Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by SFO777
Looks like the cat's out of bag now. Prepare for a run on First and First Suites award seats...
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...nts-heres-how/
Nothing there IMO that wasn't already know. If it had been had to grab more than 1 Award Saver Suite redemption on the same flight I would of been impressed.

However the Amex 100000 point target promo that got out, now that will take up Suite Award inventory with people cashing out those points into the SQ FF program. IMO.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:04 pm

Well it looks like the sky is falling. You can now choose 2 Suite Saver on the same A380 flight on *some* routes. Thanks to deluxeflyer for the heads up. (Unless its a SQ glitch that currently allows it )
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by spizzy
Well it looks like the sky is falling. You can now choose 2 Suite Saver on the same A380 flight on *some* routes. Thanks to deluxeflyer for the heads up. (Unless its a SQ glitch that currently allows it )
Which routes?! I've been waiting for this....
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I also want to know which "routes". After some searches on SQ's site, there is no way to redeem 2 saver Suites on any given routes in 11 months out yet.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:44 pm

Check departure points from the southern hemisphere to SIN.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You are right. So far only one route can be found and only one direction will work.

Last edited by thebluejean; Jan 16, 2013 at 6:34 pm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
You are right. So fare only one route can be found and only one direction will work.
Well done finding it. :-)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Greetings KF forum,

Does anybody have any experience booking one Suites Saver award and monitoring for additional availability before departure? Early days of course, but it might be worthwhile for those who book single savers (and follow up if cancelled I suppose) to post the date/route which others can monitor for empirical evidence of additional space being released

Cheers
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bubb1
Greetings KF forum,
Does anybody have any experience booking one Suites Saver award and monitoring for additional availability before departure? Early days of course, but it might be worthwhile for those who book single savers (and follow up if cancelled I suppose) to post the date/route which others can monitor for empirical evidence of additional space being released
Cheers
Probably too early to tell but I'm going to test it in April. I'm looking for two NRT-LAX seats. I've booked one and will now wait and see if and when SQ releases another seat closer to our date. Have a back-up pair of seats in AA First but I'd rather not.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Probably too early to tell but I'm going to test it in April. I'm looking for two NRT-LAX seats. I've booked one and will now wait and see if and when SQ releases another seat closer to our date. Have a back-up pair of seats in AA First but I'd rather not.
SQ only opens up one seat on Suites in Saver. The second seat has to be a Standard Awards. A number of people have tried to get a second seat as saver even last minute when the cabin is empty.

SQ seems to have implemented a maximum quota on saver seats in general for Business and First but I don't have enough data at hand to proof that point.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
SQ only opens up one seat on Suites in Saver.
For 99% of the SQ A380 Suite Saver routes that is correct.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by spizzy
For 99% of the SQ A380 Suite Saver routes that is correct.
As there are not 100 A380 routes, I doubt it
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SMK77
SQ only opens up one seat on Suites in Saver. The second seat has to be a Standard Awards. A number of people have tried to get a second seat as saver even last minute when the cabin is empty.
SQ seems to have implemented a maximum quota on saver seats in general for Business and First but I don't have enough data at hand to proof that point.
At the moment, I can indeed get the 2nd seat on our NRT-LAX April flight at the Standard Award level. It's "only" 149K net miles (or 74.5K and $3,000 if you don't have enough miles). Decisions, decisions. Although the seat map is not a true indication, our Saver seat is the only one assigned so the R load is very light at the moment. The KF call center wasn't much help as to whether SQ ever releases a 2nd Saver seat. I'll probably pull the trigger on the Standard seat and rationalize that, with the SPG bonus, it was only 100K miles pax PP one way.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
I'll probably pull the trigger on the Standard seat and rationalize that, with the SPG bonus, it was only 100K miles pax PP one way.
For my familly of 3, In the past I have had 2 J savers booked and 1 standard. I then waitlisted for a saver that came through about a week before travel. I didnt have enough miles to redeem the saver so (heart in mouth..) I cancelled my standard ticket, the miles instantly refunded and I then re-booked the saver. Worked like a charm..!

So, no guarantees but even if you book the standard award there is no harm in still waitlisting the saver and you never know your luck....
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
As there are not 100 A380 routes, I doubt it
True. I thought about that after posting it, but couldn't be bothered figuring out the true percentage for the route that is the excepetion to the rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.