Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 3:38 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by Gnopps
After relocating to Dublin I'll be working in a callcenter at the reservations desk for major airline. ... But for now, I'm really excited!
You´ll have be our 'deep throat' inside the callcenter, alert us on any fare deals, 'very cheap tickets to... ' etc.

Congrats and good luck ^
Old May 25, 2006, 4:37 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I've been wanting to get a job within the aviation industry for quite some time now. Currently I'm finishing my university studies and am working part time at a hotel. But since I have no formal education relating to travel, finding a job in this business has proved to be hard.

Then yesterday I finally got a callback and after an interview I was hired! The job itself is not the most fun, nor the most glorius. After relocating to Dublin I'll be working in a callcenter at the reservations desk for major airline. But, I'm looking forward to the education given, as well as getting to know the reservation systems better. Hopefully, this job will in the future be a stepping stone to something else... But for now, I'm really excited!
Great! Good luck! Please communicate out-of-band your airline and direct extension. You might get a posse of travellers that would want a knowlegeable chap on the other end of the phoneline. ^
Old May 25, 2006, 8:06 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I've been wanting to get a job within the aviation industry for quite some time now. Currently I'm finishing my university studies and am working part time at a hotel. But since I have no formal education relating to travel, finding a job in this business has proved to be hard.

Then yesterday I finally got a callback and after an interview I was hired! The job itself is not the most fun, nor the most glorius. After relocating to Dublin I'll be working in a callcenter at the reservations desk for major airline. But, I'm looking forward to the education given, as well as getting to know the reservation systems better. Hopefully, this job will in the future be a stepping stone to something else... But for now, I'm really excited!
Indeed, congratulations and the very best of luck on your new job!!!

Of course from now on we expect lots of insight information about how the airline industry works...so I hope you won't let us down!!

I suppose you'll also be facing both the fun and the hard parts of moving abroad, it can get rather tricky and frustrating at times but you'll get used to it.
Old May 25, 2006, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Congratulations on your new job!

Im doing another RTW starting next weekend. Had huge problems getting on a certain flight ARN-CPH so my itinerary got pretty messed up. This is my routing:

CPH-NRT-TPE-ICN-MNL-SIN-PVG-ICN-YVR-SEA-ORD-ARN-ZRH-MAD-ZRH-CPH

Great Circle Mapper

Im going to blog during this journey also:
http://www.bjornstrom.se/index.php/c..._om_tio_dagar/
Old May 25, 2006, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

On a totally different subject:

With record-breaking 2005 annual sales, Lexus retains its title as America's top-selling luxury brand for the sixth consecutive year. The automaker today reported total year-end sales of 302,895 units, up 5.5 percent over last year's record-breaking sales. Lexus also scored an all-time, best- ever month with 35,186 units sold.

I told you so Tommy777
Old May 25, 2006, 11:56 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thank you for all your congratulations! I'm really looking forward to starting there, but of course have some worries about working in a different country. I'll be relocating in less than a month and have a ton of things to take care of first..
Old May 29, 2006, 9:01 am

Gnoops, nice to hear that you got a job that you wanted.

I´ve never been to Dublin, but I guess it´s a fun place. Very expensive to live in. Especially rents are supposed to be real bad. But what you lose in rent, you get back in Guiness.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

I got convinced by my lovely SAS agent to upgrade my YRTWSTAR1 to a CRTWSTAR1 today. SQ PPS - here I come!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:07 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I got convinced by my lovely SAS agent to upgrade my YRTWSTAR1 to a CRTWSTAR1 today. SQ PPS - here I come!
keep us updated!
Old Jun 3, 2006, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Im in the EBG lounge at ARN right now. I'll do the LH flight to FRA and then try NH210 "Super ANA class" topfloor on B744. I'll post some pics from Tokyo
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:07 am
Original Poster

I got seat 82K which is top floor emergency exit - the same as 17K on SQ. Please note that 82A does not have the same legroom!

http://www.bjornstrom.se/blog/0604/img_0688.jpg
http://www.bjornstrom.se/blog/0604/img_0704_2.jpg

I enjoyed a Japanese 6 course (!) meal and then slept like a baby for 8 hours and woke up relaxed in NRT. The seats are pretty similar to SQ SpaceBeds with a slightly angled flatbed. I'd prefer something fully horisontal though.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
If I may ask; at which price do these babies come?
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I got seat 82K which is top floor emergency exit - the same as 17K on SQ. Please note that 82A does not have the same legroom!

http://www.bjornstrom.se/blog/0604/img_0688.jpg
http://www.bjornstrom.se/blog/0604/img_0704_2.jpg

I enjoyed a Japanese 6 course (!) meal and then slept like a baby for 8 hours and woke up relaxed in NRT. The seats are pretty similar to SQ SpaceBeds with a slightly angled flatbed. I'd prefer something fully horisontal though.
Did you get to enjoy the new Star Alliance terminal in NRT? I believe it opened two days ago. Any impressions?

There should now be an arrivals lounge to enjoy if you arrive on a longhaul flight in C or F, it doubles as domestic lounge as well.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by larsll
CRTW used to be SEK 38.800 xSweden, but the new price (since June) seems to be something like 41.000-ish
Old Jun 4, 2006, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by larsll
I got the old price - 38.800 plus taxes. If you divide the price per segment you get really good deals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.