Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
You earn in the upgraded booking class. I can confirm this for United Mileage Plus.
1. Does that also apply when upgrading with Eurobonus Points with Plusgrade?
2. Does that also apply when upgrading with Eurobonus Points at Airport?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by mrgreen
points or cash should make no difference, the ticket will be changed in the same way.
Upgrades at airport for both cash and points doesn't affect the amount of points you'll get. So you'll get points from original booking class
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:35 am

thx for the information! this stuff is pure value and should be added to the wiki
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1P

Not sure about any of that. My only experience is with a cash upgrade not done at the airport.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
IAD-CPH Plus->C, 480 USD, offer accepted around the T-47 hours mark.

It was so many months ago I don't remember for sure, but I think I bid the minimum or recommend amount.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, CO Gold
SK935 CPH-SFO 28DEC upgrade from Y (Plus) to C:

Minimum bid for an upgrade was around $375-400 when I checked a few months ago. Randomly checked the site three days before departure and found that the minimum bid had dropped to $220. I put in a request at $225, which cleared at T-46h. Presumably the flight was oversold in the back (there was at least one op-up to Biz on this flight, based on the sight of an excited young lady in a seat that had shown as available on the seat map two days earlier). The miles posted as Z class in UA MP.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:53 am

SK939 ARN-LAX on Jan 11 upgraded from Plus to Business.

Submitted allowed minimum of 400 euros on Jan 8 evening and got message on Jan 9 noon (Finland time) that I was upgraded. Managed to get last window seat and only two open seats in business left.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by mellimies
Managed to get last window seat and only two open seats in business left.
Well done! SAS will release some row 1 seat/s on early OLCI, try your luck there. Row 1 window is good seat, more legroom and no toilet in front. 1H is blocked if pax with infant appears (so far very unlikely).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:06 am
Evr

1. Yes, as far as i understand no distinction is made whether upgrade is with points or cash: "The new ticket class of the upgrade applies as the basis for earning points. "

2. No: "The original ticket class applies as the basis for earning points."

See the three different sections in https://www.sas.se/upload/travel_inf...rade-tc-sv.pdf.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Had PG upgrade from M to C both ways on my recent US-trip. Bid $900 CPH-ORD and 1.050 SFO-CPH. The last had showed 4 C-seats left a couple a weeks in advance.

Sorry for inflating the bids, but I was a bit desperate to get up front.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Question for those that use PG and Corporate Travel Agents. My wife is doing a 3 month project with twice a month travel to PDX. The obvious routing is ARN-ORD-PDX and back, she's flying AS on the ORD-PDX leg. For some reason the client has booked 3 out of the 6 trips using a CTA and she had to get the other 3 flights herself and expense them. Everything is booked in Plus.

It appears that SAS's PG isn't working on any of the CTA tickets, the page just gives an error and nothing loads. When we pull up one of her own tickets, it works fine.

EDIT: Just to add, PG can't retrieve any of the itineraries booked by the CTA. All of them just give an error so it appears to be a systems problem somewhere. We called SAS but they couldn't provide any useful advice (as usual).

Any clue/tips?

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Jan 10, 2017 at 6:09 am
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Well done! SAS will release some row 1 seat/s on early OLCI, try your luck there. Row 1 window is good seat, more legroom and no toilet in front. 1H is blocked if pax with infant appears (so far very unlikely).
Seat map was identical for OLCI as it was when I got the upgrade message: currently only two available seats in business so no chance to better seat but 7A will be fine, it's my first time in business for long-haul flight so really looking forward to it
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
It appears that SAS's PG isn't working on any of the CTA tickets, the page just gives an error and nothing loads. When we pull up one of her own tickets, it works fine.

EDIT: Just to add, PG can't retrieve any of the itineraries booked by the CTA. All of them just give an error so it appears to be a systems problem somewhere. We called SAS but they couldn't provide any useful advice (as usual).

Any clue/tips?
1) Most probably the record locator is not the SK PNR but an internal one for the CTA.
2) The flights have not been ticketed yet.

PG worked fine for me even on tickets booked trough cheap OTAs or CTAs.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
She has the flights in the App and they can be retrieved through the website. The data from the CTA contains the 117 ticket number and booking reference. Everything but Plusgrade works and looks fine. The flights where also booked back in December.

When entering the lastname and booking reference for Plusgrade, it simply displays a white page with:

There was an error.
Which is not much to act on.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:27 am

Ok, so we just solved it. It is still broken for all these 3 flights using a regular laptop but she could upgrade them just fine using her iPhone and what appears the mobile version of Plusgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.