Montacute
I cannot tell if they have rebooked me. No e-mails about re-booking and when I try to click “manage my booking” online I get told I have to call. A catch-22.
I do not want to pay for my miles to be redeposited and I want my fees and $100 stopover fee refunded. 1st leg of my ticket still showing as flying.
guess your booking will be cancelled since there is no replacement flight. Maybe can send email to [email protected] for them to check n get back.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: Avios, Miles & More
One leg of trip cancelled - refund?

Hi All

I am due to travel to Singapore on the 28th March, LHR -> ZHR -> SIN and then 7 APR SIN-ZHR with a few days planned in Switzerland and then ZHR-LHR 10th ARR.

My Cruise from Singapore was cancelled, then Singapore has mandated a 14 day quarantine for arrivals from the UK, today the FCO in the UK advised against all but essential travel globally (invalidating my travel insurance) and now the first leg of my flight LHR - ZHR has been changed. I can still make the ZHR - SIN connection but I don't want to travel, in fact I probably won't be able to by the time 28 Mar comes.

Can I cancel and get a full cash refund now Swiss have changed 1 leg of my trip? Do I cancel first and then fill in a refund form? It says because my flight is not a point-to-point connection I cannot amend from my account.

Thanks for any advice
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I had a flight from PVG-SIN-LAX starting on April 1. I submitted an online request for a refund in late February and received a miles redeposit a little over 2 weeks later. It happened to come just a day after I followed up with the SQ account on Twitter which just told me to wait, so I don't know if that made a difference. I wasn't charged a fee as far as I can tell, though I also haven't received any refunds for the original fees to use the miles.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Starcloud
Can I cancel and get a full cash refund now Swiss have changed 1 leg of my trip? Do I cancel first and then fill in a refund form? It says because my flight is not a point-to-point connection I cannot amend from my account.
Hi, and welcome to Flyertalk. Does your ticket number (on your confirmation) start with 724 or 618? If it starts with 618, SQ should be able to provide you with a refund or at the very least travel credit. If it starts with 724 you will need to contact Swiss, and look at their policies.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Starcloud
Hi All

I am due to travel to Singapore on the 28th March, LHR -> ZHR -> SIN and then 7 APR SIN-ZHR with a few days planned in Switzerland and then ZHR-LHR 10th ARR.

My Cruise from Singapore was cancelled, then Singapore has mandated a 14 day quarantine for arrivals from the UK, today the FCO in the UK advised against all but essential travel globally (invalidating my travel insurance) and now the first leg of my flight LHR - ZHR has been changed. I can still make the ZHR - SIN connection but I don't want to travel, in fact I probably won't be able to by the time 28 Mar comes.

Thanks for any advice
just fill in the form to request for refunds citing travel restrictions. If u cancel online then u will be charged cancellation fee (it is not programmed to waive off yet).

need them to manually to overwrite the system.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
I am a German citizen and I am booked on SQ468/469 (SIN-CMB-SIN) in the beginning of May. Flights are not cancelled yet and at the moment I am not allowed to enter Sri Lanka but that might change again by then...

Anyways, we have a non-refundable ticket but don't wanna fly anymore. We also don't want a flight voucher from SQ but our money back... How do you guys see this situation?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gioventu
I am a German citizen and I am booked on SQ468/469 (SIN-CMB-SIN) in the beginning of May. Flights are not cancelled yet and at the moment I am not allowed to enter Sri Lanka but that might change again by then...

Anyways, we have a non-refundable ticket but don't wanna fly anymore. We also don't want a flight voucher from SQ but our money back... How do you guys see this situation?
Same scenario with me.
Some agent will ask you to wait around until closer to get a refund since is a non-ref.
Some will overlook and issued an immediate refund. Contact them.
Gioventu likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Contact them.
Yes, but please be considerate of others with more urgent needs. I would wait a few weeks for things to settle, given travel isn't until May.
RTWFF and Gioventu like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
I would wait a few weeks for things to settle, given travel isn't until May.
One of My earliest flight is in 2 days time. So common sense and consideration is in play here. And i did not specify about May travel. Just "general" tips to others.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
One of My earliest flight is in 2 days time. So common sense and consideration is in play here. And i did not specify about May travel. Just "general" tips to others.
Yes of course, but this was part of your reply to OP who said they were travelling in May.

For your own sake, with earliest flight in 2 days, it‘a definitely good advice to suggest those with later travel wait before contacting SQ!
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: Avios, Miles & More
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
just fill in the form to request for refunds citing travel restrictions. If u cancel online then u will be charged cancellation fee (it is not programmed to waive off yet).

need them to manually to overwrite the system.
Thanks for all the replies.

The guidance is to cancel first then fill in the refund/flight change form. I cannot get through to anyone from Swiss no matter what method I use. If I follow these instructions surely I will not lose all the flight fare and just get back tax under the circumstances. It is not very clear.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:12 am
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
Just getting a bit of consensus. This is the actual wording from the email I received informing me of the cancellation of my flight:

"...If your ticket was purchased from singaporeair.com or the Singapore Airlines mobile app, the value of your ticket has been retained. You would be able to rebook your travel at a later date, when you are able to firm up your new travel plans. The new flight itinerary should be completed by 31 March 2021...."

My take on this is that since the cancellation, the entire fare has been credited to my account for future use. What I am unsure about is whether that future use has to be on the same fare class/routing/itinenary, just different dates, or can be used as
payment towards a completely different itinerary in the future. I would rather a refund, but as the fare was nonref, I would be happy with a credit. What I don't want is to have fly the same itinerary which was a multi-city trip for work which will never happen again.

What are other people's take on the wording?
ChrisBub likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by QG
Just getting a bit of consensus. This is the actual wording from the email I received informing me of the cancellation of my flight:

"...If your ticket was purchased from singaporeair.com or the Singapore Airlines mobile app, the value of your ticket has been retained. You would be able to rebook your travel at a later date, when you are able to firm up your new travel plans. The new flight itinerary should be completed by 31 March 2021...."

My take on this is that since the cancellation, the entire fare has been credited to my account for future use. What I am unsure about is whether that future use has to be on the same fare class/routing/itinenary, just different dates, or can be used as
payment towards a completely different itinerary in the future. I would rather a refund, but as the fare was nonref, I would be happy with a credit. What I don't want is to have fly the same itinerary which was a multi-city trip for work which will never happen again.

What are other people's take on the wording?
I am in the same situation. Also, my flight was booked one way REP-SIN for both me and my Dad, and it's unlikely he'll be able to travel. I'd like to know whether
1. I need to book the same route or if I could change it to a return SIN-REP, and
2. Whether I can credit the whole value to my account only (I paid for the tickets on one PNR) or if they will split it into a credit for me and a separate one for my Dad.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
My take on the wording is that it can be a different itinerary to a new destination:
..Please note that a fare difference may apply if there is a change in destination or booking class.
The travel waiver policy published on the website that was last updated on 15th does not mention a change in destination. I would like to know if the new itinerary can have a change in origin too.

In my case my April itinerary starts in Stockholm (which was cheaper than flying from the UK at the time of booking). But I don’t want to have to pay a fare difference to fly from ARN if I find a cheaper SQ fare from say OSL once things settle down and I am ready to firm up my travel plans and dates.

Before the waiver policy was extended to existing bookings all my flights got cancelled, I was already having an email dialogue with customer services about paying a change fee to shift my dates. The call centre agent who rang me on Tuesday said I would have to firm up my dates before the expiry date of my ticket - August - which wasn’t mentioned in the published waiver policy and isn’t mentioned in the email. So that’s an issue that I would like to clarify for a start.

I feel there needs to be some further clarification and perhaps a Q&A list published to answer questions like these - before SQ gets bombarded with online forms from people asking exactly the same thing.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:32 am

Not sure if my understanding correct or not.
Have dealed with SQ direct (always purchase direct even otc is cheaper)n a few tickets.

1. One ticket I rebooked on spot. The date I wanted was not available for my booking class of one leg, they did overwrite to confirm my new date.

2. Requested one ticket to be suspended, could rebook before expiry date of the original ticket on same route and same booking class, if the same booking class has no seat, need to pay the different. Am happy to let this ticket to be suspended, will not have difficulty to rebook (high booking class ticket)

I guess the reason to be rebooked before ticket expire purely IT issue. The system only can keep the suspended flights till the validity of the ticket.

3. A complex ticket, I requested a full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.