Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Old Dec 17, 12, 2:14 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Do they only ever have one saver suite seat? How does the waitlist work?
Does it clear if seats are available, or only if the person with the one saver award cancels their ticket?
I'm waitlisted on a flight that departs in less than 24h, more than half of the suites are still available to purchase using cash or standard awards.

I called to ask when the waitlist clears and about my rank on the waitlist. They couldn't tell me my rank and gave me some bs about the flight being completely booked out etc.

This seems to be a bad joke.
Old Dec 17, 12, 2:17 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Let us know if your Waitlist clears or not.
Old Dec 20, 12, 12:53 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
I didn't clear. In the hours before check in it went from R7 to R5. The check-in guy said they don't have a waitlist for first class.

I'm quite unhappy that they raise our hopes by having a waitlist and then not clearing it even though flights are half empty. I booked F on another airline instead. Their loss.
Old Dec 20, 12, 1:26 am

Programs: SQ QPP, LH SEN, CZ G, QR G, CX G, BA EC, HH D, MR S, SPG G, IC A
I requested my upgrade to R five days out. Had to request waitlist over the phone as the website was saying it is closed. I was waitlisted for a day, then my waitlist cleared and additional Saver Awards were available to book online. Now Savers only via waitlist again. Availability went from R3, to R4, now to R1. Seems a bit all over the place.
Old Dec 20, 12, 2:16 am

Good point. Remove the waitlist so it doesn't lead to an unrealistic expectation (no matter how low it is) that it might, maybe, somehow clear.

If they only have the 1 Saver Award for it then just say N/A after it is used. Then people know they have to either use more points for the next Award type or change their plans.
Old Dec 20, 12, 3:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
It looks like SQ is now indeed only giving a certain number of Saver Awards in total for each flight. They prefer to leave seats open instead of opening up Saver Awards:

I wanted an award BKK-SIN and they did not clear the waitlist and the flight left with 8 seats open in Business Class.
Old Dec 20, 12, 10:30 am

My waitlist just cleared, I got the confirmation email!

60 hours AFTER the flight...
Old Dec 21, 12, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer View Post
My waitlist just cleared, I got the confirmation email!

60 hours AFTER the flight...
I thought time travel was only going to be available with the updated late-2013 product?
Old Dec 21, 12, 7:19 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
You obviously don't understand! This is SINGAPORE AIRLINES we do what we want. The A-380 suites will go out empty before we open seats!

Originally Posted by DUflyer View Post
I didn't clear. In the hours before check in it went from R7 to R5. The check-in guy said they don't have a waitlist for first class.

I'm quite unhappy that they raise our hopes by having a waitlist and then not clearing it even though flights are half empty. I booked F on another airline instead. Their loss.
Old Dec 21, 12, 8:00 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Completed 2 Suite Saver Redemptions - what can I say - WOW - just WOW.

Indeed I upgraded from J Saver to Suites Saver 4 hours prior to departure - gotta love that.

3C my pick - hopefully 3D is empty and you can play in 3C and sleep in 3D - SQ cabin staff more then happy to accommodate you in this area.

Have another 6 Suites Savers booked for 2013 - thank you SQ for this wonderful product and thank you for the opportunity to experience it.

To all you SQ knockers I just cannot believe your attitudes. Do you really think your whining on FT will have an effect on SQ decision making? I think not.

I think you might be better served turning your focus to devising strategies to take advantage of this opportunity rather than knocking it.
Old Dec 22, 12, 2:59 am

So you had 1 Suite Saver Redemption secured and a J Class Redemption secured and you were Waitlisted on a 2nd Suite Saver which cleared 4 hours before flight and you then cancelled your J Class Redemption?
Old Dec 22, 12, 4:12 am

Nope I had J Saver booked MEL-SIN on Dec 11 - 4 hours pre departure I checked online and Suite Saver available so just upgraded online.

Already had Suite Saver secured SIN-MEL Dec 16 - did I mention how good the Suites are?
Old Dec 22, 12, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite View Post
Nope I had J Saver booked MEL-SIN on Dec 11 - 4 hours pre departure I checked online and Suite Saver available so just upgraded online.
Is there actually a way to "upgrade" online? Or do you mean you just booked the R Saver and then cancelled the J Saver?

Already had Suite Saver secured SIN-MEL Dec 16 - did I mention how good the Suites are?
You did - but I don't mind hearing about it again. Just makes me look forward to my booking even more
Old Dec 22, 12, 7:56 am

Okay well that is different. I thought you had managed to get 2 Suite Award Savers on the same flight. (Well thats the way I read your post form some reason).

In this case your Waitlist could be that someone whom had already secured the Suite Award Saver cancelled at the last moment and you ended up with it.

Enjoy nonetheless.

Like another member has said how did you manage an "upgrade" using miles from an already miles purchased J Saver?
Old Dec 22, 12, 3:26 pm

4hrs prior to darture I just thought I would check Suite Saver availability - it showed 'Available' - so I just opened existing J Saver and clicked 'Change Details' and proceeded from there - selected Suites/First and the rest is history - did cost me extra 17K pts but that's life.

Search this Thread