Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:42 am

There is a discussion in this thread about when SQ will open up more than one saver Suite awards on U.S. routes. My wife and I were waitlisted in Suites from SIN to SFO; we cleared the waitlist roughly 4-5 days before departure. This was in late February. And the Suites class was full. Boy, was it a truly amazing and luxurious travel experience -- especially the private room in the SIN lounge. We couldn't believe how tasteful SQ decor was, especially the saddle leather seats. And the Givenchy pajamas are so cozy and classy. Hope this info helps!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerguySF
There is a discussion in this thread about when SQ will open up more than one saver Suite awards on U.S. routes. My wife and I were waitlisted in Suites from SIN to SFO; we cleared the waitlist roughly 4-5 days before departure. This was in late February. And the Suites class was full. Boy, was it a truly amazing and luxurious travel experience -- especially the private room in the SIN lounge. We couldn't believe how tasteful SQ decor was, especially the saddle leather seats. And the Givenchy pajamas are so cozy and classy. Hope this info helps!
Good to know, thanks.
How were you notified and did the WL clear automatically?
Were you in J and then F/R cleared?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Good to know, thanks.
How were you notified and did the WL clear automatically?
Were you in J and then F/R cleared?
We were notified by email, then called SIN krisflyer desk from Bali via skype to ticket. We were both in J and then F/R cleared. But the F/R reservation was under a separate PNR; it was not an alternate flight on our J PNR. Agent cancelled J tix, redeposited miles, and ticketed F/R.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerguySF
We were notified by email, then called SIN krisflyer desk from Bali via skype to ticket. We were both in J and then F/R cleared. But the F/R reservation was under a separate PNR; it was not an alternate flight on our J PNR. Agent cancelled J tix, redeposited miles, and ticketed F/R.
Good info. Thanks very much.
Looking forward to my first A380 Suites flight LAX-NRT-SIN in two weeks.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Good info. Thanks very much.
Looking forward to my first A380 Suites flight LAX-NRT-SIN in two weeks.
Does this mean we get a suites TR!? You sure have been spoiling us lately.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Does this mean we get a suites TR!? You sure have been spoiling us lately.
Oh yeah. Fortunately, I have three Suites flights in the next month including two with Mrs. SFO. So excited.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Oh yeah. Fortunately, I have three Suites flights in the next month including two with Mrs. SFO. So excited.
Looking forward to reading your TR.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by aster
This is a major game-changer when it comes to redemptions.

I mean SYD to SIN for 46,750 miles in C or 63,750 miles in F... urh... Suites that is.

Am I missing something here, or is it even worth purchasing the extra 17k miles to take advantage of this major change to the redemption structure?
17,000 SQ Krisflyer points can be purchased for US$357, so definitely worth choosing Suites if available for redemption
Old Mar 24, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
17,000 SQ Krisflyer points can be purchased for US$357
How?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
17,000 SQ Krisflyer points can be purchased for US$357, so definitely worth choosing Suites if available for redemption
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
How?
How indeed? SQ.com shows US$40 per 1,000. So it would be US$680 for 17,000 miles.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/p...iles_moreinfo/
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Plat
Resurrecting an old thread regarding SQ Redemption. I'm looking at redeeming SQ miles for Suites on LAX-NRT-LAX for my wife and myself.

Travel dates will be in March 2014 and we are flexible on travel schedules.

It looks like there is only 1 Saver redemption available (is this a true assumption on Suites?), so options for me for mileage redemption are:

1. Do separate PNRs; get Saver Suites award if available for my wife, then waitlist myself for the next saver award available. Question- Does SQ release more than 1 Suites saver award seat per flight? If i waitlist, what are the chances it clears on this route?

2. Book her on Saver and book me on Standard. In this scenario, is there a way to also waitlist for a Saver award so i can save some miles?

Thanks in advance!
Jake
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:53 pm

Last edited by antonius66; Sep 30, 2013 at 2:25 pm
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:38 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jakeg104

1. Do separate PNRs; get Saver Suites award if available for my wife, then waitlist myself for the next saver award available. Question- Does SQ release more than 1 Suites saver award seat per flight? If i waitlist, what are the chances it clears on this route?

Thanks in advance!
Jake
Hi Jake,

Not for the route you are interested in but I flew back in Suite on CDG-SIN in August. My better half was on waitlist for close to 11 months. We made numerous calls to Krisflyer to hope for a be able to clear but we did not. On the day of the flight, we could not get a confirmation and the F cabin flew with 7 empty seats. One data point does not make a distribution but that is at least a data point to help the decision process.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by jakeg104

2. Book her on Saver and book me on Standard. In this scenario, is there a way to also waitlist for a Saver award so i can save some miles?

Thanks in advance!
Jake
Hi Jake,
I'm not sure if it still works but you can try booking a direct flight for 1x saver suites for yourself first. Followed by 2 separate bookings for SIN-NRT then NRT-LAX for your partner. it will cost more than 2x saver but less than 1xsaver + 1x standard
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ticktock83
Hi Jake,
I'm not sure if it still works but you can try booking a direct flight for 1x saver suites for yourself first. Followed by 2 separate bookings for SIN-NRT then NRT-LAX for your partner. it will cost more than 2x saver but less than 1xsaver + 1x standard
+1. Did this booking in April/May 2012 for flights in April 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.