Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
DSB and Bane Danmark are probably the least qualified combo in rail operations out there, I don't think I would trust them to accurately predict what week day it is tomorrow. Cue the new "short cut" highly modern tracks built via Křge to Ringsted with fewer stops that actually extended the duration of a train journey from Copenhagen to Odense. I see that as a typical outcome of rail investments in Denmark.....

Speaking of Odense, did you experience the cheap and horrid monstrosity of a station they were proud of putting up there?
By the way, Mr saw a job at Bane Danmark a while ago and he applied. Mr. turned down the offer because their salary level is 20% below market price - so you can imagine what kind of people are working there.

Rejsekort is ridiculous too, took years to implement (by the time it was completed it could be replaced by an app) and even now on and off people can't buy more than one ticket using the card. Not to mention you need to buy the card every 3 year. There are 3 apps in relation to rejsekort.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yep, OBC.
That station with some really twisted statues outside?

Danish train stations to this day are the only Scandinavian ones where I’ve ever had to walk around deposited adult human excrement left in the open. If it were just urine, then Denmark’s stations would have had more Scandinavian company.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 8, 2022 at 5:03 am
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That station with some really twisted statues outside?

Danish train stations to this day are the only Scandinavian ones where I’ve ever had to walk around deposited adult human excrement left in the open. If it were just urine, then Denmark’s stations would have had more Scandinavian company.
What?! I did use Kbh H a lot before moving to Sweden and I never saw the $h!t you mentioned. Maybe you go there early Saturday morning or something?
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
What?! I did use Kbh H a lot before moving to Sweden and I never saw the $h!t you mentioned. Maybe you go there early Saturday morning or something?
Copenhagen’s Řsterport was the scene the first two times where I encountered that in Denmark. Never at Kbh H. It was on days when the US Embassy had regular business hours, so no weekend morning “WTH, I can’t believe this. That too in Denmark when I haven’t even seen this in NYC. Or India.”
Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
AY had no feeder network and didn't do anything material to attract locals.
They ran lots of fare sales and were rather generous with handing out AY elite status to try to attract business from ARN users.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Copenhagen’s Řsterport was the scene the first two times where I encountered that in Denmark. Never at Kbh H. It was on days when the US Embassy had regular business hours, so no weekend morning “WTH, I can’t believe this. That too in Denmark when I haven’t even seen this in NYC. Or India.”
OMG. We used to go there to take intercity train to see my in-laws but never experienced anything like that. I thought I would see that in underground in Shanghai but I didn't. I haven't seen it in Chicago metro either (ok I only went on the Blue line and then other lines towards the north), even though there were plenty of other trash everywhere.

I thought finding that in a hallway inside a dormitory when I was studying in the UK was bad - everyone in that block got a GBP 25 cleaning fee added onto their bills.

We went to the US embassy to eat when Mr was working for a Telco. The food was amazing and the staff who worked at the embassy that ate with us said they were so happy with the food. Why on earth are all the good fast food are inside somewhere that we can't reach? When we were at the Pentagon visiting some people were asking if we could eat at Popeyes inside as everyone said it was so good. Of course the answer was no. Once we used our GPS to get a Popeyes and it guided us to a military base, I actually drove to the gate and said to the guard that we were guided by the GPS to the Popeyes and he said it's inside the base and we are not allowed in. Now we double check to make sure that we don't head into one of those again (somehow they have really high ratings).

Last edited by nacho; Oct 8, 2022 at 9:09 am
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:20 am
Suspended

OMG. We used to go there to take intercity train to see my in-laws but never experienced anything like that. I thought I would see that in underground in Shanghai but I didn't. I haven't seen it in Chicago metro either (ok I only went on the Blue line and then other lines towards the north), even though there were plenty of other trash everywhere.

I thought finding that in a hallway inside a dormitory when I was studying in the UK was bad - everyone in that block got a GBP 25 cleaning fee added onto their bills.
I’ve encountered the smell of urine at various public transport stations across the world, known even dorm rooms where excrement was inappropriately deposited by students or their guests, and seen a lot of weird stuff done by people who are desperate or out of their mind; but these too-near encounters in Denmark were in a league of their own.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve encountered the smell of urine at various public transport stations across the world, known even dorm rooms where excrement was inappropriately deposited by students or their guests, and seen a lot of weird stuff done by people who are desperate or out of their mind; but these too-near encounters in Denmark were in a league of their own.
It could be a drug addict who couldn't hold... I wonder how they manage to find toilets in places like Germany, Belgium and Holland that public toilets are not free.

Urine smell is part of public transport in a lot of places and that's the reason why I do not like to take elevators in stations.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Is there a way to contact Eurobonus?

Am stuck in some dystopian loop where, when trying to claim missing points it tells me I need to update my profile, but whenever I try to update the profile i get a message saying "sorry, there's a problem, please try later".

Thing is, I can't see any way of contacting a human to try and resolve this.

I've tried multiple browsers, too. The thing is, it's for about 8,000 points, so I'd like to get them added!

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
There is a difference between filling the planes and filling them profitably. The lack of longevity of west coast routes could indicate that latter is not happening.
Must be something that can be worked on. Seems to work for SK from CPH. More SAS Connect? Other options to increase margins? With AY dropping out again, long haul competition is back to pre-covid levels.

Maybe due to the lack of SK in the TATL JV?
Very likely part of the problem but SK J being filled with predominantly Americans on most of my flights seems to indicate that UA flyers find the SAS flights regardless.

The US3 are probably far more likely to pick New York/East Coast hubs, where they can fly with 757, 767, and A321(X)LR in the future, and have the total turn in less than 24 hours. Then feed in to their domestic network from there.
Understandable but 8,5 hours to the East Coast and then 6 hours to the West Coast on domestic doesn't compare to 10,5 hours to the West Coast direct.

Part of the reason may also be that the mentioned European airlines are just too efficient at ferrying passengers through their hubs?
I'm sure this applies to a few, KL/LX/OS perhaps, I do like AMS and ZRH for transfering. However, LHR/FRA/CDG, are terrible. They are still a 2+ hour flight away, would opt for a direct any day, so would many other travelers.

They ran lots of fare sales and were rather generous with handing out AY elite status to try to attract business from ARN users.
The status match is pretty useless unless you're going full in on OW which in EU is just not great because of LHR itself and HEL being in the wrong direction for most travel. ARN based passengers with a lot of APAC flying already had that status. Sales are great for one-off flyers.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by swiss Julie

Am stuck in some dystopian loop where, when trying to claim missing points it tells me I need to update my profile, but whenever I try to update the profile i get a message saying "sorry, there's a problem, please try later".

I've tried multiple browsers, too. The thing is, it's for about 8,000 points, so I'd like to get them added!

Thanks
Use the chat on www.sas.se and try there, that is where there competent agents are nowadays.
swiss Julie likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swiss Julie

Thanks
Have you tried using safari on an iphone? It sounded weird but that's how I got the missing points credited.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The status match is pretty useless unless you're going full in on OW which in EU is just not great because of LHR itself and HEL being in the wrong direction for most travel. ARN based passengers with a lot of APAC flying already had that status. Sales are great for one-off flyers.
How else would you suggest AY should have promoted ARN as a long-haul hub and be able to make it rain money for AY at ARN?

ARN is in the wrong direction for most long haul travelers in the Schengen area. ARN is even in the wrong direction for a very large proportion of long-haul travelers in Sweden.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How else would you suggest AY should have promoted ARN as a long-haul hub and be able to make it rain money for AY at ARN?

ARN is in the wrong direction for most long haul travelers in the Schengen area. ARN is even in the wrong direction for a very large proportion of long-haul travelers in Sweden.
Double hub may work - the biggest issue to get to ARN to fly AY long haul, for domestic Sweden AY can start domestic flights within Sweden to feed its network and to make a stop at ARN for routes like CPH-ARN-HEL. That's the reason why we didn't do their status match - having to get an extra leg just to get to ARN is just troublesome.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:33 am
Suspended

Double hub may work - the biggest issue to get to ARN to fly AY long haul, for domestic Sweden AY can start domestic flights within Sweden to feed its network and to make a stop at ARN for routes like CPH-ARN-HEL. That's the reason why we didn't do their status match - having to get an extra leg just to get to ARN is just troublesome.
Short-haul operations are not all that cheap to start up and support nowadays. And there would be the SK and other competition putting into doubt the financial viability of an AY ARN short-haul network that would probably not do a whole lot for increasing AY’s margins for its long-haul flights out of ARN.

Who here would want to invest their own money in a short-haul AY network based at ARN? Certainly not I. But I also wouldn’t want to invest my own money in a long-haul airline network based at ARN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.