Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
pls call in n ask them to refund. They need a supervisor to overwrites the system.
Did you just do a separate waitlist for SIN-SFO in first class? This might be the reason that they charge separately.
.You need to do a separate waitlist for F in BKK-SFO instead.
There is no F on BKK-SIN

​​​​​I sent them an email.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
There is no F on BKK-SIN

​​​​​I sent them an email.
i know. But this is married segment. So you need to call in to waitlist the entire segment (J for BKK-SIN n F in SIN-SFO).
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:14 pm

i know. But this is married segment. So you need to call in to waitlist the entire segment (J for BKK-SIN n F in SIN-SFO).
I was already confirmed on BKK-SIN-SFO in J. There was nothing to waitlist for BKK-SIN.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Not sure whether this is the right place to ask:
I am currently holding an business award ticket (nominated by my family member), if I were to waitlist a suites’ award, will I be able to use my point to top up the difference between the two once it’s clear or it needs to be from the one who nominate me?
thanks in advance.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was already confirmed on BKK-SIN-SFO in J. There was nothing to waitlist for BKK-SIN.
this is not how it work for such segment. You still need to waitlist the entire segment since the availability is different for BKK-SFO n SIN-SFO
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
this is not how it work for such segment. You still need to waitlist the entire segment since the availability is different for BKK-SFO n SIN-SFO
Correct. Hence, inherently by the way the OP requested the waitlist separately for SIN-SFO he / she was charged for two separate reservations. As mentioned before, suggest OP to read up on married segment rules if you still don't understand how this works and impacts you / is relevant to your itinerary.

Yes, you shouldn't have to do that kind of advanced studying up on what should be a simple process, but don't count on all SQ agents being able to explain this one to you and work around it. You want your itinerary priced as one flight as it should, you'll need to get this sorted.
canadiancow and dici like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:00 pm

I still don't understand it, but I accept it, and I appreciate your advice.

I understand married segments and such, but the only award waitlisting I've done before has been for the entire itinerary (SQ) or on a per-segment basis (UA), and this appeared to work exactly like the UA case (though it obviously didn't).

Anyway, I sent an email a few days ago, so I expect to hear back soonish.

Probably still worth it even if it costs the extra 50k, but don't tell SQ I said that.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As others advised, while counterintuitive, you need to have BKK-SFO (via SIN) available as Saver Award as else the agent constructs your itinerary out of two one ways which each price separately. Don't look for logic in this that a normal passenger could understand.

Now experienced supervisors should be able to address that issue and overwrite the mileage pricing, but finding one willing and able requires patience and a smidge of luck ( well more than a smidge ).
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:45 pm

The change to SQ 2 made my issue moot. I've just refunded the whole thing.
Old May 12, 2021, 6:17 pm

I waitlisted for 3 separate dates 2 days ago and received 2 emails with the following title “Ticketing time limit for your upcoming flight(s)”

Your booking will be cancelled if it is not completed by 16 May 2021, 06:00 (GMT +8). If you have other waitlisted flights in this booking, please contact your local Singapore Airlines office to confirm your booking. Do note that the ticketing deadline may change if any of your waitlisted flight(s) becomes confirmed. Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines and we look forward to welcoming you on board our flight.

Does this mean that the waitlist clears? I tried to follow the instructions by going online to see if I could confirm the flights but it wasn’t showing me that any of the segments I waitlisted become available.

So confused...
Old May 12, 2021, 11:06 pm

No, it doesn't mean your waitlist cleared. That is a different message. This one tells you that basically, your booking (your waitlist booking to be exact) will be cancelled by the given date/ time.

Regardless whether it is in reserved status and ready for confirmation or still pending to clear waitlist, the system will enforce the ticketing deadline (called TTL). Best course of action, especially if real flight is still far out, is to call the reservations and ask for a ticketing time limit (hence TTL) extension. That can be done easily and should not require much pleading.

I'd recommend to call the Singapore number for this even if you are based outside SIN. YMMV.
PoochieLaGrande likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by PoochieLaGrande
I waitlisted for 3 separate dates 2 days ago and received 2 emails with the following title “Ticketing time limit for your upcoming flight(s)”

Your booking will be cancelled if it is not completed by 16 May 2021, 06:00 (GMT +8). If you have other waitlisted flights in this booking, please contact your local Singapore Airlines office to confirm your booking. Do note that the ticketing deadline may change if any of your waitlisted flight(s) becomes confirmed. Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines and we look forward to welcoming you on board our flight.

Does this mean that the waitlist clears? I tried to follow the instructions by going online to see if I could confirm the flights but it wasn’t showing me that any of the segments I waitlisted become available.

So confused...
your booking is for June ? Because SQ will cancel all waitlist few weeks before the flight.
I think it is 2 or 3 week before. Can’t remember. They change it in 2019 I think.
Old May 13, 2021, 2:22 am

My bookings are for mid December...so I was surprised to receive TLL so early (within 2 days of waitlisting) given it is 7 months ahead of time.

Is it the norm? This is the first time for me to waitlist, having gone for available for confirmation awards in the past...
Old May 14, 2021, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by PoochieLaGrande
My bookings are for mid December...so I was surprised to receive TLL so early (within 2 days of waitlisting) given it is 7 months ahead of time.

Is it the norm? This is the first time for me to waitlist, having gone for available for confirmation awards in the past...
Yes it is the norm if you waitlist via website. If you waitlist via call center you can ask the agent straight away about the TTL and request an extension to the normally rather short standard period. This makes sense if your flight is still far out as else you have to re-waitlist over and over and at some point waitlist could be closed, especially for rewards (e.g. saver).
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:09 pm

Do agents have any power to bypass waitlist? I'm looking to book LHR > AKL in Business 19 September (arriving AKL 20 September). What's the chances this will clear?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.