FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Dec 14, 14 3:03 am


Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 23993474)
It will be interesting to compare the potentially new UOB PRVI MasterCard with the citi prestige one, all benefits included....

True, let's wait for the announcements. Earn rate listed is the same as Amex version when the 'compare card' function was still showing on the UOB website.

lcpteck Dec 14, 14 3:10 am


Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 23993905)
I believe that's limited to S$2k a month and I am already maxed out per month on that promotion.

That's why having a general spending card or some other backup specific spending cards need to be in your wallet.

Hence that is why I carry 8 CCs in my wallet. Maximise earning potential!!

tnkngn Dec 14, 14 3:56 am


Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 23993866)
I would suggest:

1. UOB Prvimiles Amex. This will be the card you use almost all the time. It will earn 2.5x in foreign currency and 1.6x in SGD. It's the currency that you need to watch out for, irrespective of the location where you actually have the transaction.

2.Citibank Premiermiles Visa. This is your back-up card in case Amex is not accepted. It will give 2x in foreign currency and 1.2x in SGD.

That is the bare minimum and the best bet in the situation where you are not leveraging into the >4x cards.

And if you already have the Citibank Premiermiles Visa and if you travel a lot. Expedia asian sites, and agoda will be 6x miles. and Kaligo will be 10x miles. But there are terms and conditions you need to watch out for, for example, only certain airlines.

As for SQ co-branded cards, none of us here will be into it. I am not sure what is the earning rate but i think it is <1x and even after their complicated bonuses, it is not anywhere close to even 2x.

Thanks for your reply SQueeze!

When you are talking about "will earn 2.5x in foreign currency and 1.6x in SGD", you are talking about KF miles, or the actual "program" miles?

I don't find KF miles being mentioned at all on the UOB site for the UOB Prvimiles Amex card.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...amex_card.html

Volasia Dec 14, 14 4:03 am


Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 23994035)
Thanks for your reply SQueeze!

When you are talking about "will earn 2.5x in foreign currency and 1.6x in SGD", you are talking about KF miles, or the actual "program" miles?

I don't find KF miles being mentioned at all on the UOB site for the UOB Prvimiles Amex card.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...amex_card.html

On the subject of miles received for spending abroad, it's important to note that it's often proportional to the hidden fee you pay. Example: AZN card 1.5% and 1.4 miles. PRVI Amex 3.25% and 2.5 miles. All in all, the question is whether you need additional miles and are ready to pay for them. I tent to use ANZ abroad.

SingaporeDon Dec 14, 14 4:03 am


Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 23994035)
Thanks for your reply SQueeze!

When you are talking about "will earn 2.5x in foreign currency and 1.6x in SGD", you are talking about KF miles, or the actual "program" miles?

I don't find KF miles being mentioned at all on the UOB site for the UOB Prvimiles Amex card.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...amex_card.html


http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...s/pdfs/tnc.pdf

UOB PRVI Miles Platinum Cardmembers will earn UNI$6.25 for every S$5 spent in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 2.5 miles for every S$1 spent.

SQueeze Dec 14, 14 5:24 am


Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 23994035)
Quote:





Originally Posted by SQueeze


I would suggest:

1. UOB Prvimiles Amex. This will be the card you use almost all the time. It will earn 2.5x in foreign currency and 1.6x in SGD. It's the currency that you need to watch out for, irrespective of the location where you actually have the transaction.

2.Citibank Premiermiles Visa. This is your back-up card in case Amex is not accepted. It will give 2x in foreign currency and 1.2x in SGD.

That is the bare minimum and the best bet in the situation where you are not leveraging into the &gt;4x cards.

And if you already have the Citibank Premiermiles Visa and if you travel a lot. Expedia asian sites, and agoda will be 6x miles. and Kaligo will be 10x miles. But there are terms and conditions you need to watch out for, for example, only certain airlines.

As for SQ co-branded cards, none of us here will be into it. I am not sure what is the earning rate but i think it is &lt;1x and even after their complicated bonuses, it is not anywhere close to even 2x.




Thanks for your reply SQueeze!

When you are talking about &quot;will earn 2.5x in foreign currency and 1.6x in SGD&quot;, you are talking about KF miles, or the actual &quot;program&quot; miles?

I don't find KF miles being mentioned at all on the UOB site for the UOB Prvimiles Amex card.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...amex_card.html

It's all on the nett KF miles earned

Linkster Dec 14, 14 8:51 am

Get More rewards instantly with Perx!
 
Simply link your UOB PRVI Miles Platinum Card to a Perx account and collect chops by spending at participating merchants to unlock instant rewards!

Terms and conditions apply.
Visit getperx.com/link for more details.

percysmith Dec 14, 14 12:39 pm


Originally Posted by Linkster (Post 23994787)
Simply link your UOB PRVI Miles Platinum Card to a Perx account and collect chops by spending at participating merchants to unlock instant rewards!

Terms and conditions apply.
Visit getperx.com/link for more details.

Yes we have it for Hong Kong too (Amex) http://email.americanexpress.com/a/h...DlsOS60q/amex1

lcpteck Dec 14, 14 8:53 pm

Thanks, will install Perx and try it out.

SQueeze Dec 14, 14 11:51 pm


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23997774)
Thanks, will install Perx and try it out.

Is this something new?

i have been linking my Amex Preferred Amex (dining card) to Perx for at least a year and have been getting perx chops automatically

lcpteck Dec 15, 14 12:57 am


Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 23998424)
Is this something new?

i have been linking my Amex Preferred Amex (dining card) to Perx for at least a year and have been getting perx chops automatically

I see, I've never heard of it. Maybe poor marketing hehe.. Will link my Preferred Amex card as well, guess more merchants for dining establishments?

Volasia Dec 16, 14 11:55 pm

do you guys see any value to the Citi prestige mastercard vs. the ANZ travel card? given its price, I fail to see any plus to it.

lcpteck Dec 17, 14 12:44 am

Citibank PremierMiles Visa Signature
 
Minimum Annual Income Requirement of the Citibank PremierMiles Visa Signature dropped to $50k.

demue Dec 17, 14 7:47 am

Has been like that for a few months already - 50k for PM Visa and 80k for PM Amex.

lsed Dec 21, 14 10:06 am


Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 23995761)
Yes we have it for Hong Kong too (Amex) http://email.americanexpress.com/a/h...DlsOS60q/amex1


What kind of benefits can you get out of those chops?
I can't seem to find any redemption chart or any info about it without linking the card.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:51 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.