Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The stunt flyers also made at least one smiley face in the sky too. At least one of the flyers is from outside Stockholm, so I guess it makes sense that this wasn’t just being done in southern Sweden.

There is more of the same sky drawings expected to be done today in the southern part of Sweden.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Is all of ARN's traffic still pooled at T5?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Is all of ARN's traffic still pooled at T5?
Yepp, it is.

Swedaiva will update the website when they reopen the other terminals: https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/inf...at-the-airport
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Various
I had a reservation for a trip in August that would have been my first foreign trip since early March. Swedes are no longer required to quarantine so I was half expecting the flight to be happening and forcing me to decide if I really wanted to travel.

It was cancelled yesterday and I don't even feel sad.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I had a reservation for a trip in August that would have been my first foreign trip since early March. Swedes are no longer required to quarantine so I was half expecting the flight to be happening and forcing me to decide if I really wanted to travel.

It was cancelled yesterday and I don't even feel sad.
I thought SAS is gradually running normally, some people reported that domestic flights were full. Is it before school start in mid August?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by nacho
I thought SAS is gradually running normally, some people reported that domestic flights were full. Is it before school start in mid August?
It was after school start but it was over a weekend. I also thought that since they were moving back to normal the flight would happen. They also updated the aircraft type recently. In a way it helps that SK decided for me since I wasn't sure myself.

Besides, the amount for the ticket can be be used as part payment for next trip in next qualification period.
nacho likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by nacho
So flights were shocking full last week when I flew with them. There were the full domestic as they are using smaller planes but also some international flights are full. CPH-OSL was full to the last seat. As well as ARN-ALC was almost full with a couple of seats in SAS Plus empty. Thought couple of days later the same flight were more then half empty so load differ a lot.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
My first scheduled SK flights after the lockdown (in ca. 4 weeks) have just been cancelled. I was (surprisingly?) surprised that I did not receive an alternative itinerary as I would have before the pandemic. I just got a cancellation (and the ability to request refund), And then I had to buy another SK ticket for the same day on different flights. Causes me quite a lot of hassle, to track these rotating refunds (the cancelled ticket was already paid with a voucher ...).

If I assumed that SK is evil, I would have to say that they are doing this for cash flow. When they cancel and I book again, they hold cash for two tickets from me, even if I fly once. If they re-book it, the amount of cash at their disposal is half.
I have good reasons to believe that my second scheduled flight with SK after the pandemic is cancelled as well - the flight is no longer sold on the website. I am thinking that perhaps I should call them for re-booking if they repeat the trick again (but calling these days might be a hassle as well...)
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I suppose you could call in and change. Did you atleast try to call in when you got the cancellation email?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I suppose you could call in and change. Did you atleast try to call in when you got the cancellation email?
I didn't even think of it. I am so much out of habit of handling these things that I will have to do some training drills again! (but I suspect the waiting times on the call center are still not something I want to exercise - I will try next week, if I get my next cancellation. I think in the last year before the pandemic I received no cancellations from SK - always immediate alternative travel plans. So this excuses me a bit )
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SK2751
My first scheduled SK flights after the lockdown (in ca. 4 weeks) have just been cancelled. I was (surprisingly?) surprised that I did not receive an alternative itinerary as I would have before the pandemic. I just got a cancellation (and the ability to request refund), And then I had to buy another SK ticket for the same day on different flights. Causes me quite a lot of hassle, to track these rotating refunds (the cancelled ticket was already paid with a voucher ...).
While I found it indeed surprising in the beginning that they offered only refund I called them and asked if I can change the flight instead. I jgot a yes and it was done in less than a minute.

Waiting time in the queue was around 1 minute as EBD.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 4:04 am

Good info, Jainzar. I will call next time (I expect at least one more cancellation is in the queue).
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by nussle

Wages in Poland are fast catching up btw.
Yepp, indeed. We have to pay our software developers in WAW quite well on order to keep them. Still only half the cost of US based engineering but it was 1/5th a couple of years back.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Yepp, it is.

Swedaiva will update the website when they reopen the other terminals: https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/inf...at-the-airport
It looks like the T4 domestic traffic has moved to T5 in the 11-24 pier, the 1-10 pier has the normal SAS/*A as before and the T2 airlines are in the F pier, with Schengen Traffic using the lower level F28-39.

All security is now in T5 F, so wait times are at 10-15 min most of the time.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fassy
Yepp, indeed. We have to pay our software developers in WAW quite well on order to keep them. Still only half the cost of US based engineering but it was 1/5th a couple of years back.
I think it's better to US an western Europe based software developer as the measuring line. The US has higher salaries in most skilled areas but that come with some uniquely US based costs. As well as the shear fact if it being difficult to get into the USA even if you are in a desired profession.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.