Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I must say that I do like the SK rest cabins at CPH. Very convenient and useful. Like a small hotel room without TV.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 4:15 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I must say that I do like the SK rest cabins at CPH. Very convenient and useful. Like a small hotel room without TV.
I like those as well. ^
It's a pure heaven after a long flight or on a day when you're tired and have a long layover.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 4:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I have never had use for these rooms, actually. I don't even know where they are
Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tommy777
I have never had use for these rooms, actually. I don't even know where they are
At CPH, inside the Scandinavian Lounge; when you go upstairs, it's on the right side in the corner of the main area there.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jacob_m
I like those as well. ^
It's a pure heaven after a long flight or on a day when you're tired and have a long layover.
It's also good before a long flight as well. Which other European or North/South American airlines have such a thing (for free)? I must say that SK's business class today is way ahead of where it was 3 years ago.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
Right in the Scandinavian lounge.
When you have climbed the stairs and stand in front of the reception, the day rooms are in the corner on the right.
There are no signs or such, but if you have a look next time you're in the lounge you will see two doors behind the sofas, voila!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Right in the Scandinavian lounge.
When you have climbed the stairs and stand in front of the reception, the day rooms are in the corner on the right.
There are no signs or such, but if you have a look next time you're in the lounge you will see two doors behind the sofas, voila!
Are there only two rest cabins, or are there more? The one key I got said "rest cabin 12" or something like that, but I know better than to think the two doors there are the last 2 of 12 rest cabins. More like 2 of 2, right?
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:00 am

Last time I was in CPH I asked about the dayrooms and the lounge warden showed them to me, but told me that they are to be used only in exceptional situation. My 4 hour layover was no such situation. I guess it would have to be a family with a baby or someone being sick or somthing like that. Still, the idea is nice and if you want to use them, better tell them that you´re feeling a bit sick or something.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 6:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Last time I was in CPH I asked about the dayrooms and the lounge warden showed them to me, but told me that they are to be used only in exceptional situation. My 4 hour layover was no such situation. I guess it would have to be a family with a baby or someone being sick or somthing like that. Still, the idea is nice and if you want to use them, better tell them that you´re feeling a bit sick or something.
They haven't asked me any questions as of late. I wonder why the differences?
Old Jun 13, 2006, 6:50 am

Thanks to those who earlier helped with the routing to SLC. It was a fairly smooth connexion at ORD ^

We have just started up in the US and I am therefore not that familiar yet to all the pros and cons with different routings over there. If some friendly soul once again could give me some assistant in this matter it would be appreciated.

This time it’s ARN-IAH. Should I go EWR, IAD or ORD?

Regards,

anbrand
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:52 am

Usually my feeder flight OSL-CPH is so late that I have no chance in hell visiting the lounge... I have to RUN to secure my upgrade on 943
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:18 am

Are there only two rest cabins, or are there more? The one key I got said "rest cabin 12" or something like that, but I know better than to think the two doors there are the last 2 of 12 rest cabins. More like 2 of 2, right?
Good point!!
I assumed there were only two rooms since I could only see those two doors, and honestly I don't really know where the other 10 rooms would be.
As far as I can recall it said rest cabin 12 on my key as well...

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Strange!
The only time I have used the dayroom was on a 3.5 hour layover between flights.
The lounge warden asked me for how long I would use the room and I said for around 2-2.5 hours and showed her my onward BP.
That was not a problem and I was given the key in exchange for my EBG-card straight away.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:02 am
Suspended

Good point!!
I assumed there were only two rooms since I could only see those two doors, and honestly I don't really know where the other 10 rooms would be.
As far as I can recall it said rest cabin 12 on my key as well...

Strange!
The only time I have used the dayroom was on a 3.5 hour layover between flights.
The lounge warden asked me for how long I would use the room and I said for around 2-2.5 hours and showed her my onward BP.
That was not a problem and I was given the key in exchange for my EBG-card straight away.
I just show my SK boarding pass indicating *Gold (not EBG) and biz travel. I haven't heard anything "matron"-like.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by anbrand

This time it’s ARN-IAH. Should I go EWR, IAD or ORD?

Regards,

anbrand
ORD for sure
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:49 pm

I just show my SK boarding pass indicating *Gold (not EBG) and biz travel. I haven't heard anything "matron"-like.
Maybe I dídn´t look tired enough. Or they has suspicions of what I might end up doing there with Mrs. HelsinkiFlyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.