FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Jun 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Welcome to the Top&Tap club yosithezet! :D

adamantine Jul 1, 2013 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 21015020)
Actually, it's amazing how many people in Singapore are clueless to the benefit of using their EZ-Link card. For the miles collectors, auto top-up with a Maybank card with Rewards Infinite program, or online top-up with UOB Preferred Platinum Visa, all spending on the EZ-Link card is effectively 4 miles/$; even your ERP, parking, bottle of coke at 7-11. & because the miles are awarded on top-up, there is no 'wastage' due to rounding. :)

For the UOB preferred plat visa top and tap, do we need to buy a card reader? Or can it be done at AXS machine and get 4 miles per $ as well?

lsed Jul 1, 2013 3:12 pm

Top and Tap online > complete it at an AXS machine or OCBC ATM Machine (takes 30 secs, dont have to be an OCBC customer)

Problem is mine didn't get the 4 MP$ it seems.

adamantine Jul 1, 2013 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 21023188)
Top and Tap online > complete it at an AXS machine or OCBC ATM Machine (takes 30 secs, dont have to be an OCBC customer)

Problem is mine didn't get the 4 MP$ it seems.

u used uob preferred plat visa?

jagmeets Jul 2, 2013 12:24 am

carrotjuice, interesting that you had success getting10x for restaurants that are part of a hotel- will check that out! (Interesting because UOB's terms state that such outlets are excluded!)

lsed Jul 2, 2013 2:15 am

Originally Posted by adamantine (Post 21024488)
u used uob preferred plat visa?

Yes I did, although I have personal friends who report getting the 10X on the same PPV card.

Then I tried calling in and the agent was completely clueless - though I don't blame him - they have have tonnes of things to know about regarding bank policies. However I was promised a call back from the technical department and that never materialized.

lsed Jul 2, 2013 2:18 am

Anyone keeping track of their UOB UNI$ Spending?

I seem to be missing an update of points for spending over the weekend. They normally show up on Tuesday at 6am but it did not today. Wondering if anyone else also noticed this or if it has anything to do with the start of the month.

lcpteck Jul 2, 2013 8:19 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 21025818)
Anyone keeping track of their UOB UNI$ Spending?

I seem to be missing an update of points for spending over the weekend. They normally show up on Tuesday at 6am but it did not today. Wondering if anyone else also noticed this or if it has anything to do with the start of the month.

Yep, it seems to be happening to other people as well including me. I say let's give them some time to sort it out.

MilesBuzz Jul 2, 2013 9:21 am

Okay...I have now moved to Singapore and will be applying for the CC soon. Just one quick question: how fast can the cards be processed? Within a week? Do I need to have my first pay-slip first?

lsed Jul 2, 2013 9:38 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21026967)
Yep, it seems to be happening to other people as well including me. I say let's give them some time to sort it out.

Damn it I have logged into my balance at least 30 times over the past few days to see it stagnant.

I'm pending a Suites reservation for the past 4 days and although I have enough now, if I transfer with my current balance I'll need another 5K more for another flight later in Sept. A bit pointless to pay another $25 for that.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should be checking HWZ as well

yosithezet Jul 2, 2013 11:05 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21027331)
Okay...I have now moved to Singapore and will be applying for the CC soon. Just one quick question: how fast can the cards be processed? Within a week? Do I need to have my first pay-slip first?

Your contract will suffice.

lcpteck Jul 3, 2013 1:39 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20943748)
Signed up for the Esso Rewards membership and turned in my auto conversion form as well.

Hope to see the 1K KF points in August/September. :)

Esso just called me and feedback I have no points in my rewards card so auto conversion will not go through. Looks like it will only be eligible for people with at least 100 points or so as what the customer service officer mentioned. There goes the 1k KF miles. I can sign up the auto conversion if I have the 100 or so points. I don't drive so oh well...

percysmith Jul 3, 2013 8:31 am

Sorry this doesn't exactly belong here, but it's an interesting case of how local banks in Asia can behave when miles promos go horribly wrong:

Next Magazine 2013年7月4日 - 上商玩謝碌卡主

lsed Jul 3, 2013 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 21033588)
Sorry this doesn't exactly belong here, but it's an interesting case of how local banks in Asia can behave when miles promos go horribly wrong:

Next Magazine 2013年7月4日 - 上商玩謝碌卡主

Perhaps this is what is happening with UOB at the moment? Nothing is being posted to UNI$ accounts for the past few days.

lsed Jul 3, 2013 1:40 pm

Regarding DBS Women's Card

How does the 10X bonus post? Does it post separately?
I did some purchases online, chose to pay via paypal. Statement showing only a measly increase in DBS$

Edit: I have this feeling that UOB is going to introduce a cap for PPV 10X