FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Sep 2, 2014 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 23462486)
Wasn't it DBS or UOB that recently lowered the min. block back to a previous level?

Yeah DBS.

chrisksc Sep 2, 2014 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 23450703)
I sign up there but the only payment method available for Jetstar is eNETS....
any idea ?
:confused:

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23452394)
I just logged in and checked. You're right! It seems they have removed the credit card option.... Looks like another one bites the dust....

Well, bill payment for StarHub is still there.

Although, lately I have not seen or made any transaction at vPost site, AFAIK, eNets provide an option for either Debit or Credit card.

Best way might be to do a dummy and proceed to the next step and see what options actually come up.

Cheers!

lcpteck Sep 3, 2014 12:16 am

Originally Posted by chrisksc (Post 23464807)
Although, lately I have not seen or made any transaction at vPost site, AFAIK, eNets provide an option for either Debit or Credit card.

Best way might be to do a dummy and proceed to the next step and see what options actually come up.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, the vbox payment page for Jetstar Asia shows eNETS Debit. Nevertheless, someone do try it out to confirm.

Volasia Sep 3, 2014 10:09 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

Can someone clarify the current UOB calculation for PRVI? Is the always rounded down? I.e. 18 SGD => 15 * 1.6 = 24 miles?

vsepr Sep 4, 2014 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 23471162)
Can someone clarify the current UOB calculation for PRVI? Is the always rounded down? I.e. 18 SGD => 15 * 1.6 = 24 miles?

Yes. Always round down. Either you buy S$5 or S$10 vouchers if you go supermarkets before you check out, ask the cashier to split the charge into 2 credit cards, prepare some small items to top up to multiples of S$5 or lose out on the rounding off part.

Very troublesome, but worth it because of 10x UNI$, the lowest rate it can go is 5x UNI$ if you charge S$9.99 for 20 miles.

hclee01 Sep 4, 2014 10:04 am

Latest Promotion on DBS Altitude Card

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards...khere-altitude

http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/pers...mon/3miles.jpg

From 1 September to 31 December 2014, get 3 miles per S$1 overseas spend when you charge at least S$2,000 a month to your DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card!

Terms and Conditions:
DBS Altitude Visa Signature cardmembers who charge a minimum of S$2,000 qualifying spend in each qualifying calendar month from 1 September to 31 December 2014, will be eligible to receive an additional 1 mile for every S$1 spend in foreign currency (in form of 0.5 DBS Points) up to a maximum total spend of S$3,000 in foreign currency during each qualifying calendar month. The additional miles earned by Cardmembers under this Promotion will be accumulated and awarded to the main Cardmember’s Card account (In form of DBS points) within 60 days after each calendar month.

Volasia Sep 4, 2014 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 23472952)
Yes. Always round down. Either you buy S$5 or S$10 vouchers if you go supermarkets before you check out, ask the cashier to split the charge into 2 credit cards, prepare some small items to top up to multiples of S$5 or lose out on the rounding off part.

Very troublesome, but worth it because of 10x UNI$, the lowest rate it can go is 5x UNI$ if you charge S$9.99 for 20 miles.

OK, but some people mentioned the 7.5 rule whereby USD 7.51 would get rounded up to 10. That was just a short glitch in the system?

vsepr Sep 5, 2014 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 23477023)
OK, but some people mentioned the 7.5 rule whereby USD 7.51 would get rounded up to 10. That was just a short glitch in the system?

No more such things. I charge S$7.90, got 10 UNI$ on PPV.

Aeran Sep 5, 2014 7:01 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 23454477)
I've been having occasional problems trying to top up my M1 and Imagine prepaid cards recently using DBS Womans card. Saw that some others had experienced the same sometime ago.

But, in my case, I neither clicked the "x" or "OK" button after the top-up confirmation page showed as Successful. This page automatically disappeared after 20 seconds or so (while I was trying to PDF it) and after it disappeared, the M1 or Imagine page showed as Unsuccessful.

Do I need to call DBS to get anything rectified? Does it mean that my DBS Womans card is now temporarily blocked for the "authorized but failed to reflect" top-up amount, and this blocked amount will only be released a few days later? Or worse, has my DBS Womans card been charged for the amount and I now need to go through the hassle to dispute / reverse this transaction?

Appreciate advice from anyone who had experienced the same issue.

You shouldn't need to do anything. I believe the transaction will be cancelled on the DBS side so no action is needed on your end. You can check your DBS statement online in a few days just to make sure it didn't charge - but for me it never even showed up on the DBS end.

The confirmation screen automatically redirects back to the account page (with a topup successful message) about 20-30 seconds. It should be the same as pressing 'OK' manually but maybe your browser settings are preventing it from working correctly? Try another browser or pressing the 'OK' button quicker to see if that fixes it.

carrotjuice Sep 6, 2014 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Aeran (Post 23478556)
You shouldn't need to do anything. I believe the transaction will be cancelled on the DBS side so no action is needed on your end. You can check your DBS statement online in a few days just to make sure it didn't charge - but for me it never even showed up on the DBS end.

The confirmation screen automatically redirects back to the account page (with a topup successful message) about 20-30 seconds. It should be the same as pressing 'OK' manually but maybe your browser settings are preventing it from working correctly? Try another browser or pressing the 'OK' button quicker to see if that fixes it.

Just to share my recent experience. The same happened twice in succession.

The top up amount was charged to my DBS card and reflected in my online statement one day after the transaction. However, it appeared to have been automatically reversed two days after that.

Unfortunately the screen refreshes too quickly and usually while I'm trying to print to PDF.

Marsy Sep 6, 2014 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 23473671)
http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards...khere-altitude

http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/pers...mon/3miles.jpg

From 1 September to 31 December 2014, get 3 miles per S$1 overseas spend when you charge at least S$2,000 a month to your DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card!

Terms and Conditions:
DBS Altitude Visa Signature cardmembers who charge a minimum of S$2,000 qualifying spend in each qualifying calendar month from 1 September to 31 December 2014, will be eligible to receive an additional 1 mile for every S$1 spend in foreign currency (in form of 0.5 DBS Points) up to a maximum total spend of S$3,000 in foreign currency during each qualifying calendar month. The additional miles earned by Cardmembers under this Promotion will be accumulated and awarded to the main Cardmember’s Card account (In form of DBS points) within 60 days after each calendar month.

Nice one. At least this is better than UOB Priv Amex.

MilesBuzz Sep 7, 2014 2:39 am

The DBS Altitude offer is very timely for our trips to HKG in Oct and maybe Sydney in Nov :)

SingaporeDon Sep 7, 2014 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Marsy (Post 23486816)

Also, remember AMEX charges 3.25% foreign currency fee, but with Visa you only pay 2.5%

lcpteck Sep 7, 2014 12:02 pm

Keep in mind Visa/MC is prone to DCC so do keep a lookout for that.

SQueeze Sep 7, 2014 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Marsy (Post 23486816)

Looks like i will still stick with UOB visa signature with 4 miles/SGD with lower minimum amount.

Will use this DBS promo only if there is an overseas spend that somehow falls exactly in the SGD 2000-SGD 3000 bracket.