Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: Eurobonus
There are currently a larger-than-usual number of open positions at SAS Group including heaps of strategic back-office positions (pricing, partnerships, revenue, accounts, digital, etc). This is perhaps unsurprising as the company is emerging from the Chapter 11 proceedings with newfound optimism and restructuring possibilities but I still would have imagined this to be delayed until the new ownership was finalised.

Anyway, if you are interested in a job at SAS, now may be a good time to have a look as they have job openings in basically every department. I have no affiliation with SAS and cannot comment on working there, I am but a soon-to-be graduate monitoring job openings in Scandinavian aviation.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 5:46 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is a non-eurobonus kafe question: which cafe/bar at CPH is most useful as a coffee shop (a place where I can seat for an hour drinking coffee and reading some work stuff, in absence of a lounge)?
Old Oct 27, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by SK2751
This is a non-eurobonus kafe question: which cafe/bar at CPH is most useful as a coffee shop (a place where I can seat for an hour drinking coffee and reading some work stuff, in absence of a lounge)?
  • The hippest coffee shop-like experience is Arket Cafe (inside Arket clothing shop) towards the A gates. The downside is that there are tons of people walking by and you are very exposed to them.
  • For a generic coffee shop, the Lagkagehuset towards the C-gates opposite the SAS lounges is good though its location next to a notoriously noisy Joe&theJuice will leave you deaf if you don't wear ANC headphones.
  • If you want to/can go to the non-Schengen area, the Joe&theJuice just after passport control on the left side has some good seating behind it with views of the ramp.
  • I believe the Espresso House on the right after tax free towards A and B (left of Georg Jensen and behind the barista island) has a lot of seating and may be the best overall choice
  • If you are most interested in peace and quiet, your best option is grabbing a to-go coffee from Joe&theJuice or Lagkagehuset and going to the former domestic terminal (gates A18 and up). If you go past the first handful of gates and take the stairs down, you will reach some rarely-used gates that are completely deserted on most days. This only makes sense if your gate is expected to be A or B (or you have a lot of time) because you will be 15-35 minutes walk away from everything else.
intuition and SK2751 like this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 12:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If you're Amex Gold or above, Espresso house at Kastrup is in the "Lounge on the go" concept so saying those magic words and swiping the cards get you coffee and something for free
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Wow, no Amex here, but the suggestions are good. Especially the Espresso House next to Georg Jensen - I do not think I ever registered that there is a good space there. I really appreciate!
Old Oct 30, 2023, 2:47 am

I have a flight to MIA late next month. Given arrival time in the evening (8pm or so), views on where to sit? Front or back of C-cabin? We're currently at the front for service however if gates tend to connect to door 2, I'd be minded to move. Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Could probably deserve its own thread but AC is starting up YUL-ARN and YYZ-ARN on Dreamliners. The YYZ flight has surprisingly positive timing.

https://simpleflying.com/air-canada-...tockholm-2024/
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Could probably deserve its own thread but AC is starting up YUL-ARN and YYZ-ARN on Dreamliners. The YYZ flight has surprisingly positive timing.

https://simpleflying.com/air-canada-...tockholm-2024/
2-3 times a week in peak summer vacation period, not exactly impressive. A wager of a cocktail of own choice says these routes go the way of the dodo after the 24 summer season, never to be seen again.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
2-3 times a week in peak summer vacation period, not exactly impressive. A wager of a cocktail of own choice says these routes go the way of the dodo after the 24 summer season, never to be seen again.
Exactly. The YUL flight is basically cater for people going on cruises in Scandinavia. I wouldn't say it's bad as more flights should press the prices down.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Tested some dates with the AC flights. Pricing is a bit irregular right now, maybe just been loaded. On some dates, Business and Premium Economy are significantly cheaper than Economy.

One downside (for me, the provincial Swede) is that AC don't (yet?) have any codeshare on SK's domestic flights, despite sensible arrival/departure times in ARN. Probably wouldn't mind risking a self-connect in ARN.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Tested some dates with the AC flights. Pricing is a bit irregular right now, maybe just been loaded. On some dates, Business and Premium Economy are significantly cheaper than Economy.

One downside (for me, the provincial Swede) is that AC don't (yet?) have any codeshare on SK's domestic flights, despite sensible arrival/departure times in ARN. Probably wouldn't mind risking a self-connect in ARN.
That would probably indicate that the majority of Y is already sold to tour and cruise operators.....
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:52 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
SK seems to sustain their ARN-YYZ route and its returning again in March so I guess there is some other traffic. I do love a YUL route though, even if it is just 6 months out of the year, we'll see if it is sustainable. I've always enjoyed AC crews and J cabin.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The HKG CPH on Cathay seemed to be basically Australian cruise passengers the times I flew it. And we all know the sustainability of that route. The cruise crowd is not high yield.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:07 am

Sure, flying a OW route into CPH isn't going to capture a lot of traffic so you rely on the CX/QF/JL crowds which I doubt have much business in Denmark.

I wonder how SK/AC work out post *A exit and ST entry or if AC in part is opening the route to mitigate that.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Sure, flying a OW route into CPH isn't going to capture a lot of traffic so you rely on the CX/QF/JL crowds which I doubt have much business in Denmark.

I wonder how SK/AC work out post *A exit and ST entry or if AC in part is opening the route to mitigate that.
I doubt a 3-4 month peak summer route is anything but carrying tour contracts.
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.