Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
So a friend told me he saw Henke Larsson on the same Sterling-plane as him BCN-CPH some months ago. I wonder how common this is..?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gnopps
So a friend told me he saw Henke Larsson on the same Sterling-plane as him BCN-CPH some months ago. I wonder how common this is..?
Sterling?? I doubt it... Then again, he is Swedish
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by tommy777
At the SQ lounge at LHR now. Not a single person here while there's a line to use the shower at the stinkaroo London Lounge. Nice breakfast buffet, sandwiches and a shower WITH your own toilet in the room (which they don't have at the London lounge) and of course, a bartender at 7:30 AM ^ Free wireless internet tops it (even if it's not working today) Plenty of guest workstations.

This is THE *G lounge at LHR!! Signed the guest registry today (at the bar), check it out next time you pass through LHR and sign it yourself! ^ ^
I fully agree!!! The Silverkris lounge at LHR is great! Have you never been there before? You seem to transfer quite often at LHR...

I always make a visit to the SQ lounge when I travel out of LHR T3, it has become more or less compulsory, I think the lounge warden actually recognised me when I was there last time (two weeks ago).
The staff are really nice (and not once have they told me I was in the "wrong lounge"). The food and drinks are also great (try the red wine next time, it's really spicy), and one hour free wireless internet is of course also very useful.
If you go there in the evening they usually have hot food as well, they often have springrolls, somethimes also rice with curry chicken, yummy!!
I have also been there when I was the only visitor and had the whole lounge myself, seriously, why bother going to the SAS lounge?!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jacob_m
I fully agree!!! The Silverkris lounge at LHR is great! Have you never been there before? You seem to transfer quite often at LHR...

I always make a visit to the SQ lounge when I travel out of LHR T3, it has become more or less compulsory, I think the lounge warden actually recognised me when I was there last time (two weeks ago).
The staff are really nice (and not once have they told me I was in the "wrong lounge"). The food and drinks are also great (try the red wine next time, it's really spicy), and one hour free wireless internet is of course also very useful.
If you go there in the evening they usually have hot food as well, they often have springrolls, somethimes also rice with curry chicken, yummy!!
I have also been there when I was the only visitor and had the whole lounge myself, seriously, why bother going to the SAS lounge?!
The free-wi-fi is very useful for me as it's one hour of free calls -- via VOIP on my laptop -- to the US to get even my travels changed.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by jacob_m

I have been there a few times, but usually I don't have much time transfering at LHR. I usually get in around 6am and my connection to OSL leaves at 7:20 am. The SQ lounge opens at 7:15am.... The other direction, I only have an hour if SAS is on time.. Since this is LHR we are talking about, it's usually RUNRUNRUN due to delays. If there is a little time, it's just quicker to stop by the London lounge for a drink or reading a Scandinavian paper.

But if I have time, I always go to the SQ lounge
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
SK has FAs like that on your long-haul flights?
I must have fallen asleep dreaming because when I woke up her mother was serving me breakfast
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:36 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Only explanation , must be that he was paying for the trip out of his own pocket !
But honestly,once you are in your seat there isn´t much of a difference comfortwise between the LC and the legacy carrier.Well except perhaps ,that the low cost carriers usually have newer planes and younger FA´s
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:16 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Anyone know if an EBG can get lounge access when travelling on an SAS charter flight? (i do know that i can't get points)

I'm off on SK7603 tomorrow.

While i think about it, do SAS Charter flight check in at the standard SAS counters? could i therefore possible use the gold checkin?
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:46 am

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by kjsaw
Anyone know if an EBG can get lounge access when travelling on an SAS charter flight? (i do know that i can't get points)

I'm off on SK7603 tomorrow.

While i think about it, do SAS Charter flight check in at the standard SAS counters? could i therefore possible use the gold checkin?
I have been on charter flights with SK from CPH, and was not allowed lounge access, neither was alloved any extra weight (had to pay 200 DKK extra). The check in counters was staffed by SK staff, but it was not the regular check in counters (think this was check in in T2 at CPH). So I´m afraid probably no lounge access..
Old Jul 12, 2006, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by A-340 GOT
I have been on charter flights with SK from CPH, and was not allowed lounge access, neither was alloved any extra weight (had to pay 200 DKK extra). The check in counters was staffed by SK staff, but it was not the regular check in counters (think this was check in in T2 at CPH). So I´m afraid probably no lounge access..
You are right. Even if the BP is a regualr SK BP, they slide either your EBG card or the BP when entering the lounge. It will say charter for sure.

My last charter flight was ARN-POP back in 99. I asked nicely if me and my 2 friends could enter the lounge even if we were on a charter flight.

The GA said, sure, but only the Business lounge. We had about 50 beers and left 2 hrs later.

So it doesn't hurt to ask
Old Jul 12, 2006, 6:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
*Golds don't get lounge access when coming off a SAS flight into OSL either, even if they have an onward boarding pass from the international terminal (just on another non-* Alliance carrier)?

Does lounge access on arrival into CPH work for non-EBG *Golds (presuming they get airside/stay airside and just came off an SAS flight)? (I used to do it quite a bit without much issue.)
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
*Golds don't get lounge access when coming off a SAS flight into OSL either, even if they have an onward boarding pass from the international terminal (just on another non-* Alliance carrier)?

Does lounge access on arrival into CPH work for non-EBG *Golds (presuming they get airside/stay airside and just came off an SAS flight)? (I used to do it quite a bit without much issue.)
Officially only for intercontinental flights, I think.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by gnaget
Officially only for intercontinental flights, I think.
You missed my SQ - LHR lounge visit post (prev page)
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:20 pm

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Originally Posted by tommy777
You are right. Even if the BP is a regualr SK BP, they slide either your EBG card or the BP when entering the lounge. It will say charter for sure.

My last charter flight was ARN-POP back in 99. I asked nicely if me and my 2 friends could enter the lounge even if we were on a charter flight.

The GA said, sure, but only the Business lounge. We had about 50 beers and left 2 hrs later.

So it doesn't hurt to ask
I will try it out, assuming the lounge is even open at the ungodly hour we have to leave..... The next fun thing to discover is what the 140 SEK "upgrade" to "SAS CHARTER BUSINESS CLASS" actually is..... i am guessing nothing special. Whatever it is it will be worth it to spend a week diving;

http://www.blueplanet-liveaboards.de...ue_planet1.htm
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by kjsaw
I will try it out, assuming the lounge is even open at the ungodly hour we have to leave..... The next fun thing to discover is what the 140 SEK "upgrade" to "SAS CHARTER BUSINESS CLASS" actually is..... i am guessing nothing special. Whatever it is it will be worth it to spend a week diving;

http://www.blueplanet-liveaboards.de...ue_planet1.htm
SAS CHARTER BUSINESS CLASS?? Not a blocked middle seat for sure.

Looks like a nice yacht! Have a nice trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.