FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

chrispstan Jul 15, 2013 7:52 pm

My apologies if this was previously addressed. Has anyone had any luck using Paywave with the UOB PPV card at a petrol kiosk to earn 10x UNI$? I tried doing so at SPC but was told that the terminal for UOB cards was not connected to the Paywave terminal. I could use Visa or MC (Paypass) by other banks but not UOB. How strange.

jagmeets Jul 15, 2013 9:50 pm

DBS Points - FFP membership

Hey guys - have a DBS card again, after a bit of a gap- for some online stuff/Taxes.

Quick check - Is it all fine to earn the DBS Reward Points now, and enrol in their Rewards FFP later, when I plan to convert them to miles?

Read the T&Cs, and dont see anything, but just wanted to be sure that non-participation in the FFP now, does not preclude the conversion of points earned now to miles (at a later stage, after enrollment).

Marsy Jul 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 21103732)
Hey guys - have a DBS card again, after a bit of a gap- for some online stuff/Taxes.

Quick check - Is it all fine to earn the DBS Reward Points now, and enrol in their Rewards FFP later, when I plan to convert them to miles?

Read the T&Cs, and dont see anything, but just wanted to be sure that non-participation in the FFP now, does not preclude the conversion of points earned now to miles (at a later stage, after enrollment).

Yes you can earn now and convert to miles after you enroll FFP later. However do note that points for certain card has an expiry date.

Marsy Jul 15, 2013 10:41 pm

I have a question regarding Ez-reload http://www.ezlink.com.sg/top-up/ez-reload.php

If I use my maybank card with RI to sign up for the Ez-reload, how will my maybank statement look like? Every ezlink transaction will be listed separately in the statement? Will I get 10x points through this or 10x is only for top and tap? Does Ez-reload requires convenience fee?

Thanks

jagmeets Jul 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Marsy (Post 21103854)
Yes you can earn now and convert to miles after you enroll FFP later. However do note that points for certain card has an expiry date.

Thanks! Its an Altitude Visa - so should be fine on expiry.

chrisksc Jul 16, 2013 8:38 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 21096939)
Just received 2 SMSes today 15/7 at 9am. 1 for my main card, the other for my supplementary card.

I got 5 spins total and all of them are bonus 70 Travel$, equal to 10% bonus miles or 1.54mile/S$1 spent.

Originally Posted by waver99 (Post 21088801)
Anyone gotten the login details for the anz surewin promo?

The promo is a joke :td: Got 20 spins and all got T$70 :mad:

cmdsea Jul 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Received an invite in the mail this morning for a Citi Prestige card. Earns 2 miles for every S$1 spent overseas and 1.4 miles for every S$1 spent locally. Sign up bonus of 25,000 miles (or a Leica camera) but costs $535. Also comes with 4 x Priority Pass lounge visits a year..

Could be useful for anyone needing a chunk of miles quickly (at 2 cents/mile+ GST) but i wont be going for it..

MilesBuzz Jul 17, 2013 3:07 am

Posting these again from the CX thread:

Percy, in SIN besides the 2 that you mention (all info from the thread on the SQ board):
1) DBS Altitude Visa (overall decent, miles for Tax payments)
2) UOB Preferred Plat Amex (dining/drinking- 4miles/S$)
3) UOB Preferred Plat Visa (Paywave, ez-Link topups with a S$0.9 surcharge, online transactions except travel etc related - 4miles/S$)
4) DBS Woman's World Card (4miles/S$ spent online - for first 2k spend each month)
5) Stanchart lets you buy Krisflyer miles (not Asiamiles) @ S$0.02/mile (you can buy upto 70% of the miles being transferred if you have 50% of the required points in your account, Visa Infinite card awards just 1mile/S$, but you get a few miles on your mortgage/cash/investments balance, IF you spend S$500 in a month- thing is, the spend for 'purchasing' the miles counts

My questions:
1) Is it really true that the DBS Altitude Visa can be used to pay for tax? What is the earn rate?

3) What is the maximum top-up amount allowed for Ezlink using the UOB Preferred Plat Visa? So, it seems that this card will be the preferred card for grocery shopping? I tried to use AE in NTUC Fairprice near my apartment but they don't seem to accept AE.

4) Can a male apply for the DBS Women's World Card? :) Would online Ezlink top-up be considered an online transaction too?

5) It's the same as what they have in HKG. I just bought close to 50k miles and transferred 99k miles to my KF account last week (the max amount allowed per transfer for SCB HKG).

aster Jul 17, 2013 3:47 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21110932)
My questions:
1) Is it really true that the DBS Altitude Visa can be used to pay for tax? What is the earn rate?

3) What is the maximum top-up amount allowed for Ezlink using the UOB Preferred Plat Visa? So, it seems that this card will be the preferred card for grocery shopping? I tried to use AE in NTUC Fairprice near my apartment but they don't seem to accept AE.

4) Can a male apply for the DBS Women's World Card? :) Would online Ezlink top-up be considered an online transaction too?

5) It's the same as what they have in HKG. I just bought close to 50k miles and transferred 99k miles to my KF account last week (the max amount allowed per transfer for SCB HKG).

1. Yup, I did so for the first time this year. Normal earning rates.

3. $100 each time (plus 90 cents fee). You can keep topping up but max. stored value is $500. This is DEFINITELY the preferred card for grocery shopping and it has you covered for both Fairprice and Cold Storage. For Giant use EZ-Link or... buy Cold Storage vouchers beforehand. :) Should they pull the 4 miles/$ ratio on Paywave in the future then we will have a problem as to what to do at Fairprice (they don't accept EZ-Link).

4. Of course. :) But don't put it in your wallet, keep it at home. Not because it's embarrassing but because it's only good online anyway. Online EZ-Link top-up is still being reported as a valid online purchase.

jagmeets Jul 17, 2013 7:36 pm

there was a bit more to #5. I had X points and bought the max Y points it allowed and transferred (X+Y) points. The transfer took a couple of days online, and in the interim, it showed a balance of Y points - and let me purchase another (247.5K-Y) points.

247.5K being the max no of points that can be transferred (for 99K miles). Obviously my second transfer (after the (X+Y) was ordered), failed as my account just had (247.5K-Y) points left.
But the net effect was that the system let me purchase more than the 70% of total redemption that it is supposed to allow. (i just tranferred those out a few days later, purchasing the 247.5K-(247.5K-Y) :D

(not the cheapest, but i needed the krisflyer miles at that point).

feizhu Jul 22, 2013 3:05 am

Originally Posted by chrisksc (Post 21105868)
The promo is a joke :td: Got 20 spins and all got T$70 :mad:

I had 18 spins and received a couple of $50 and $10 vouchers. Had about 10 T$70 though. I see it as a bonus :)

jagmeets Jul 25, 2013 7:33 pm

UOB's system is a PITA!

Nothing really new to add - but a rant: got my latest statement yesterday. It has:
"UNI$ XXXXX Earned
You've been awarded an additional YYYYUNI$ for spending at participating 10X F&B merchants with your Preferred Plat Amex Card."

Problem! YYYY does not tally with the what the bonus UNI$ on my account should have been.
Called them up and went line by line through the statement - the UNI$ that their system shows as earned - are all OK. But somehow, this doesnt match with the YYYY on the statement!

The CSO gave some blurb about the bonus UNI$ taking a few extra days to post, and that they have 2 systems, one that collated the data for the statement and another that tracks the rewards.
Now if that's true, it'll be next to impossible to track the mileage earn (short of calling and checking the UNI$ rewarded on each and every transaction).

PS: the 10K UNI$ for spending >50K on the PRVI miles seem to have posted to my account. And, the fees waiver seems to have been done automatically.

carrotjuice Jul 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 21159260)
PS: the 10K UNI$ for spending >50K on the PRVI miles seem to have posted to my account. And, the fees waiver seems to have been done automatically.

Note the 10K posts only on the yearly anniversary date. Effectively, even if you meet the $50K spending requirement after say 3 months, you'd have to wait until after 12 months to get it. Citi Prem Miles (back when it had such bonus miles based on minimum spend) posts instantly when the threshold is hit.

jagmeets Jul 26, 2013 8:34 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

Yup- thanks for clarifying (my post was unclear!).

It was my card anniversary.

aster Jul 28, 2013 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 21159260)
Called them up and went line by line through the statement - the UNI$ that their system shows as earned - are all OK. But somehow, this doesnt match with the YYYY on the statement!

I had the same experience - waste of time IMO. You can go line through line and everything matches up... even though when you look at the bottom line it doesn't. Not worth sweating upon, I think the 25% promo will still cover everything and save us the stress of tracking every single transaction...