Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It's rather easy to figure out the good weather days and when people in Scandinavia are off on holiday. (Even less activity here than normal.)
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Can we get some off-the-record hints on the point bargains for this month? Or will they be published as usual?
Old Apr 15, 2006, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I think im spending too much time on this frequent flyer stuff. I woke up last night thinking I had fallen asleep in the lounge and missed my CX flight out of HKG
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:17 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's rather easy to figure out the good weather days and when people in Scandinavia are off on holiday. (Even less activity here than normal.)
What do you mean less activity than normal?!?!

And anyways, it is easter, 10 days of vacation "at home" in the sun! Playing golf till my wrists and back hurts...
Old Apr 15, 2006, 6:25 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Great start of the Easter celebration, well done *A!

Indeed, HAPPY EASTER to everyone!!

I also have a little bit of vacation "at home" (Sweden in this case...).

Had a lovely start of the Easter celebration yeasterday.
Did CDG-(BD)-LHR-(SK)-ARN.

At CDG the BMI check-in girl actually agreed to interline my luggage all the way to Stockholm, even though I had separate tickets. ^
As most people here probably know this is clearly against the BMI policy, I haven't heard any FTers succeeding before me, maybe it was my French op-up voice again... (too bad CDG-LHR is one class only, but the interlining I got )
Anyway, wonderful start of the day not having to bother about luggage at LHR and having three hours of "spare time" to enjoy the SQ Silverkris lounge and the SK London lounge which were both almost empty.
I also found out they hand out free WIFI vouchers in the SQ lounge valid for one hour of internet access (thanks to the really friendly bartender who noticed I tried to connect using my laptop and who got one for me).

Once at the gate at LHR there was a new boarding pass waiting for me.
Yup, op-up from P-class to C!!!! My third intra-European op-up this year.

Only three people in C (two rows) and one row of flex, so basically we had one FA serving seven passengers and who was really nice and friendly (actually the nicest crew I've had for a very long time).
Had a great flight with very attentive service and they gave me my favourite seat as well.
I was the first passenger of the plane at ARN and once at the baggage reclaim the delivery started immediately and the priority tags actually worked!!!

Needless to say, an excellent start of the Easter celebration and a great day with Star Alliance. Well done!!! ^

Last edited by jacob_m; Apr 15, 2006 at 6:43 am
Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:01 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jacob_m
Had a lovely start of the Easter celebration yeasterday.
Did CDG-(BD)-LHR-(SK)-ARN.

At CDG the BMI check-in girl actually agreed to interline my luggage all the way to Stockholm, even though I had separate tickets. ^
Hmm. What on earth would make a man fly CDG-LHR-ARN? You know they fly CDG-ARN right? They even sell one-ways these days (actually a really nice thing)!

As for BD at CDG; isn't it Aviapartner that still does the check-in? Generally not the brightest bunch. At the rate that BD changes rules and regulations and service levels I am quite certain that your average check-in clerk won't be able to keep up. And this is also where the handling-agent attitude kicks in... it is easy for them to do AND they don't ever get to see the cost if your luggage doesn't make it.

I flew for some time NCE-(AF)-CDG-(BD)-LBA. Sometimes with luggage, which generally was ok. Air France in NCE would check the bag, apologize for not being able to print a boarding pass for the CDG-LBA leg, and give me the NCE-CDG one. If things were on time I would arrive in CDG T1 about an hour before departure, go to check-in, register my already checked bag and retrieve the boarding pass. No fuzz. Never.

Then one day the luggage missed its connection, and all hell broke loose. Aviance (BD handling agent at LBA) had a less positive view of the world, and even though they would ensure the bag got to LBA it would be out of the question for them to actually deliver the bag downtown Leeds. Njet. Did I not know that I had a too short connection? Did I not know that it was not legal to check the bag like this?! (Eh, AF checked it and BD in Paris allowed it to be registered as a connecting bag, no limited release! Where was my fault you said?) A call to Donnington Castle later Customer Relations ensured that the bag WAS delivered at the office, but only with a warning "do not try this again"...

And regarding the op-up... you mustn't drink so much champagne... op'ups like this doesn't happen that frequently....

Happy easter!
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:05 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by larsll
Hmm. What on earth would make a man fly CDG-LHR-ARN? You know they fly CDG-ARN right?
CDG-ARN, hmmm, there is something familiar about that route...
Seriously, all nonstop flights CDG-ARN (and via CPH) have been fully-booked/almost fully-booked for at least three weeks.
Not being very tempted to buy a fully flexible Y-ticket or a C-ticket just to go and celebrate Easter with relatives I looked at alternatives and BD+SK via LHR worked out quite well (flights still wide-open and not that expensive either).
LHR-ARN was Ł108 incl taxes booked in Q. So there you have the reason...

I'm quite sure it's GlobeGround at CDG.
At least it's printed Globeground on the baggage tag, and I think I have seen nametags saying Globeground as well, but I'm not 100% sure.
Regarding interlining I know other people who have tried at CDG before without success, after all the policy has been in place for almost a year now.

Well C-class on SAS isn't by any means spectacular (within Europe), but on a fully-booked flight the evening before Easter with a P-class starting at row 4 I can imagine just how cramped it must have been at the back.
So thanks SAS, and do keep the op-ups coming...
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by jacob_m
Well C-class on SAS isn't by any means spectacular (within Europe), but on a fully-booked flight the evening before Easter with a P-class starting at row 4 I can imagine just how cramped it must have been at the back. So thanks SAS, and do keep the op-ups coming...
Yes. Rub it in. I had the pleasure of flying P-class OSL-NCE on a CRTNO ticket. Let's see how SK deals with the invol reroute and downgrade(Swears subtly about strike, tourists and all that...) My aim is to recoup the difference between SNOFLEX (original booking class) and CRTNO.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Interlining I: checked in for MUC CPH ORD DTW today and since I'm slowly relocating to the US I used the 3 piece á 32 KG rule to the full for the first time today. The LH GA quickly reached for the summary of the new luggage guidelines (link) but couldn't find the rule that SEN/EBGs are allowed three pieces. Some frowning later she just went ahead and booked them in thru to the final destination, even though ORD DTW is in Y on UA on a separate ticket.

Interlining II: US is offering 3390 SEK fares ARN to DTW that allow any carrier to the gateway that US departs from in europe:

FARE BASIS CODE
WH0APW

QTE F/B BK FARE EFF EXP TKT AP MIN/MAX RTG
1 - WH0APW W R 362.00 - - - ?? SUN/ 1M AT01

AT01 /VIA THE ATLANTIC/
STO-YY-MUC/FRA-BOS-PHL-US/HP-WAS/BWI-US/HP-PIT/CLT-US/HP-
DTT
STO-YY-SNN/PAR/MAN/LON/GLA/DUB/BRU/AMS-PHL-US/HP-WAS/BWI-
US/HP-PIT/CLT-US/HP-DTT
STO-YY-MUC/FRA-BOS-CLT-US/HP-DTT
STO-YY-LON-CLT-US/HP-DTT
STO-YY-MUC/FRA-BOS-PHL-US/HP-CHI-DTT
STO-YY-SNN/PAR/MAN/LON/GLA/DUB/BRU/AMS-PHL-US/HP-CHI-DTT
YY MEANS ANY CARRIERS NONSTOP/DIRECT SERVICE

I would love to see the face of a AF/KL/BA agent if you ask them to check thru you luggage on such a ticket or routing. Nevermind that US will loose you luggage on the USA legs anyway
Old Apr 16, 2006, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
FARE BASIS CODE WH0APW
Not sure if it was on purpose, but this is quite a whoa fare!
Old Apr 18, 2006, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
OT: SM-Final

SM-Guld

till

Färjestad!!!!!!!

^ ^ ^

Just wanted to share my joy...
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I mentioned my problems with LX on the DAR-ZRH route and the following milage run. Posted pictures of it today (lounge, food, a/c):

http://www.bjornstrom.se/index.php/africa2006/
Old Apr 23, 2006, 1:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
To fly SAS or not -- to New York -- that is the question.

'Stateless American' found on raft puzzles Sweden

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- Swedish authorities Saturday are investigating how a man calling himself a "stateless American" ended up floating on a raft of oil barrels and wood planks in the waters between Denmark and Norway.

The man -- who carried no identification, spoke perfect English and said his name was George Williams -- was found by a Norwegian oil tanker Friday morning, floating in the Skagerak sea on a raft of four oil barrels held together by a frame of wooden planks.

He told police he had been thrown from a ship several days earlier and now wanted to go to New York, but offered little further information.

"If he was thrown off a ship, they must have thrown off the raft for him to sit on as well, so I don't know," Swedish marine police spokesman Bengt Albinsson said. "We are trying to figure out the circumstances, but we will have to see how much he wants to tell us."

The man claimed to be a "stateless American" born in Cape Town, South Africa, in 1959, police spokesman Thomas Fuxborg told the newspaper Dagens Nyheter.

"He says he has lived for a long time in the USA, but does not want to say where," Fuxborg said. "He has worked in Europe, but does not want to say where and with what. He is not seeking asylum in Sweden but wants to go to New York."

He will be held in police custody until Monday, when authorities will contact the U.S. Embassy to try to confirm his identity, Fuxborg said.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...ion=cnn_latest
Old Apr 24, 2006, 6:25 am

Not needing it’s own thread I’ll post here.

I have an upcoming trip ARN-SLC and haven’t done that before. What would be the best, going through ORD or EWR? Or perhaps even CPH-SEA?

Regards,

anbrand
Old Apr 24, 2006, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by anbrand
Not needing it’s own thread I’ll post here.

I have an upcoming trip ARN-SLC and haven’t done that before. What would be the best, going through ORD or EWR? Or perhaps even CPH-SEA?

Regards,

anbrand
I would no doubt go ARN-ORD-SLC (and since you go SK I asume price is not a concern of yours )
1) Long leg on SK (with added Gold bonus)
2) Short domestic leg
3) UA domestic leg (e+ seating) - and EB basic points
4) Reasonable immigration and connection in ORD

EWR is not a good option as none of the above is valid for EWR. Plus you have 2˝ hour min connect time (international to domestic), TSA service (and everything else) is crap and immigration can take a looooooong time.

CPH-SEA is not an option either as you will not be able to catch a same day flight SEA-SLC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.