Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2006, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by jacob_m
Did you get to enjoy the new Star Alliance terminal in NRT? I believe it opened two days ago. Any impressions?

There should now be an arrivals lounge to enjoy if you arrive on a longhaul flight in C or F, it doubles as domestic lounge as well.
Yup - the new terminal 1 was brand new and pretty nice. Nothing special in a architechtural view. I only passed through immigration (took 20 mins - lots of people) and got a limousine bus that stopped just outside the doors. Im doing NRT-TPE on thursday on UA and will try the lounges and look around more then.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:59 am
Original Poster

I've posted some pics from my ARN-FRA (LH) and FRA-NRT (NH) flights in my blog now. Also some stuff from the LH Senator *G lounge in FRA:
http://www.bjornstrom.se/index.php/asia2006/

I'll keep you updated with more stuff. Im at NRT now and have taken pictures of the new STAR terminal 1 South. The NH ANA Lounge is very nice - its one of the best I've seen so far. At the moment im in the UA RCC lounge and will board a triple-seven in about 11 minutes to TPE.

Tokyo was great - Computex 2006 and work, work tomorrow
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I guess this is the ultimate Bjornstrom thread now

I am so happy to see you have a few UA segments on your RTW...

I heard your NRT-TPE on UA wasn't up to par.. (I have Bjornstrom on MSN Messenger) I'm sad to hear that...

Best of luck on the rest of your trip, I'm sure your SEA-ORD will be great ^ ^ Make sure you get on a 752, F. I have a better suggestion though. Go SFO-ORD instead. UA870 is a 747, if there's room I will treat you to a C to F upgrade with a CR1!! ^ ^ I'm sure the UA suites will impress you.

The ultimate tommy777 travel months June - July starts with an exciting OSL-TRD-OSL on Monday, a little more little more exciting OSL-ARN-OSL on Thursday. I'm NOT looking forward to my US Air ventures.... Have 6 trips to the US from June 22nd to August 20th.... 3 on US Air, 2 on UA and 1 on SK in Y+ ^ I will start with the worst ones first and work my way up from there!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:01 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Availability rant

So I'm going to HEL this weekend and wouldn't mind a bump voucher. The same flight last week was zeroed out so I had my hopes up. However checking my flight for tomorrow it shows 9 in most classes. And to add a little extra insult the same flight next week shows Y2 already. Bah.

Ok so how about my return flight then? Well, Pretty much all flights HEL-CPH on sunday have zeroes almost everywhere, except my flight which is filled with 9s of course. Next weekend it is the opposite, the same flight is zeroed out while the others are open.

On the 150+ segments I've flown in the last four years only once has there been a need for a volunteer. Seems like I still have the bump curse on me.

Funny side note, my gf and I flew HEL-OSL last weekend as the last segment on my OSL-PVG C trip. We flew in C, and the RJ85 therefore had one row of C. The flight was overbooked (we volunteered but eventually weren't needed) so three people were upped to C-class. Quite funny to know that our tickets let three other people fly C as well.. :-)
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps
So I'm going to HEL this weekend :-)
That seems about right....
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tommy777
That seems about right....
HEL is cheaper than OSL.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Best of luck on the rest of your trip, I'm sure your SEA-ORD will be great ^ ^ Make sure you get on a 752, F. I have a better suggestion though. Go SFO-ORD instead. UA870 is a 747, if there's room I will treat you to a C to F upgrade with a CR1!! ^ ^ I'm sure the UA suites will impress you.

The ultimate tommy777 travel months June - July starts with an exciting OSL-TRD-OSL on Monday, a little more little more exciting OSL-ARN-OSL on Thursday. I'm NOT looking forward to my US Air ventures.... Have 6 trips to the US from June 22nd to August 20th.... 3 on US Air, 2 on UA and 1 on SK in Y+ ^ I will start with the worst ones first and work my way up from there!
Tommy, what do I have to do to get a CR1 from you?

After travelling on intercont C every 4-5 weeks I'm stuck travelling across N.America in NW's grubby Y in a mix of reaaaaaly ancient DC9 and brand new A319 aircraft. Will try to catch up with a hop across the pond in two weeks in SK and a side tour to my mother in CCU from Europe in a LH/AC/LX combo.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
HEL is cheaper than OSL.
And warmer too...
Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Tommy, what do I have to do to get a CR1 from you?

Ask nicely and have a POSITIVE attitute towards UA
Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask nicely and have a POSITIVE attitute towards UA
Naaah... I'll treat you for a beer in Chicago, OK? your pick of bar!
Old Jun 11, 2006, 4:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Swedish soccer team tied 0-0 with Trinidad & Tobago.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 5:27 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Swedish soccer team tied 0-0 with Trinidad & Tobago.
And a huge disappointment that was !
But there is still hope, and maybe Trinidad/Tobago can play tricks with the other teams as well.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Naaah... I'll treat you for a beer in Chicago, OK? your pick of bar!
Anytime!
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:47 pm
KRS

Lounge at KEF?

Anyone know if there is lounge access at KEF travelling on SAS?

Last I checked a Saga lounge was listed but I assume that is the Icelandair lounge, and now i cannot find it mentioned on scandinavian.net.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Im currently in the SQ First Class lounge in TPE - they are remodeling the Raffles Class lounge so I got into the nicer one. They even got two small bedrooms here to relax between the flights.

My colleague is flying TPE-BKK-AMS-CPH on CI in Y five hours later this evening and he's pretty happy with SQ F lounge access!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.