Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by intuition
without, I assume?

Good to know it worked multiple times. I've had a problem in CPH where automated gates did not accept a later return to the lounge. But it was some time ago.
They don't because there is no registration that you have exited the lounge. In IST TK lounge you need to scan your BP to get out so that you can get in at a later time without having to go through the dragons.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 4:31 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by intuition
without, I assume?
The more Swedish I learn, the less English I remember... duly corrected.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold, Strawberry Gold
Earlier this summer at ARN I had to go back and forth between the service desk and the lounge a few times due to a canceled flight for which a good rebooking was looking hopeless (peak summer time and a few standby seats involved). The automatic gates let me in multiple times with no issues, over a timespan of 8hrs or so, using the same boarding pass for the canceled flight.
the810, intuition and SK2751 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG, LH SEN
I forgot about this entirely, but about a month ago I used the gates multiple times within a short period (at ARN), because the bathrooms in the gold lounge were terribly overloaded. There are actually signs to go to the business lounge in such case. Then you have to cross gates out, in to business, and back to gold. No issues whatsoever.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:24 am

Two questions:

Checked bags...

JFK CPH ARN (overnight) DUB. Will SK allow me to check my bag to ARN and recheck the next day ARN DUB? I ask because it looks as if I'll be needing my heavy coat at ARN tomorrow and I really don't want to carry it with me onboard.

Alternate flights...

How willing is SK, assuming space and fare class available, with changing flights? Specifically, I arrive at CPH at 1300, and depart for ARN at 1810. There are flights available at 1530 and 1715.

Thank you!

Last edited by lamphs; Nov 24, 2023 at 4:59 am
Old Nov 24, 2023, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by lamphs
Two questions:

Checked bags...

JFK CPH ARN (overnight) DUB. Will SK allow me to check my bag to ARN and recheck the next day ARN DUB? I ask because it looks as if I'll be needing my heavy coat at ARN tomorrow and I really don't want to carry it with me onboard.
With an overnight stop, shouldn’t be any problem to get the bag in CPH. In general never had an issue short-checking bags with SK.

Originally Posted by lamphs
Alternate flights...

How willing is SK, assuming space and fare class available, with changing flights? Specifically, I arrive at CPH at 1300, and depart for ARN at 1810. There are flights available at 1530 and 1715.

Thank you!
Which booking class? Unless on a rather flexible premium fare or having status with SK, your change to be rebooked on an earlier flight is exactly 0.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I have a flight to MIA late next month. Given arrival time in the evening (8pm or so), views on where to sit? Front or back of C-cabin? We're currently at the front for service however if gates tend to connect to door 2, I'd be minded to move. Thanks
To answer my own question, it was door 2.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:18 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
To answer my own question, it was door 2.
On all my flights with SAS I have never deboarded from L1, it's always L2, and I've only ever boarded via L1 once, in LAX.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by fassy
With an overnight stop, shouldn’t be any problem to get the bag in CPH. In general never had an issue short-checking bags with SK.

Which booking class? Unless on a rather flexible premium fare or having status with SK, your change to be rebooked on an earlier flight is exactly 0.
Thanks although I figured it out on my own. The check-in agent at JFK hesitated a bit and had to check with a colleague before she was able to short check to ARN. She asked twice 'are you sure you're continuing to DUB'. Re: changing to an earlier flight, the check-in agent told me that I needed to check in CPH upon arrival. And, yes, the answer was 'no'. That's OK, I had a bunch of work to do and whether I did it in the SAS Gold lounge or at the ARN hotel, it made no difference. The lounge has been quite quiet and the coffee is OK. Still another 2.5 hours to go.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They added a lifetime gold dashboard to the app. I guess they forgot to make it look for interruptions in the Gold streak....

But seems I can qualify in another minus 6 years.

the810, SK2751, Jainzar and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:41 am

Parking Madness at CPH….

Just to vent a bit…. the madness in CPH P8 has become just too much to tolerate of late. I don’t know, for years, I used P8 and were happy to pay a fair premium for short access to the terminals, being protected (both the car and myself) from rain, hail, frost, snow and storm. At some point in the last 3 years people discovered you can drive in, park in front of the terminal entry to drop-off or pick-up relatives or friends and drive out paying like 35DKK. It became at some times crowded with 3 to 5 cars blocking the entry to the terminals or the driveways to the parking area.

But last Thursday…. and today again... it was just madness. A legendary traffic jam in all the driveways, an over an hour long queue at the exit barriers and since so many people used this “neat trick” the ticket machines were out of paper for receipts. And of course, the already kind of glitchy machines refuses to eat the paid ticket like 3 or 4 times before opening the barrier extending the queues at the exit even more. And to be honest, I am not sure if the air venting system was designed for hundred of cars running at the same time in the catacombs of the garage.

I mean, ...…. there is a drop-off/pick-up parking lot above directly in front of the terminal. Walking distance… what… like 50m? The first 30 minutes are even free. I don’t get why CPH doesn’t enforce more discipline here. E.g. make it a “minimum pay a full day” or “stay at least 3 hours before the exits opens again”. That would still mean some people would rather spend 300DKK than waiting in the cold, but much much less people.

Rant over.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
As you said, parking at P8 shields you off from rain and snow... Danes love their cars and their expensive clothing clean and free from rain and dirt.

The problem here is the stupid barriers, it's not working properly in the drop off pick up area.

Park at P12 likes Mr. does (his employer won't allow anything more expensive than that) and it's indoor and no one blocking your way to pick up/drop off. Those people who use the 35kr trick are probably the people living close to me who thinks 35kr is nothing. It is a money machine for CPH (tons of turnovers), if they have 20 cars passing through each hour they are pocketing more than what you pay for 24h of parking.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 3:20 am

Well, in summer I also park in P12 or P10. But in winter, I happily pay the 50-100DKK/day extra. But yes, you are probably right, CPH sees it as pretty good business and won't stop that behavior.

Btw, I don't see any problems with the barriers in the drop-off/pick-up zone.
nacho likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:34 am

I’m sure this has been covered before but isn’t it weird SAS has a fairly large partnership with Amex yet you cannot use it to pay onboard flights. I realise Amex fees are higher than others but would have thought there’d be some kind of arrangement.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: Various
I haven't seen that discussion before. I never buy onboard so I didn't know but I agree it's weird. Obviously there are different departments involved etc but you'd think it would be similar all over, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.