FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Dec 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 24032162)
What kind of benefits can you get out of those chops?
I can't seem to find any redemption chart or any info about it without linking the card.

No idea, I linked my card but don't see any participating merchants list.

lcpteck Dec 27, 2014 6:29 pm

ANZ Travel Visa CC denied access to Plaza Premium Lounge KUL Satellite Terminal

ANZ Travel Card CC users, please take note of the below.

I'm currently here in KUL Satellite Terminal and was denied access to the Plaza Premium Lounge using the card. It seems there's some issues that is being sorted out between the lounge and ANZ. So no access till further notice.

I used my PP card instead.

elliotng Dec 28, 2014 9:31 am

Which cards do you guys use to pay for monthly HDB season parking via HDB website? Any one managed to get 4miles per dollar with DBS Woman's card and/or UOB PPV?

SirJman Dec 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 24060453)
ANZ Travel Card CC users, please take note of the below.

I'm currently here in KUL Satellite Terminal and was denied access to the Plaza Premium Lounge using the card. It seems there's some issues that is being sorted out between the lounge and ANZ. So no access till further notice.

I used my PP card instead.

Hmmm. It should be with Veloce, and not with ANZ they have the issue with. I used this lounge 8 times in the last couple months, and although there could be a queue, no one ever batted an eye with it.

fractal89 Dec 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 24009892)
do you guys see any value to the Citi prestige mastercard vs. the ANZ travel card? given its price, I fail to see any plus to it.

I've gone with the Citi over the ANZ card because of the generally higher earn rate, and the points offered as a welcome gift (25k miles for the Citi Prestige card alone, 62.5k miles when I signed up together with Citigold)

lcpteck Dec 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Veloce Lounges discontinues partnership with ANZ

Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 24065026)
Hmmm. It should be with Veloce, and not with ANZ they have the issue with. I used this lounge 8 times in the last couple months, and although there could be a queue, no one ever batted an eye with it.

LATEST NEWS!

Veloce Lounges have discontinued their partnership with ANZ.

I wonder what will ANZ provide for Lounge access. Go back to 2 complimentary visits per year by Priority Pass?

SingaporeDon Dec 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 24065026)

My Veloce lounge card issued by ANZ also was denied at a lounge a couple of months ago. I made a note to check with ANZ, but never bothered.

SQueeze Dec 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 24076222)
LATEST NEWS!

I wonder what will ANZ provide for Lounge access. Go back to 2 complimentary visits per year by Priority Pass?

Oh boy, this card is really going to the bin now.
I moved it from my wallet to my passport holder because it has no more desirable benefits from spending. Now, it can go to the bin. :(

I still used it last Monday at HCMC.

Volasia Dec 31, 2014 4:10 am

the UOB MasterCard PRVI is now available.
1.6 miles indeed, but no other benefits such as lounge or limo. The fee is quite high 406 per year !

vsepr Dec 31, 2014 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 24077235)
the UOB MasterCard PRVI is now available.
1.6 miles indeed, but no other benefits such as lounge or limo. The fee is quite high 406 per year !

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...astercard.html

Don't have "Enjoy bonus 20,000 miles when you spend S$50,000 in a year".:td:

http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/ca...vi_milesmc.pdf

A foreign currency factor of 3.25% on the
amount converted will be charged (out of
which 1% which will be retained by
MasterCard).

Same rate as the AMEX version.:td:

SirJman Dec 31, 2014 6:30 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 24076222)
LATEST NEWS!

Where'd you hear this? The website (not that this is updated that often) still shows it to be up to date. I just used it twice in the last week without any issue (SIN and TPE)

SingaporeDon Dec 31, 2014 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 24077415)
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...astercard.html

Don't have "Enjoy bonus 20,000 miles when you spend S$50,000 in a year".:td:

http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/ca...vi_milesmc.pdf

A foreign currency factor of 3.25% on the
amount converted will be charged (out of
which 1% which will be retained by
MasterCard).

Same rate as the AMEX version.:td:

So, don't use for overseas transactions due to the 3.15% Foreign currency charge. But still best non-AMEX card now for local spend, at 1.6 miles per $ spend, trumping the ANZ Travel visa. Travel insurance is a small plus. Fee is high, but first year is waived, so ok for now

Volasia Dec 31, 2014 7:04 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

It doesn't necessarily trump the ANZ card. The earning rate is lower but as of now there is still unlimited lounge access and limo. That remains a very good general card at a reasonable price.

Napsterz Jan 1, 2015 3:03 am

Miles Accrual Plan

Need some comments and advice from you guys on my "miles accrual plan" :p

Currently I own:
DBS Altitude Visa Signature
Citi PM Visa Signature

Considering to apply :
AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend (Get 5000 bonus miles, keep 1 year then cancel)
UOB PRVI Miles Platinum (3 years free annual fee waiver)
ANZ Travel Visa Card. (2000 bonus miles on application)

Based on my research, I believe the plan would work as follows:
Local Spending Accepting Amex - Use UOB Prvi Miles (1.6 miles/$)
Local Spending not accepting Amex - Use ANZ Travel Visa (1.4 miles/$)
Overseas Spending Accepting Amex - Use UOB Prvi Miles (2.5 miles/$) - Is this a good move since AMEX foreign charges are high? Should I use DBS Altitude/Citi PM instead?
Overseas Spending Not Accepting Amex - Use DBS/Citi PM (2 miles/$)

In addition, I will keep the DBS Altitude, ANZ Travel Visa, Citi PM and pay the annual fees of 192.60 every year to get 10k bonus miles each. Will rack up the points over the years since they do not expire (except ANZ Travel Visa which I will offload the points to Kris Flyer at the end of the 5 year expiry).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance

elliotng Jan 1, 2015 6:42 am

Managed to used ANZ card to enter HCMC lounge today