Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
Mr.'s favourite CPH SK lounge food is hot dog

The food has been crap for years, my kids go in and eat chips... They used to have croissant and spandauer for breakfast but now being replaced with some crappy croissant with creme in it.

You are in Europe so a proper Cava is the one thing that they can get it right. I don't understand why Japanese like the whisky mixed with water thing from a machine in the ANA lounges. The best alcohol in ANA is an Asahi or Kirin. I'm happy as long as I got my Hojicha.

I don't think I'm going to miss the SK lounge once they are in ST.
No hot dogs today. Last I was in the lounge the food was not too bad. Certainly a drop, or bad luck.

You don't like highballs? They are a very big thing in Japan. I am not a whisky person, so I skip them. But they are a super popular item in any izakaya...
Old Mar 8, 2024, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No hot dogs today. Last I was in the lounge the food was not too bad. Certainly a drop, or bad luck.

You don't like highballs? They are a very big thing in Japan. I am not a whisky person, so I skip them. But they are a super popular item in any izakaya...
I know... I haven't got the guts to try them. Had a terrible experience at the whisky museum in Edinburgh, tried whisky mixed with water and it tasted so bad that we had to toss it off. I saw quite some Japanese drinking that in the ANA lounges - maybe I should give it a try next time.

The only time I will ever eat a in the SK lounge is if I know that it will be a while before I have food. If I fly TK, even the on board meal are 100x better than SK lounge food, why waste my stomach capacity for that?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Today was Brćndende Kćrlighed, maybe not the most elegant looking dish but there is a story/tradition to it, which was also explained on the sign next to the food. It was OK tasty for that specific dish, but I can see why it would seem odd to non Scandinavians. To be fair, though, I think it is OK that lounges present some traditional family cooking as well from time to time.
SK2751, studentCPH and vanillabean like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Today was Brćndende Kćrlighed, maybe not the most elegant looking dish but there is a story/tradition to it, which was also explained on the sign next to the food. It was OK tasty for that specific dish, but I can see why it would seem odd to non Scandinavians. To be fair, though, I think it is OK that lounges present some traditional family cooking as well from time to time.
It would be great if the lounge operator could be more considerate, especially when you as a local can tell its probably not very inviting to non-locals. They could present locals and non-locals options like many lounges and hotels in Asia do so there is something available for everyone.

Worst case you drop some pizzas or burgers, it doesn't have to Michelin star cooking as long as it is accessible to most common eaters.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I'll see what they serve when I go there in 2 weeks or so. At least they didn't serve Danish open sandwich or the Swedish sandwich bombs

Mr. won't touch mashed potatoes, if he does I need to send him to psych ward.

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
It would be great if the lounge operator could be more considerate, especially when you as a local can tell its probably not very inviting to non-locals. They could present locals and non-locals options like many lounges and hotels in Asia do so there is something available for everyone.

Worst case you drop some pizzas or burgers, it doesn't have to Michelin star cooking as long as it is accessible to most common eaters.
If they are considerate, they would have fixed the damn shower and give people more than 1 towel to dry their hair and body, and possibly not just a bubble for all parts of the body. The toilets in the lady room has seen better days.

They did have pizza but it did not look appetizing and was inedible.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am actually quite OK with lounges setting out items that are local specialities, even if they are a bit odd to the foreign eye. As long as they put a bit of an explanation with it.

There were also chicken meatballs, and the mashed potatoes were not mixed with the bacon for Brćndende Kćrlighed, so you could have the mash with the meat balls which would be perfectly normal.

The salads looked pretty decent and fresh.

Pizzas and burgers are not well suited for a buffet. They dry up, or get too cold pretty quick. If you do like Turkish in their lounges and make a batch of pide every 20 minutes that's always too small for the number of people waiting to get some, then it is always fresh and nice. But I have yet to try a buffet pizza slice in an airline lounge that was worth eating.
SK2751 and studentCPH like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It would be great if the lounge operator could be more considerate, especially when you as a local can tell its probably not very inviting to non-locals.
So a mental thing, unfamiliar unlike the McDonald"s at home?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:01 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I love the burning love. It is essentially as salty and fatty as Macdonald. It should be considered inclusive
Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK2751
I love the burning love. It is essentially as salty and fatty as Macdonald. It should be considered inclusive
It was pretty good, Danish comfort food. Now we just need to get them to serve svensk přlseret, and everything else about the lounge could be forgiven.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Does anyone know if I can use the Swiss lounges as SK Gold flying SK at ZRH? I checked the lounge finder function at Star Alliance and saw that there are lounges that just say Swiss with no Star Alliance logo and some that are contract lounges without SK.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Amexpat
I checked the lounge finder function at Star Alliance and saw that there are lounges that just say Swiss with no Star Alliance logo and some that are contract lounges without SK.
Lounge founder at Star Alliance website shows (by definition) only Star Alliance lounges. So the answer is yes, you can use any of them.
Personally, I would recommend Alpine Lounge - nice environment and not that well known, hence relatively quiet.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by dvitasg
Personally, I would recommend Alpine Lounge - nice environment and not that well known, hence relatively quiet.
True, not well known! I have traveled hundred of times to ZRH over the last couple of years and never heard about this one...

But from the pictures.... I do prefer the normal SEN lounge. Also the chef served meal service is just so much nicer than the buffet in the Alpine lounge. And if it is too crowded downstairs, I love to relax in the old smoker lounge upstairs and have a nap.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Also the chef served meal service is just so much nicer than the buffet in the Alpine lounge.
I haven't gone through ZRH in the last 6 months, but previously the hot meals were always made to order in the Alpine lounge, I don't recall it being a buffet since COVID.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:26 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
True, not well known! I have traveled hundred of times to ZRH over the last couple of years and never heard about this one...

But from the pictures.... I do prefer the normal SEN lounge. Also the chef served meal service is just so much nicer than the buffet in the Alpine lounge. And if it is too crowded downstairs, I love to relax in the old smoker lounge upstairs and have a nap.
I couldn't disagree more! The Alpine lounge is superior in so many ways imho... It is often more silent, has comfortable seating and a very nice living room vibe. It also has views and the staff is extraordinary. The freshly cooked meals, which they sometimes serve you at your table are also usually great.

It is no surprise some people prefer it over FCL A. Give it a chance!
Amexpat likes this.

Last edited by Nick Art; Mar 30, 2024 at 11:12 am
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
This might not be the right forum, but I'm looking to get some business class award tickets on SAS, but don't have SAS points (or I'd have already booked!). Awardhacks.se shoes the availability on SAS, and a link to the sas webpage confirms they are bookable for 50k points.

I see availability in coach with Aeroplan, but not business. Neither United nor Avianca shows availability in business.

I cannot transfer US Amex points to SAS.

Does anyone have any other ideas for how I might book the tickets? Perhaps ANA? or maybe SAS makes these seats available only to its own members, not Star partners?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.