Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
I'm still trying to figure out the connection between SAS and the endless "Bash Sweden" posts from some posters...
I don’t see much Sweden bashing. Some criticism, but it is usually intertwined with compliments. I love Sweden.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by JR67
I don’t see much Sweden bashing. Some criticism, but it is usually intertwined with compliments. I love Sweden.
Me too! I just love to complain.

So I guess I won't impress you when I say that I actually really like Rotkäppchen Trocken at €2.50 / bottle (on sale, of course - normally it is the astronomical price of almost €4)?
And for nini_su : I also really like Grüner Veltliner at only slightly higher prices...
​​​​​​
Whatever floats your boat. I don't judge.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
​​​​​​
Whatever floats your boat. I don't judge.
I can either buy the expensive wines or the expensive cars. I choose cheap German sekt and expensive German cars. :-)
Old May 19, 2020, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Well, I have taken weekend trips to Hong Kong, San Francisco, and almost everywhere in between.
They say payback’s a ____. Did SAS pay you back with EBD status so you could try to bribe the home front with EBG status to use without you?
Old May 19, 2020, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Why not expensive Swedish cars? Because they’re too expensive.

I'm still trying to figure out the connection between SAS and the endless "Bash Sweden" posts from some posters...

There is so much “Bash Sweden” in this thread that we are discussing prices in EUR instead of SEK. . I was counting on the SEK to be bashed down this time, but it’s rallying against the USD.

I am an American who can’t tell a good Swedish wine from a bad one but have a relatively nearby Swedish vineyard whose wine I may have to buy just so someone can whine about others opinions about what is in good or bad taste and why the wine is frozen.

If SAS wants to serve Swedish wine on SAS flights as part of its business flavor of the day, it probably won’t matter to me. But it may not be to everyone else’s taste. Especially not on a route like CPH-HKG. I like the Malmo chocolate that SAS had been serving on some of its long-haul flights out of CPH. I doubt I would like any Malmo wine on those same flights, but then again I only drink water and tea on SAS flights.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 19, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Old May 20, 2020, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Why not expensive Swedish cars? Because they’re too expensive.
I am an American who can’t tell a good Swedish wine from a bad one but have a relatively nearby Swedish vineyard whose wine I may have to buy just so someone can whine about others opinions about what is in good or bad taste and why the wine is frozen.
Nearby vineyard? So you live close to Flädie? Is there any other Swedish vineyard in southern Sweden. And if you want to buy their wine you have to move quickly - they are in bankruptcy right now.

There are a couple of great articles in the economics literature that show beyond reasonable doubt that most people actually prefer cheap wines. They only choose the expensive ones when they know the prices, otherwise they almost universally choose the cheap ones. Wine snobs will come with some convenient explanation, but the truth is that people don't like the wines that wine snobs like.

The only expensive Swedish car is the Königsegg. My wife says I can't have one. For exactly the same reason I cant't get a 911 - I am in the age where it just looks pathetic. In ten years I will be OK, and ten years ago it would have been fine. But for now... Last car was going to be a 911 in my mind. I got a Macan. Women have too much power in Swedish families...
Old May 20, 2020, 2:50 am
Suspended

Did you have a Swedish car while having a German SO? Given you now have gone with German cars with a Swedish SO, what will it take to make you buy American?

The expensive Swedish car company owner has an Icelandic wife, but having an Icelandic car is not an option.

There are other winemakers in Skane. Biking south or east or otherwise SE from the Turning Torso provides one or more options too. Lomma kommun isn’t the only one with a vingĺrd.

Have you considered opening your own vineyard? This looks like an interesting place to try your hand while providing a rather novel place to host penny poker parties:

https://www.bulowlind.se/bostad?i=743993. Could provide some good lookouts for deer hunting.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 20, 2020 at 3:04 am
Old May 20, 2020, 2:59 am

Did you have a Swedish car while having a German SO? Given you now have gone with German cars with a Swedish SO, what will it take to make you buy American?
I have only had German cars (Not VW or Opel, of course). I could imagine driving an American car the day they build one worth driving. Tesla - never, the dealer in Malmö gave me a weekend including two free hotel nights trying to sell it to me. The longer I drove it, the more I knew I would never get one. The new Corvette is actually the first interesting car out of the US since the 1960s...
Old May 20, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: Various
Complaining is fun, isn't it? Sometimes I think I'm the only Swede here(but maybe you too?) but for the most part I realize that foreigners will always complain or comment about their adopted homes. I have plenty of comments about life in a EU country to the south of Sweden and Denmark too(let's say the the workers representatives have a stronger position there imo unlike the impression you could get from complaints in this thread). . If someone sounds miserable it's because they're miserable, not because they are in Scandinavia. But I don't see so much of that.
WindowSeatFlyer likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:57 am
Suspended

It could be that people that move countries of residence have the kind of experience that makes for more extensive and extensively personal comparative analysis.

The notion that there aren’t lots of non-expats/non-immigrants complaining or otherwise being critical in Scandinavia beggars reality when you consider the kind of stuff that grabs the prime time Scandinavian media audience, what has gone on with national parliamentary voting trends in the FT era and how SAS has had lots of home market passengers choose to fly other carriers beside just SAS even when SAS was an option.
nacho likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:59 am

American, who moved from California to Sweden 7 years ago. I love it here. Just in the last few months I have been spending a lot of time in Malmö and I really like the city and Skĺne in general. As a stockholmer I had all these prejudgements about Malmö, I must admit. I can't wait to take the train to Copenhagen when that country opens up. Sweden is awesome. America is awesome. Cars are tools for going places. So are airplanes for that matter. Lately my travel has been with SJ and driving. I miss airplanes. Random thoughts. Have a nice day
GUWonder, SK2751, JR67 and 1 others like this.
Old May 20, 2020, 11:02 am
Suspended

Sweden has another religious national holiday tomorrow. With all these holidays and the long vacation periods, does Sweden have employees working fewer days in a year than is generally routine in Denmark and Norway?
Old May 20, 2020, 11:48 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Sweden has another religious national holiday tomorrow. With all these holidays and the long vacation periods, does Sweden have employees working fewer days in a year than is generally routine in Denmark and Norway?
It certainly is a national holiday in Norway, and AFAIK in Denmark as well. I actually think that we in Norway have more religious holidays than Sweden, at least Maundy Thursday (the Thursday before Easter) is a national holiday in Norway and not in Sweden.

We have the following National Holidays in Norway:
25, 26 December, January 1, 1. May (Labour Day), 17 . May (Constitution Day), Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascencion day (tomorrow), Whitsun Monday
Old May 20, 2020, 12:22 pm

Tomorrow is a religious holiday in Scandinavia. The Germans do it right and rebranded it to Herrentag. A holiday for men! I am sure it is still religious in Bavaria though.
Old May 20, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Yes and I know a lot of schools have Friday off too, so this is definitely an extra long weekend.

I think full time employees have similar working days in DK and SE and NO. I know there's about 10 more school days in DK compared to SE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.