Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Are we then still earning basic points on regular tickets after upgrading with points via plusgrade ? (Have not used it for some time, but intend to start using soon).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK2751
Are we then still earning basic points on regular tickets after upgrading with points via plusgrade ? (Have not used it for some time, but intend to start using soon).
As of 1st of April I had upgraded, yes points for the upgraded booking class.

I don't think that is going to change, even if they added the option to upgrade X and F booking classes.. It surely must be relatively easy to let X upgrade to F or I, and F to I. Instead of A and Z.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Not sure if others have noticed this as well but I am having much better luck with upgrades using points via plusgrade then with cash! Of course the 30% alledged EBD bonus may be helping too but I have cleared most of my upgrades lately.

Even on flights that are super empty in all cabins, which previously did not work out well for me...
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Just had my offer of 40,500 points from Go > Business accepted on CPH-NRT. Feeling pretty happy with that as I was on a very cheap SAS Go Youth ticket!

The lowest I could bid, if I remember, was around 35,000 but I felt a bit nervous about being rejected.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Apologies if this has been answered upthread.

Is it possible to upgrade other people, when you're not yourself travelling on the booking?

Have some bonus points expiring and wonder if I can use them for an upgrade on a family member travelling on a seperate booking...

TIA
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Apologies if this has been answered upthread.

Is it possible to upgrade other people, when you're not yourself travelling on the booking?

Have some bonus points expiring and wonder if I can use them for an upgrade on a family member travelling on a seperate booking...

TIA
Yes. If the person is the only one in the booking then it is easy since the only limitation is that all passengers in a booking need to be upgraded together.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:16 am

was the plus to business summer upgrade deal pulled, not seing it on the link reffered to above only go to plus is shown.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Mogensen
was the plus to business summer upgrade deal pulled, not seing it on the link reffered to above only go to plus is shown.
At least it is still there on sas.se. Note that the campaign is only for flights until 11th August.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:17 pm

LAX to ARN at end of August... booked flight on Plus...any ideas how much it would cost to get to business? Minimum bid is $395 and I put in $450. Is my offer too low? There are currently 10 business class seats left.

Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold (*A), AF Gold (ST), HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hi Everyone, thanks for all the data points shared.

Quick question here, sorry if it has been answered before. I am considering an upgrade for HKG to CPH, starting at 2000 SEK. The only thing preventing me from bidding is this specific line in T&C :

Points earned on an upgrade are EuroBonus points. When you are upgraded, you cannot earn points from any other frequent flyer programs, even if another loyalty program membership number is assigned to your original reservation.
Terms and Conditions from August 2018 : https://www.flysas.com/content/dam/s...-en-201808.pdf

Has anyone successfully claimed Z-fare miles in the past weeks (since begining of August?)

Thanks!

Ben
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:32 am

Well, that specific clause was in the T&Cs since the beginning and as far as I heard, there was never a problem getting the upgraded booking class credited other *A FFPs.

But obviously nobody here can guarantee it...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: A3 Gold (*A), AF Gold (ST), HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks fassy!

Just searched a bit deeper in this thread and indeed (starting from the top this time), I just noticed ppl mentioning it around page 13. I guess got sceptical when I saw the date of the T&C posted on the SAS website and nothing mentioned in the wiki.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:02 am

I have 170K points which are about to expire, but am unsure of what to do with them.

Ideally I would book 2 business class award tickets to the US (assuming I could get hold of the remaining 30k points), but unfortunately I-class availability is very dire on my preferred dates.

My suggestion instead is to buy 2 Go-tickets and place an upgrade placing the max bid, effectively purchasing biz-class through Plusgrade. I seem to remember this is possible on intra-eu flights bidding the max 10k points. The point is to make use of the points immediately before they expire and as a side note pay the taxes i would pay anyway through my initial ticket purchase.

Is this strategy feasible?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly
Is this strategy feasible?
You have to try. Yes, there is SOMETIMES a confirmed upgrade option in Plusgrade even for long haul flights, but usually that will be calculated as difference in price for you Go-ticket to the cheapest available Business Saver ticket in $ and then translated into EuroBonus points. So, in most cases very expensive and unattractive. And, as said, Plusgrade only sometimes offer a confirmed upgrade. Not sure what triggers it...

you could book the Go-Ticket and the try the Plusgrade. If it does not show an instant confirmed upgrade option or it is too expensive cancel the whole ticket within the 24hrs for free

Better and more reliable would be to buy "best availability tickets" for points+cash.

Last edited by fassy; Aug 9, 2018 at 7:35 am Reason: typos
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:37 am

Thanks, I'll give it a go and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.