Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Old Nov 30, 12, 3:50 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite View Post
Great news indeed and there is indeed availability 1 seat/flt.

Today booked 2 x OW F Savers MEL-SIN-HKG - suites on both legs - 63K pts + A$302 - fabulous.
?
You confirm that theres only 1 seat per flight and then state you booked 2 seats on 2 flights. Please explain how to get around the 1 seat / flight restriction.
Catch23 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 12, 10:29 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 712
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
What's interesting is that they're supposed to switch back to A380 on March 24 or 25? I just booked 2 First awards for March 25 and it booked them on a 777. Here's to hoping my sister and bro-in-law get into the suites! ^
The switch occurs on 3/26, so I wouldn't bank on it
OptionsCLE is offline  
Old Nov 30, 12, 11:11 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,389
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE View Post
The switch occurs on 3/26, so I wouldn't bank on it
I found my information here, but I'm not informing them of such so it'll be a nice surprise should it happen.
infamousdx is offline  
Old Nov 30, 12, 2:08 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite View Post
Great news indeed and there is indeed availability 1 seat/flt.

Today booked 2 x OW F Savers MEL-SIN-HKG - suites on both legs - 63K pts + A$302 - fabulous.
Was that with a stopover in SIN? If so how did you do that with a Saver? I want to the same as yourself with a stopover in SIN and am having to book 2 seperate Saver trips for a total of 95K.

If yours is not a stopover is there anyway to book like you did a fee for a stopover as opposed to an extra 31K points?

Last edited by spizzy; Nov 30, 12 at 2:14 pm
spizzy is offline  
Old Nov 30, 12, 9:57 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oarstraya
Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by spizzy View Post
Was that with a stopover in SIN? If so how did you do that with a Saver? I want to the same as yourself with a stopover in SIN and am having to book 2 seperate Saver trips for a total of 95K.

If yours is not a stopover is there anyway to book like you did a fee for a stopover as opposed to an extra 31K points?
No stopover my friend - and I did not inquire as to stopover.

I need to be in PEK on Mar 29 and PVG May 5 respectively. I can get F Saver on 773 ex MEL connecting with 77W into PEK and PVG - or I can take Suite Saver on 380 MEL-SIN then Suite Saver SIN-HKG - yes I must buy additional flt HKG-PEK/PVG but thats cool - MEL-SIN-HKG Suite Saver 63,750 is a bargain IMHO.
Cruiser Elite is offline  
Old Nov 30, 12, 9:59 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oarstraya
Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by Catch23 View Post
?
You confirm that theres only 1 seat per flight and then state you booked 2 seats on 2 flights. Please explain how to get around the 1 seat / flight restriction.
Sorry if I mislead you - no I only booked 1 x Suite Saver on 4 different flts.

It appears once 1 x Suite Saver redeemed per flt then you must book Standard Suite redemption to get 2 Suites on same flt.
Cruiser Elite is offline  
Old Dec 1, 12, 3:28 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Posts: 460
Thanks Cruiser Elite for the clarification. I agree it really is a bargain that I can see being used by everyone as soon as more people are aware of it.

Just hope the service doesn't go down in the Suites if they are all full, they start cost cutting due to all the redemptions (ie. no more Dom, etc) and SQ doesnt pull the Saver awards on these seats.

However the fact that as you said there is only 1 Saver seat available per flight could alleiviate this anyway.
spizzy is offline  
Old Dec 1, 12, 4:29 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Posts: 1,381
Now this makes more sense.
tycosiao is offline  
Old Dec 4, 12, 12:27 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
I find SQ's decision kind of ridiculous -- one Saver award R for each A380?? SQ's biz reasons for doing this are transparent: (1) biz travelers don't redeem awards for biz trips (2) leisure travelers usually don't travel alone, so (3) these saver awards are likely for travelers with a ridiculous mileage bank (1 saver, 1 standard R award = roughly 500k miles) or can afford to purchase at least one R ticket for leisure travel (1 saver, 1 $14k ticket). Or a third option: they are for any spouses who accompany a spouse on a biz trip.

SQ should have at least 2 saver awards. I know they used to have none, but that was as useful to me as having just one.
flyerguySF is offline  
Old Dec 4, 12, 8:11 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL GM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing
Posts: 9,151
Booked SQ25 JFK>SIN this Friday in Saver Suites. I travel alone on my own nickel and have a lot of miles so this is a nice change. Understand though how it would not be so useful for others.
5khours is offline  
Old Dec 4, 12, 9:53 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Posts: 3,140
Originally Posted by flyerguySF View Post
I find SQ's decision kind of ridiculous -- one Saver award R for each A380?? SQ's biz reasons for doing this are transparent: (1) biz travelers don't redeem awards for biz trips (2) leisure travelers usually don't travel alone, so (3) these saver awards are likely for travelers with a ridiculous mileage bank (1 saver, 1 standard R award = roughly 500k miles) or can afford to purchase at least one R ticket for leisure travel (1 saver, 1 $14k ticket). Or a third option: they are for any spouses who accompany a spouse on a biz trip.

SQ should have at least 2 saver awards. I know they used to have none, but that was as useful to me as having just one.
What a rant. The first ticket is a cheap saver and the second is a regular standard award for twice the price. Bottom line that is 150% for two tickets in Suites over the old F saver award. So what?

I have travelled Suites alone for leisure more than once...
SMK77 is offline  
Old Dec 4, 12, 10:22 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Posts: 3,140
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Booked SQ25 JFK>SIN this Friday in Saver Suites. I travel alone on my own nickel and have a lot of miles so this is a nice change. Understand though how it would not be so useful for others.
That's great news. Saver Awards are now indeed also available for LAX/SFO/JFK. They were blocked in the beginning and only Standard Awards were available.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Dec 5, 12, 12:05 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: Marriott Platinum, AC 50K, SL Jade
Posts: 694
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
What a rant. The first ticket is a cheap saver and the second is a regular standard award for twice the price. Bottom line that is 150% for two tickets in Suites over the old F saver award. So what?

I have travelled Suites alone for leisure more than once...
Definitely agree.

Better paying 270,000 miles from SIN-USA rather than 2 million miles in Suites one way!
aviationp is offline  
Old Dec 5, 12, 3:33 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ANC
Posts: 5,401
Originally Posted by flyerguySF View Post
I find SQ's decision kind of ridiculous -- one Saver award R for each A380?? SQ's biz reasons for doing this are transparent: (1) biz travelers don't redeem awards for biz trips (2) leisure travelers usually don't travel alone, so (3) these saver awards are likely for travelers with a ridiculous mileage bank (1 saver, 1 standard R award = roughly 500k miles) or can afford to purchase at least one R ticket for leisure travel (1 saver, 1 $14k ticket). Or a third option: they are for any spouses who accompany a spouse on a biz trip.

SQ should have at least 2 saver awards. I know they used to have none, but that was as useful to me as having just one.
Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth...
belfordrocks is offline  
Old Dec 5, 12, 4:42 am
  #30  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere I need to be.
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 16,046
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Booked SQ25 JFK>SIN this Friday in Saver Suites. I travel alone on my own nickel and have a lot of miles so this is a nice change. Understand though how it would not be so useful for others.
Using UA miles?
AA_EXP09 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread