FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

tboons Jul 11, 2013 5:55 am

How do you get 4x miles for ez link? Can someone enlighten me?

lcpteck Jul 11, 2013 8:29 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 21077763)
How do you get 4x miles for ez link? Can someone enlighten me?

Top up your EZ-Link card using Top & Tap method with DBS Woman's or UOB Preferred Platinum Visa. Remember to disable popup blockers on your browser.

Loalq Jul 11, 2013 8:50 am

Avios is available for Citi PM, even though as I am now living in Singapore having all the miles credited to SQ is the best option for me now...

I will give PRVI a try, application will be sent tomorrow. Just hope they give me a decent credit limit, otherwise wouldn't make much sense to me as I prefer not to have multiple cards...

iggie38 Jul 12, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Everyone,

Is it absolutely certain that EZ Link top ups using UOB Preferred Plat Visa earns 4miles/$?

Cuz the 10x UNI$ for online transactions T&C states that travel, government, utilities.. are exeptions.

EZ Link doesn't fall under these categories?

aster Jul 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Loalq (Post 21078536)
I will give PRVI a try, application will be sent tomorrow. Just hope they give me a decent credit limit, otherwise wouldn't make much sense to me as I prefer not to have multiple cards...

I only received 1.5x my salary, but then I am not a citizen/PR. :)

aster Jul 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by iggie38 (Post 21085143)
Hi Everyone,

Is it absolutely certain that EZ Link top ups using UOB Preferred Plat Visa earns 4miles/$?

Cuz the 10x UNI$ for online transactions T&C states that travel, government, utilities.. are exeptions.

EZ Link doesn't fall under these categories?

I've done numerous top-ups and have always received the 10x UNI$ for online EZ-Link reloads.

aster Jul 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 21068732)
Points have been trickling in over the past few hours and I seem to have everything up to date as of 2 hours ago. Was quite nice to keep seeing the balance change every time I logged in every hour or so.

On HWZ some members called in and the UOB agent said they had a system glitch that caused some points to not post properly. Some others said they were doing system upgrades.

I just checked my balance and have more miles than I anticipated (aka "calculated"). Have they just added the UOB anniversary bonus miles that many of us signed up for via SMS or is this something else (like points posting ahead of them appearing in the online statement)?

waver99 Jul 13, 2013 1:10 am

Anyone gotten the login details for the anz surewin promo?

aster Jul 14, 2013 8:22 am

Just thought I'd run this by you guys again: http://www.nets.com.sg/offers-a-prom...s-flashpaycard

Although it is not a miles-generating card, the McD's Nets Flashpay card is still worth adding to your portfolio (along with the online-loaded, hence mileage-generating, EZ-Link card) as it can be used at places where neither EZ nor CCs are accepted. And throughout the year you get a very decent 5% rebate on your monthly spend (as long as you charge at least $30 to the card each month).

Singapore Pools take Flashpay as the only option (in addition to regular NETS), same with Daiso. Polar Puffs have Paywave but are unfortunately part of the SMART$ scheme so a measely 2% rebate is awarded instead of UNI$. With this Flashpay card you naturally get 5%.

Also, Cheers apparently now has a promo running where you get $1 off when using Flashpay (min. $5 spend). Interesting indeed...

hclee01 Jul 14, 2013 8:29 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 21094263)
Just thought I'd run this by you guys again: http://www.nets.com.sg/offers-a-prom...s-flashpaycard

Although it is not a miles-generating card, the McD's Nets Flashpay card is still worth adding to your portfolio (along with the online-loaded, hence mileage-generating, EZ-Link card) as it can be used at places where neither EZ nor CCs are accepted. And throughout the year you get a very decent 5% rebate on your monthly spend (as long as you charge at least $30 to the card each month).

Singapore Pools take Flashpay as the only option (in addition to regular NETS), same with Daiso. Polar Puffs have Paywave but are unfortunately part of the SMART$ scheme so a measely 2% rebate is awarded instead of UNI$. With this Flashpay card you naturally get 5%.

Also, Cheers apparently now has a promo running where you get $1 off when using Flashpay (min. $5 spend). Interesting indeed...

How can we top-up FlashPay card online? So far, I thought online is available for Ezlink card?

aster Jul 14, 2013 11:22 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 21094287)
How can we top-up FlashPay card online? So far, I thought online is available for Ezlink card?

No way to top up online to rake in extra miles. It's just the 5% rebate that's the bonus here. But as mentioned Flashpay comes in handy at places where CCs aren't accepted, generates $1 off for a min. $5 payment at Cheers, and delivers a bigger rebate than some places that UOB has signed up to its SMART$ scheme. So overall it's worthy of a place in one's wallet I would say, and in some cases should be whipped out ahead of the UOB PPV or EZ-link.

vsepr Jul 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by waver99 (Post 21088801)
Anyone gotten the login details for the anz surewin promo?

Just received 2 SMSes today 15/7 at 9am. 1 for my main card, the other for my supplementary card.

I got 5 spins total and all of them are bonus 70 Travel$, equal to 10% bonus miles or 1.54mile/S$1 spent.

lcpteck Jul 15, 2013 2:14 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 21094263)

Thanks for the info Aster, will get the card to pay for my Singapore Pools purchase. I read the 5% rebate is capped at $10 per month, so that means a maximum of $200 should be used on the card. I'm guessing there's no minimum spend per transaction right?

aster Jul 15, 2013 6:49 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21098099)
Thanks for the info Aster, will get the card to pay for my Singapore Pools purchase. I read the 5% rebate is capped at $10 per month, so that means a maximum of $200 should be used on the card. I'm guessing there's no minimum spend per transaction right?

I usually spend about $100 per month using FlashPay, basically only at places that don't take CCs and won't take EZ-link either. So Sing Pools, Daiso, food courts, etc. To sum things up: places where I would generally have to use cash instead. :)

No min. spend per transaction, all they appear to require is a min. of $30 spent in total each month.

I also checked out the $1 off promo at Cheers today (when spending at least $5) and it works. You cannot buy mobile phone top-ups though as part of this promo. But at least a small bottle of red wine to complement a "heavier" than expected lunch came out a Dollar less (always worth reminding and double-checking with the cashier about the promo, and some stores like the one in CQ seem to be oblivious to this promo).

lcpteck Jul 15, 2013 9:36 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 21098851)
I usually spend about $100 per month using FlashPay, basically only at places that don't take CCs and won't take EZ-link either. So Sing Pools, Daiso, food courts, etc. To sum things up: places where I would generally have to use cash instead. :)

No min. spend per transaction, all they appear to require is a min. of $30 spent in total each month.

I also checked out the $1 off promo at Cheers today (when spending at least $5) and it works. You cannot buy mobile phone top-ups though as part of this promo. But at least a small bottle of red wine to complement a "heavier" than expected lunch came out a Dollar less (always worth reminding and double-checking with the cashier about the promo, and some stores like the one in CQ seem to be oblivious to this promo).

Got my card today, go go go.. :D