FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Jul 3, 2013 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 21035447)
Regarding DBS Women's Card

How does the 10X bonus post? Does it post separately?
I did some purchases online, chose to pay via paypal. Statement showing only a measly increase in DBS$

Edit: I have this feeling that UOB is going to introduce a cap for PPV 10X

1x is posted immediately after transaction is posted. The extra 9x will be posted on the 16th of the following month.

I can never calculate DBS points correctly (posted points is more than what I calculated, but I still continue tracking it since I'm already tracking all my other cards).

oetemeteo Jul 3, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi, need some advice.

For me, I always use OCBC Titanium Credit card for oversea, oversea online transaction and locally. Easily hit over S$1500 every month.

So every S$1 = 3 OCBC$ + 1.3 bonus air miles(3 OCBC$ = 1.2 air miles). Total = 1.3 + 1.2 = 2.5 air miles.

The only thing is that there will be a conversion fee to convert the bonus air miles to krislfyer whereas 3 OCBC$ = 1.2 air miles can convert free. It can also earn 1.2 air miles (including bonus miles) locally.

Can I will assume it is a combination of Maybank Horizon for oversea spending ( Maybank 2 miles vs OCBC 2.5 miles) + Citibank PremierMiles for local spending. Correct me if I am wrong.

lcpteck Jul 4, 2013 12:34 am

Originally Posted by oetemeteo (Post 21037895)
Hi, need some advice.

For me, I always use OCBC Titanium Credit card for oversea, oversea online transaction and locally. Easily hit over S$1500 every month.

So every S$1 = 3 OCBC$ + 1.3 bonus air miles(3 OCBC$ = 1.2 air miles). Total = 1.3 + 1.2 = 2.5 air miles.

The only thing is that there will be a conversion fee to convert the bonus air miles to krislfyer whereas 3 OCBC$ = 1.2 air miles can convert free. It can also earn 1.2 air miles (including bonus miles) locally.

Can I will assume it is a combination of Maybank Horizon for oversea spending ( Maybank 2 miles vs OCBC 2.5 miles) + Citibank PremierMiles for local spending. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sounds more like UOB PRVI Miles Amex 2.5 miles for overseas spend. 1.2 miles for local spend, DBS Altitude and Citibank PM.

lsed Jul 4, 2013 1:29 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21037668)
1x is posted immediately after transaction is posted. The extra 9x will be posted on the 16th of the following month.

I can never calculate DBS points correctly (posted points is more than what I calculated, but I still continue tracking it since I'm already tracking all my other cards).

Thanks for the clarification!

lsed Jul 4, 2013 4:19 pm

Just checked and a bunch of UNI$ have posted.

It seems for the purchases made 2 days ago.

Have a bunch from Thursday - Friday last week still not accounted for.

Hopefully they will do it soon

MilesBuzz Jul 5, 2013 9:47 pm

I am applying for the Ascend card just for the sake of getting the freebies today.

As for the UOB and DBS cards, are the PRVI and Altitude AE now similar to the Preferred Visa and Altitute Visa respectively? If yes, then, I will just apply for the Visa versions.

Archieflyer Jul 6, 2013 12:13 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21047881)
I am applying for the Ascend card just for the sake of getting the freebies today.

As for the UOB and DBS cards, are the PRVI and Altitude AE now similar to the Preferred Visa and Altitute Visa respectively? If yes, then, I will just apply for the Visa versions.

No reason to apply for the Altitude Amex. Points earning structure is exactly the same as the Visa version and the Visa version comes with a Priority Pass card (2 free visits a year).

The UOB Preferred Platinum Amex and Visa cards otoh, are completely different card. Amex earns 10x points (ie 4 miles/$) for dining whereas the Visa earns 10x points for online & paywave transactions. You should get both cards.

(The Pref Plat Amex also comes with a Mastercard, which is useless. That you can cut in two and throw into the bin).

MilesBuzz Jul 6, 2013 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 21048225)
No reason to apply for the Altitude Amex. Points earning structure is exactly the same as the Visa version and the Visa version comes with a Priority Pass card (2 free visits a year).

The UOB Preferred Platinum Amex and Visa cards otoh, are completely different card. Amex earns 10x points (ie 4 miles/$) for dining whereas the Visa earns 10x points for online & paywave transactions. You should get both cards.

(The Pref Plat Amex also comes with a Mastercard, which is useless. That you can cut in two and throw into the bin).

Thanks for the advice :)

It looks like I will have the following cards by end of July:
1. UOB PRVI Miles AE & Preferred Platinum Visa
2. DBS Altitude Visa
3. AE Krisflyer Ascend
4. Citibank PM

Should be enough I believe to enjoy the best of all worlds (local, overseas, PayWave, etc).

hclee01 Jul 6, 2013 1:08 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21048346)

2. DBS Altitude Visa
3. AE Krisflyer Ascend
4. Citibank PM

Should be enough I believe to enjoy the best of all worlds (local, overseas, PayWave, etc).

If you dine at restaurants often, you may wish to consider UOB Preferred AMEX Card as well.

vsepr Jul 6, 2013 5:44 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21048346)

2. DBS Altitude Visa
3. AE Krisflyer Ascend
4. Citibank PM

Unless you need miles for THAI Royal Orchid Plus & Delta SkyMiles from Citi PM, you should replace DBS Altitude VISA and Citi PM by:
ANZ Travel Visa

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/pers...s/travel-card/

Mileage accrual: Earn 1.4 miles for every $1 spent (every $0.72 gives 1 mile). IMPORTANT: The entire charge is multiplied by 1.4 miles, including cents.

Requirements: min. income $60,000 ($90,000 for foreigners).
Cost: First year free, then $200 for main and $100 for supplementary. Unsure of any annual fee waiver conditions.
Miles conversion fee: $25 per conversion.

Pros: Decent card for local spend. 5% Rebate for EZ-link & Cold Storage/Marketplace/Giant (charge >S$600 in a calendar month). Charge >S$1500 every 30 days and get a free limo ride to airport. Transfer in blocks of 500 miles.
Cons: No internet banking. Points are valid for 5 years (transfer before expiry and they will subsequently be valid for a further 3 years from the date of transfer to KrisFlyer).

demue Jul 7, 2013 1:56 am

BTW, Maybank extended the 10x Rewards Infinite merchants by another "generous" 3 month till 30 Sep 2013. Wow, well at least 3 months more of ezlink top-ups at a nice earnings rate. Yes you need to have RI active otherwise it won't work which means over 24K S$ spend in your last (card) year if you hold Maybank Horizon Platinum for example.

Archieflyer Jul 7, 2013 5:59 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 21048899)
Unless you need miles for THAI Royal Orchid Plus & Delta SkyMiles from Citi PM, you should replace DBS Altitude VISA and Citi PM by:
ANZ Travel Visa

I will keep the DBS Altitude Visa though, since that is the only card that can be used to pay for SP Services, and IRAS Taxes. If you drive, it can also be used for road tax.

Originally Posted by demue (Post 21053717)
BTW, Maybank extended the 10x Rewards Infinite merchants by another "generous" 3 month till 30 Sep 2013. Wow, well at least 3 months more of ezlink top-ups at a nice earnings rate. Yes you need to have RI active otherwise it won't work which means over 24K S$ spend in your last (card) year if you hold Maybank Horizon Platinum for example.

Nothing new here. That's how Maybank has been operating the RI program for the longest time now; all merchants are renewed on a quarterly basis.

If you have the Maybank World Mastercard, RI membership is complimentary.

MilesBuzz Jul 7, 2013 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 21054224)
I will keep the DBS Altitude Visa though, since that is the only card that can be used to pay for SP Services, and IRAS Taxes. If you drive, it can also be used for road tax.

Will those charges be eligible for miles (esp for IRAS Taxes)? In HKG, only selected cards enjoy points/miles for tax payment.

kitsura Jul 7, 2013 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 21053717)

Due to removal of the member fee for RI and instead membership renewal based on minimum spend I have lost RI membership so I guess I will abandon that card and use UOB's one instead for overseas spend since I also already have a UOB bank account.

lokijuh Jul 7, 2013 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 21048899)
ANZ Travel Visa

That's if they will let you have a card. I well and truly meet/exceed criteria (expat - now PR - living and working in Singapore for last 4 years). But application denied. Who knows why.