Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Old Mar 7, 13, 12:42 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
There is a discussion in this thread about when SQ will open up more than one saver Suite awards on U.S. routes. My wife and I were waitlisted in Suites from SIN to SFO; we cleared the waitlist roughly 4-5 days before departure. This was in late February. And the Suites class was full. Boy, was it a truly amazing and luxurious travel experience -- especially the private room in the SIN lounge. We couldn't believe how tasteful SQ decor was, especially the saddle leather seats. And the Givenchy pajamas are so cozy and classy. Hope this info helps!
flyerguySF is offline  
Old Mar 7, 13, 12:45 pm
  #152  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 21,023
Originally Posted by flyerguySF View Post
There is a discussion in this thread about when SQ will open up more than one saver Suite awards on U.S. routes. My wife and I were waitlisted in Suites from SIN to SFO; we cleared the waitlist roughly 4-5 days before departure. This was in late February. And the Suites class was full. Boy, was it a truly amazing and luxurious travel experience -- especially the private room in the SIN lounge. We couldn't believe how tasteful SQ decor was, especially the saddle leather seats. And the Givenchy pajamas are so cozy and classy. Hope this info helps!
Good to know, thanks.
How were you notified and did the WL clear automatically?
Were you in J and then F/R cleared?
SFO777 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 13, 12:51 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Good to know, thanks.
How were you notified and did the WL clear automatically?
Were you in J and then F/R cleared?
We were notified by email, then called SIN krisflyer desk from Bali via skype to ticket. We were both in J and then F/R cleared. But the F/R reservation was under a separate PNR; it was not an alternate flight on our J PNR. Agent cancelled J tix, redeposited miles, and ticketed F/R.
flyerguySF is offline  
Old Mar 7, 13, 12:55 pm
  #154  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 21,023
Originally Posted by flyerguySF View Post
We were notified by email, then called SIN krisflyer desk from Bali via skype to ticket. We were both in J and then F/R cleared. But the F/R reservation was under a separate PNR; it was not an alternate flight on our J PNR. Agent cancelled J tix, redeposited miles, and ticketed F/R.
Good info. Thanks very much.
Looking forward to my first A380 Suites flight LAX-NRT-SIN in two weeks.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 13, 2:59 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CGK/LAX
Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Posts: 1,159
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Good info. Thanks very much.
Looking forward to my first A380 Suites flight LAX-NRT-SIN in two weeks.
Does this mean we get a suites TR!? You sure have been spoiling us lately.
gpeso8 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 13, 9:12 pm
  #156  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 21,023
Originally Posted by gpeso8 View Post
Does this mean we get a suites TR!? You sure have been spoiling us lately.
Oh yeah. Fortunately, I have three Suites flights in the next month including two with Mrs. SFO. So excited.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Mar 8, 13, 9:36 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Oh yeah. Fortunately, I have three Suites flights in the next month including two with Mrs. SFO. So excited.
Looking forward to reading your TR.
spizzy is offline  
Old Mar 24, 13, 8:59 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond ( Thank Amex) Hyatt Discov
Posts: 1,905
Originally Posted by aster View Post
This is a major game-changer when it comes to redemptions.

I mean SYD to SIN for 46,750 miles in C or 63,750 miles in F... urh... Suites that is.

Am I missing something here, or is it even worth purchasing the extra 17k miles to take advantage of this major change to the redemption structure?
17,000 SQ Krisflyer points can be purchased for US$357, so definitely worth choosing Suites if available for redemption
SingaporeDon is offline  
Old Mar 24, 13, 9:10 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ANC
Posts: 5,403
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon View Post
17,000 SQ Krisflyer points can be purchased for US$357
How?
belfordrocks is offline  
Old Mar 24, 13, 9:14 am
  #160  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 21,023
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon View Post
17,000 SQ Krisflyer points can be purchased for US$357, so definitely worth choosing Suites if available for redemption
Originally Posted by belfordrocks View Post
How?
How indeed? SQ.com shows US$40 per 1,000. So it would be US$680 for 17,000 miles.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/p...iles_moreinfo/
SFO777 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 13, 8:46 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: UA Plat
Posts: 122
Resurrecting an old thread regarding SQ Redemption. I'm looking at redeeming SQ miles for Suites on LAX-NRT-LAX for my wife and myself.

Travel dates will be in March 2014 and we are flexible on travel schedules.

It looks like there is only 1 Saver redemption available (is this a true assumption on Suites?), so options for me for mileage redemption are:

1. Do separate PNRs; get Saver Suites award if available for my wife, then waitlist myself for the next saver award available. Question- Does SQ release more than 1 Suites saver award seat per flight? If i waitlist, what are the chances it clears on this route?

2. Book her on Saver and book me on Standard. In this scenario, is there a way to also waitlist for a Saver award so i can save some miles?

Thanks in advance!
Jake
jakeg104 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 13, 1:53 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,238
*****

Last edited by antonius66; Sep 30, 13 at 3:25 pm
antonius66 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 13, 5:38 pm
  #163  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Singapore
Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Posts: 664
Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post

1. Do separate PNRs; get Saver Suites award if available for my wife, then waitlist myself for the next saver award available. Question- Does SQ release more than 1 Suites saver award seat per flight? If i waitlist, what are the chances it clears on this route?


Thanks in advance!
Jake
Hi Jake,

Not for the route you are interested in but I flew back in Suite on CDG-SIN in August. My better half was on waitlist for close to 11 months. We made numerous calls to Krisflyer to hope for a be able to clear but we did not. On the day of the flight, we could not get a confirmation and the F cabin flew with 7 empty seats. One data point does not make a distribution but that is at least a data point to help the decision process.
JohnSIN is offline  
Old Sep 30, 13, 8:07 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post
1. Do separate PNRs; get Saver Suites award if available for my wife, then waitlist myself for the next saver award available. Question- Does SQ release more than 1 Suites saver award seat per flight? If i waitlist, what are the chances it clears on this route?

2. Book her on Saver and book me on Standard. In this scenario, is there a way to also waitlist for a Saver award so i can save some miles?

Thanks in advance!
Jake
Hi Jake,
I'm not sure if it still works but you can try booking a direct flight for 1x saver suites for yourself first. Followed by 2 separate bookings for SIN-NRT then NRT-LAX for your partner. it will cost more than 2x saver but less than 1xsaver + 1x standard
ticktock83 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 13, 10:34 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 422
Originally Posted by ticktock83 View Post
Hi Jake,
I'm not sure if it still works but you can try booking a direct flight for 1x saver suites for yourself first. Followed by 2 separate bookings for SIN-NRT then NRT-LAX for your partner. it will cost more than 2x saver but less than 1xsaver + 1x standard
+1. Did this booking in April/May 2012 for flights in April 2013.
andysiz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread