FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

Daniel on the way Jul 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 21159260)
Nothing really new to add - but a rant: got my latest statement yesterday. It has:
"UNI$ XXXXX Earned
You've been awarded an additional YYYYUNI$ for spending at participating 10X F&B merchants with your Preferred Plat Amex Card."

Problem! YYYY does not tally with the what the bonus UNI$ on my account should have been.
Called them up and went line by line through the statement - the UNI$ that their system shows as earned - are all OK. But somehow, this doesnt match with the YYYY on the statement!

The CSO gave some blurb about the bonus UNI$ taking a few extra days to post, and that they have 2 systems, one that collated the data for the statement and another that tracks the rewards.
Now if that's true, it'll be next to impossible to track the mileage earn (short of calling and checking the UNI$ rewarded on each and every transaction).

PS: the 10K UNI$ for spending >50K on the PRVI miles seem to have posted to my account. And, the fees waiver seems to have been done automatically.

10k is just for the first year or every year?

jagmeets Jul 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Should be each year -the website says:
"Bonus 20,000 miles every year if you spend more than S$50,000 per annum"

MilesBuzz Jul 29, 2013 1:22 am

Just some quick questions:

1. Do I need to have a device to top-up my Ezlink card online (using CC)?

2. I used my DBS Altitude Visa to pay for SP Services & Star Hub bills this morning. I assume these transactions are earning points and DBS is the only bank that offers online bill payments that accrue points?

3. What about if I use the card to pay for other CC bills? Will those transactions be earning points as well?

Thanks for the replies.

yosithezet Jul 29, 2013 3:46 am

Tried several browsers and windows and Mac OS X but can't seem to get the EZLInk Java app to display again.

lcpteck Jul 30, 2013 7:35 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 21175003)
Tried several browsers and windows and Mac OS X but can't seem to get the EZLInk Java app to display again.

Try a different computer if possible, could be a java problem on your machine.

On another note, I also can't display the java app from my office internet but is ok on an alternate internet connection (bypassing the company firewall), seems like the firewall blocked certain ports which the java app needs.

lcpteck Jul 30, 2013 7:43 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21174705)
Just some quick questions:

1. Do I need to have a device to top-up my Ezlink card online (using CC)?

2. I used my DBS Altitude Visa to pay for SP Services & Star Hub bills this morning. I assume these transactions are earning points and DBS is the only bank that offers online bill payments that accrue points?

3. What about if I use the card to pay for other CC bills? Will those transactions be earning points as well?

Thanks for the replies.

1. You first need a browser which can display java and make sure your popup blockers are disabled. You will do the "online" transaction of using your CC to determine how much value you want to add to your EZ-Link card. Then go to an AXS machine or OCBC ATM or Cash Deposit Machine to add value into the EZ-Link card.

2. I believe DBS Altitude card earns points on all transaction types (similar to Citibank PremierMiles).

3. No, you don't earn points when paying other CC bills.

MilesBuzz Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Thanks for the replies :)

What about the UOB PRVI (or Preferred Platinum Visa) card? Are bill payments earning points for those cards too?

Since I am also using Mac OS, there could be a problem as mentioned by the previous poster regarding topping up EzLink card online.

lcpteck Jul 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21186134)
Thanks for the replies :)

What about the UOB PRVI (or Preferred Platinum Visa) card? Are bill payments earning points for those cards too?

Since I am also using Mac OS, there could be a problem as mentioned by the previous poster regarding topping up EzLink card online.

Preferred Platinum Visa should be a no as per T&Cs. For Prvi Miles, I can't remember offhand. I believe this card is similarly categorized like Citi PM and DBS Altitude where u earn points in any transaction. But better go and read the T&Cs of each card just to be sure.

Depending on the method of how you pay your bills, you can also earn more points as well. You can check my signature for the table. Would be useful though it is still a work in progress.

MilesBuzz Jul 30, 2013 8:48 pm

For the DBS Women World Master Card, there's a max cap of S$2,000 for the 9x bonus right?

lcpteck Jul 31, 2013 12:48 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21187005)
For the DBS Women World Master Card, there's a max cap of S$2,000 for the 9x bonus right?

That's right, only the first S$2000 accumulated in a month earns the bonus 9x points. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if it's based on calendar month or statement month. Logically speaking, should be statement month but let me go email DBS to confirm.

jagmeets Jul 31, 2013 2:56 am

Calender month.

T&Cs:
3.The additional 9X DBS Points are only applicable to the first S$2,000 online retail spend every calendar month.

carrotjuice Aug 2, 2013 1:23 am

Transferring from Prem Miles to Avios is a recently added option. Usually my transfer to Krisflyer takes place quickly = overnight. Has anyone transferred to Avios before... if so any experience of how long it takes?

lcpteck Aug 2, 2013 4:50 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 21188263)
Calender month.

T&Cs:
3.The additional 9X DBS Points are only applicable to the first S$2,000 online retail spend every calendar month.

Thanks!

SingaporeDon Aug 2, 2013 6:25 am

Originally Posted by chrispstan (Post 21103206)
My apologies if this was previously addressed. Has anyone had any luck using Paywave with the UOB PPV card at a petrol kiosk to earn 10x UNI$? I tried doing so at SPC but was told that the terminal for UOB cards was not connected to the Paywave terminal. I could use Visa or MC (Paypass) by other banks but not UOB. How strange.

Yes works

MilesBuzz Aug 2, 2013 9:13 am

Was checking my DBS Altitude reward pts this morning and it seems that the points for SP Services (S$515, paid on 30 July 2013) have yet to be reflected in my account. The points balance is still only 153 when in fact, the transaction for SP Services alone will have accrued me double that balance. Hmm....