FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

SQueeze Jan 5, 2015 10:52 pm

I think our wiki needs to be updated:

1. UOB Preferred Visa Platinum for Paywave transactions: Cold Storage, Guardian, Giant, etc are now giving stupid SMART$ rebates rather than points.

2. ANZ's 2.8 miles are a lot more limited now to just AUD/NZD and QF/Jetstar transactions.

Thanks in advance.

Awesom Andy Jan 6, 2015 12:46 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 24109287)

1. UOB Preferred Visa Platinum for Paywave transactions: Cold Storage, Guardian, Giant, etc are now giving stupid SMART$ rebates rather than points.

2. ANZ's 2.8 miles are a lot more limited now to just AUD/NZD and QF/Jetstar transactions.

Thanks in advance.

Speaking of which, where would we get an updated and definite list of which places give those STUPID$ SMART$ rebates?

And I guess the ANZ 2.8 miles are only useful for expats who travel back and forth very often, assuming no limits as well?

snowbhoy Jan 6, 2015 1:35 am

Anyone know where I can get an accurate list of Veloce loungers where ANZ is accepted?

I got rejected on Jan 3rd at KL, was told that they had been informed by Veloce not to accept ANZ cards any more. I called up ANZ today to enquire about this and was informed that I couldn't access DNATA or Skyview, but ambassador was available.

When I check website it still lists old lounges that can;t be accessed any more. Bit frustrating to say the least, any other SG card that gets access to lounges?

AddictedTraveller Jan 6, 2015 2:08 am

Hi Snowbhoy - if you go to this Veloce page and then enter your card number it'll come up with the correct list for your card.

Volasia Jan 6, 2015 2:21 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

ANZ Travel card has new conditions for 2015, now the minimum spending is 2,500 !

SQueeze Jan 6, 2015 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 24109966)
ANZ Travel card has new conditions for 2015, now the minimum spending is 2,500 !

The limo perks are getting worse and worse indeed.

New general T&C too. at least now the bonus Travel$ will be given the same month provided cap has not been reached - which is good.

Anyway, I just took a look again at UOB limo perks last night. True that it is less attractive with the cap of 2x / quarter and the charge-first-rebate-later. But the minimum spend is easier to reach because it is not specified as "travel-related" only or "500 dollars in single receipt".

dickson_g Jan 6, 2015 4:43 am

The "best" limo credit card may well be Citibank Premier Mastercard. Only need $500 overseas travel related spending to get a free ride. But its only 4 rides per year. However, the unique thing is that this ride can be "from home to airport" or "from airport to home". The latter is much more valuable because of the surcharge. And even if you book the "airport to home" after midnight, its free (ie. Citi will eat the midnight surcharge). So far, I've used up all my 4 rides per year quota on rides back home from the airport.

Volasia Jan 6, 2015 4:56 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

ANZ is now the same it can be from airport as well.

aster Jan 6, 2015 5:13 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 24109287)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks - have just updated both sections (with some big warnings on the new annual spend limit for the UOB PPV 4 miles/$ ratio as well as the SMART$ exclusions), if there's anything else there that needs changing just let me know and I'll run the update. :)

I'll also be adding info on the PRVI MC in a few mins...

aster Jan 6, 2015 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy (Post 24109650)
Speaking of which, where would we get an updated and definite list of which places give those STUPID$ SMART$ rebates?

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...smartclub.html

Just click on expand all and the full list will be shown.

yosithezet Jan 6, 2015 10:50 am

Originally Posted by dickson_g (Post 24110358)
The "best" limo credit card may well be Citibank Premier Mastercard. Only need $500 overseas travel related spending to get a free ride. But its only 4 rides per year. However, the unique thing is that this ride can be "from home to airport" or "from airport to home". The latter is much more valuable because of the surcharge. And even if you book the "airport to home" after midnight, its free (ie. Citi will eat the midnight surcharge). So far, I've used up all my 4 rides per year quota on rides back home from the airport.

Hmm...I was unaware of this. Plane tickets count as spend? Where do you get the info to book?

dickson_g Jan 6, 2015 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 24112330)
Hmm...I was unaware of this. Plane tickets count as spend? Where do you get the info to book?

Oops .. Citi had just revised the T&C. Now you need minimum S$1,500 per quarter of overseas spending, previously it was S$500. Overseas spending refers to any retail spending in non-S$. https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_d...ons_Latest.pdf

With this change, the best card for free airport limo will be UOB PRVI which requires S$1000 per quarter and entitles 2 transfers per quarter.

snowbhoy Jan 6, 2015 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller (Post 24109924)
Hi Snowbhoy - if you go to this Veloce page and then enter your card number it'll come up with the correct list for your card.

But it still lists lounges which are no longer accessible (I.e. I got turned away from KL plaza premium on Saturday), though it has taken off the Changi ones:

Kuala Lumpur International Airport – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Plaza Premium Lounge

aster Jan 6, 2015 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by dickson_g (Post 24114853)
With this change, the best card for free airport limo will be UOB PRVI which requires S$1000 per quarter...

They too have gone downhill with this as the $1000 is actually the foreign spend equivalent of $1000+. Plus not only do those transactions have to be made overseas, you have to physically make them abroad (internet/"card not present" transactions do not qualify according to the T&Cs).

SQueeze Jan 6, 2015 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 24115937)
They too have gone downhill with this as the $1000 is actually the foreign spend equivalent of $1000+. Plus not only do those transactions have to be made overseas, you have to physically make them abroad (internet/"card not present" transactions do not qualify according to the T&Cs).

Oh, you caught me there. Thanks for highlighting. I read so quickly, i thought it was included. "excluding non-card present", double negatives in the same distance can indeed be missed out if one is not as careful.

I wonder what they mean with that though. Say for example, I called SQ India office to reissue a certain ticket. They usually take down my card number over the phone and then reissue manually. This is not considered online transaction, no sms OTP. But card is not present. :confused:

Post note:

i think i got my answer. I just googled card-not-present transactions (CNP) and i think the above scenario is considered a CNP so it won't qualify. So yea, I guess it is quite restrictive.