FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

stiwi Jan 10, 2014 8:13 am

Originally Posted by chrisksc (Post 22124081)
Are you sure of this :confused:

Yes, 100%. All DFS on Changi earn 4miles/$1 for Citi Rewards card :)

lcpteck Jan 10, 2014 10:46 am

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22125325)
Yes, 100%. All DFS on Changi earn 4miles/$1 for Citi Rewards card :)

This is confirmed as well for me.

lcpteck Jan 10, 2014 10:48 am

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22120700)
He is checking this based on his & users experience on HWZ forum. Citi Rewards is a great card. It earns you 4 miles/S$1 whenever you shop for clothes, bags, shoes or department stores, same for online shopping including Amazon, but not only. Apparently it also earn 4 miles when buying perfumes / alcohol at DFS Changi or when paying Singtel bill online via mybill Singtel page (I just checked and can confirm this). The only issue is that you can only earn max 120k reward points (S$12k yearly), so 48k miles, but you can have both MC and Visa.

Thanks for the reply, currently at reservist training (Army reserve training) so only have time to check the forum once a week.

vsepr Jan 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22120700)
He is checking this based on his & users experience on HWZ forum. Citi Rewards is a great card. It earns you 4 miles/S$1 whenever you shop for clothes, bags, shoes or department stores, same for online shopping including Amazon, but not only. Apparently it also earn 4 miles when buying perfumes / alcohol at DFS Changi or when paying Singtel bill online via mybill Singtel page (I just checked and can confirm this). The only issue is that you can only earn max 120k reward points (S$12k yearly), so 48k miles, but you can have both MC and Visa.

I just made an online charge with my Citi Rewards Card for mybill Singtel at the website: https://myaccount.singtel.com/login.aspx

After I made the charge, I called up Citibank to check on the 4 digit merchant code. It is 4812 - Telecommunications Equipment including telephone sales. It does not qualify for 10x points!! Wasted S$15!!:mad: I will confirm again when the charge is posted at Citibank Online a few days later.

Can you call up Citibank to check the 4 digit merchant code for the charge you made at mybill Singtel page to see if its 4812?

stiwi Jan 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22130875)
I just made an online charge with my Citi Rewards Card for mybill Singtel at the website: https://myaccount.singtel.com/login.aspx

After I made the charge, I called up Citibank to check on the 4 digit merchant code. It is 9399 - Government Services. It does not qualify for 10x points!! Wasted S$15!!:mad: I will confirm again when the charge is posted at Citibank Online a few days later.

Can you call up Citibank to check the 4 digit merchant code for the charge you made at mybill Singtel page to see if its 9399?

LOL, relax mate. Obviously Citibank is NOT going to confirm anything like this, simply because it would be against this card T&C for earning 4miles/$1. It does however earn 4 miles which might be a bug on Citi side which is better to NOT tell them. If you paid through http://mybill.singtel.com then sit back, relax and enjoy your 60 miles once the transaction is posted.

vsepr Jan 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22134022)
LOL, relax mate. Obviously Citibank is NOT going to confirm anything like this, simply because it would be against this card T&C for earning 4miles/$1. It does however earn 4 miles which might be a bug on Citi side which is better to NOT tell them. If you paid through http://mybill.singtel.com then sit back, relax and enjoy your 60 miles once the transaction is posted.

Ok....will let you all know how many Citidollars was awarded when the charge gets posted a few days later on Citibank Online.

carrotjuice Jan 13, 2014 5:49 am

Has anyone ever topped up a FEVO issued card with another FEVO issued card? Eg. top up Imagine Amex with M1 MC, and vice versa? I have a few such cards and intend to "consolidate" my funds with one card going forward.

aster Jan 13, 2014 10:17 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22122489)
Asia miles does give additional bonus when you convert miles during promotion but krisflyer almost never give promotions for conversion. but SQ gives 15% off online redemption but very poor conversion rates on other carriers..

Looking at business from Singapore to US or Europe. Any advice or experience?

SIN to LHR is very easy to book using KrisFlyer miles. As far as the other alliance is concerned, it is very difficult to book a flight on BA on the same route.

I don't recall any bonuses on conversion, but there have been some redemption bonuses in the past. I even made use of one by redeeming two biz seats from SYD to SIN this way, saving quite a few miles in the process. Not sure when we'll see similar deals as SQ has made other changes in our favour instead, like allowing saver awards in the new C/F, allowing you to redeem Suites (R) at the same rate as F, etc.

Plus with SQ you have the best biz product in the sky bar none, so why bother with anything else? :)

jagmeets Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

I'd disagree on SQ's biz product being the best- but to each his/her own :)

Love Asiamiles for their companion awards and availability for Marco Polo elites (own metal). SQ v useful for me for some regional redemptions. For non elites, Asiamiles call centre can be a hassle to get through to, at times.

Aeran Jan 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22143899)
Has anyone ever topped up a FEVO issued card with another FEVO issued card? Eg. top up Imagine Amex with M1 MC, and vice versa? I have a few such cards and intend to "consolidate" my funds with one card going forward.

I've topped up a FEVO MasterCard using a M1 PMC a few times. Am guessing topping up an Imagine AMEX via FEVO or M1 should work too.

You won't be able to do the reverse (top up FEVO or M1 with Imagine AMEX) as those prepaid MasterCards don't accept AMEX cards as a top-up source.

tboons Jan 14, 2014 3:52 am

Another question, with the DBS altitude card. DBS points never expires. Does it apply to points accrued using other cards as it seems like all the points will be accumulate into one account?

hclee01 Jan 14, 2014 4:04 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22150736)
Another question, with the DBS altitude card. DBS points never expires. Does it apply to points accrued using other cards as it seems like all the points will be accumulate into one account?

No. The other cards (e.g. Woman's Card) will have their points expiring at the stipulated date though it is in the same bucket. When you perform a redemption of points, points will be deducted from the card with the nearest expiry date to the card points with no expiry date.

carrotjuice Jan 14, 2014 5:31 am

Road tax

Is it possible to pay LTA road tax and still continue earning miles? Is the only option to use Citibank credit card at AXS machines? I thought onemotoring accepts credit card, but it routes to eNETS... am not sure what this is?

vsepr Jan 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22151029)
Is it possible to pay LTA road tax and still continue earning miles? Is the only option to use Citibank credit card at AXS machines? I thought onemotoring accepts credit card, but it routes to eNETS... am not sure what this is?

Yes, LTA Road tax only Citibank cards at AXS Machines can earn points, DBS and Diners Club card no points. onemotoring website is eNETS debit, use internet banking deduct $ from bank account, no points.

cmdsea Jan 14, 2014 6:13 pm

The dreaded 31st Jan deadline for property and income tax draws near too. Dont suppose anyone has figured out a replacement payment method to earn points now that the DBS Altitutde payment at AXS no longer works...?