FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

hclee01 Jun 17, 2013 9:39 am

For those drivers out there in Singapore, sign up for the auto conversion of Smiles Points to KrisFlyer miles and get free 1,000 KrisFlyer Points!

http://essosmiles.com.sg/en/promotion.aspx

http://essosmiles.com.sg/en/Images/krisflyer_edm.jpg

Terms and Conditions

- This promotion ("Promotion") commences on 10 June 2013 and ends on 31 July 2013 (both dates inclusive) ("Promotion Period").

-To be eligible for the 1,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles ("Bonus KrisFlyer Miles"):
* Smiles member must sign up for Smiles Points to KrisFlyer miles auto-conversion service during the Promotion Period, using the Smiles Redemption Form.
* Only duly completed Smiles Redemption Forms with all information in mandatory fields duly filled out (including a valid KrisFlyer membership number) received during the Promotion Period will be processed.
* Smiles members who have already registered for the Smiles Points to LinkPoints, or Asia Miles auto-conversion services are not eligible for this Promotion.
* Once registered, the Smiles Points to KrisFlyer miles auto-conversion service must be maintained for a minimum period of 6 months. If you wish to cancel the auto-conversion service after expiry of the initial six-month period, please call our Smiles Customer Service Hotline at 1800-300-8888 and allow 1 month for completion of the cancellation procedure.
* Smiles members may only link their Smiles account to their own KrisFlyer account for Smiles Points conversion.
* The Bonus KrisFlyer Miles will be credited to the Smiles member's KrisFlyer account approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period, upon successful registration of the Smiles to KrisFlyer auto-conversion service. The registration for Smiles to KrisFlyer auto-conversion service takes approximately 4 weeks.
* Each KrisFlyer member is only eligible for a one-time 1,000 Bonus KrisFlyer miles award.

Archieflyer Jun 17, 2013 9:44 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 20937526)
For those drivers out there in Singapore, sign up for the auto conversion of Smiles Points to KrisFlyer miles and get free 1,000 KrisFlyer Points!

http://essosmiles.com.sg/en/promotion.aspx

Even if you don't drive or pump at Esso, just pick up the form, sign up for Smiles, then sign up for the conversion. 5 minutes of effort for 1000 miles. :)

hclee01 Jun 17, 2013 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20937552)
Even if you don't drive or pump at Esso, just pick up the form, sign up for Smiles, then sign up for the conversion. 5 minutes of effort for 1000 miles. :)

Nice! Is the form that easy to pick up or you have to ask for it? Sign up on the spot or just mail it in?

Archieflyer Jun 17, 2013 9:53 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 20937573)
Nice! Is the form that easy to pick up or you have to ask for it? Sign up on the spot or just mail it in?

You can sign up for Smiles at any Esso petrol station. They will be able to give you a card on the spot with the number. You will have to ask the cashier for the form as it is kept behind the counter.

You will also need to print out the form for conversion to KF miles (it's in the link you posted). Bring that along and fill it in the Smiles membership from your card and hand the form over to the staff.

Easy. ;)

enelym1978 Jun 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by enelym1978 (Post 20862444)
I received my Ascend and my KF Gold got cancelled automatically. My online account showed the Ascend in lieu of the Gold.

I did not get the 5000 miles though. And they called me the other day to "encourage" me to use the card and repeated that I would not get the welcome 5000 miles, however I do get double miles during the first 3 months...

So yeah, lucky few I guess?

I'm taking back what I said... on June 11th, the welcome 5000 miles posted into my KF account.

FYI: I had the KF Gold and by signing up with the Ascend, it automatically cancelled the KF Gold.
Strange thing is AmEx called me a week after my card was approved to remind me of the double miles offer during the first 3 months and that the Millenium Hotel free night voucher cannot be used in Singapore... They then added that I was indeed not eligible for the 5000 bonus miles, since I was already holding a SQ affiliated card...

^

enelym1978 Jun 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Alex Kwa (Post 20932598)
Hello, what about this link regarding the Gold Card?

As well as the first line of this with regards to Citimiles

Corrected the rest. Tqvm.

The link for the KF Gold might still be alive but there are no links from the American Express home page that leads to it anymore.
It does replace the Gold, they automatically canceled my KF Gold when I signed up for the Ascend. They did not ask me for anything.

feizhu Jun 18, 2013 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20937552)

You can actually sign up for another smiles card even if you have an existing one ;)

aster Jun 18, 2013 2:30 am

I know where to check my UNI$ balance, but where can I check how many SMART$ I have? :)

lcpteck Jun 18, 2013 8:47 am

Signed up for the Esso Rewards membership and turned in my auto conversion form as well.

Hope to see the 1K KF points in August/September. :)

hclee01 Jun 18, 2013 10:25 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20942300)
I know where to check my UNI$ balance, but where can I check how many SMART$ I have? :)

You can only check your SMART$ at participating SMART$ merchants. Alternatively, you have to call the Call Centre to enquire. Do note that SMART$ will expire 6 months from date of crediting.

lsed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm

So I have a question regarding UOB cards.

Say I have 1000 EUR to charge right now to my credit card

If I chose between PPV and PRVI Miles card. Which will be more expensive on my statement? 1000 EUR on the Amex PRVI or the PPVisa

Thing is I read that Amex vs Visa processes differently for exchange rates. One takes the rate on the posting date vs another on the date it is charged (somewhere along that line)

Or do we know for sure that Amex fees are definitely higher.

edit: did a rough test base on my statement transactions for USD and it's about 0.8% cheaper for the PPV

Archieflyer Jun 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 20954364)
So I have a question regarding UOB cards.

Say I have 1000 EUR to charge right now to my credit card

If I chose between PPV and PRVI Miles card. Which will be more expensive on my statement? 1000 EUR on the Amex PRVI or the PPVisa

Thing is I read that Amex vs Visa processes differently for exchange rates. One takes the rate on the posting date vs another on the date it is charged (somewhere along that line)

Or do we know for sure that Amex fees are definitely higher.

edit: did a rough test base on my statement transactions for USD and it's about 0.8% cheaper for the PPV

That is probably due to the fact that UOB's Visa and MC have a 2.5% charge for foreign transactions and their co-branded Amex has a 3.25% charge.

lsed Jun 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20955931)
That is probably due to the fact that UOB's Visa and MC have a 2.5% charge for foreign transactions and their co-branded Amex has a 3.25% charge.

That more or less tallies then. thanks!

demue Jun 21, 2013 9:47 am

So it's tax season and I got about a month to pay the iras. Of course I forgot to get a to get a credit card that I could use to pay it. Any recommendations for one that will approve and arrive within 2 weeks max and offers a good earnings ratio? I have neither DBS Altitude Visa nor ANZ Visa. Any others to consider? I do have Maybank Horizon with active RI, Citi Plat and the old KF Gold Amex. Appreciate the experts view. Even if earnings ratio for tax payment won't be stellar, it should still yield a few thousand miles. Thanks.

Marsy Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 20964590)
So it's tax season and I got about a month to pay the iras. Of course I forgot to get a to get a credit card that I could use to pay it. Any recommendations for one that will approve and arrive within 2 weeks max and offers a good earnings ratio? I have neither DBS Altitude Visa nor ANZ Visa. Any others to consider? I do have Maybank Horizon with active RI, Citi Plat and the old KF Gold Amex. Appreciate the experts view. Even if earnings ratio for tax payment won't be stellar, it should still yield a few thousand miles. Thanks.

Apply DBS Altitude Visa by internet banking. Should receive it within 2 weeks. Meanwhile signup the tax GIRO for 12-month instalment, that way even if you don't receive the card before the due date you will only be deducted 1/12 of your total tax amount.