Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Got the 936 upgrade! Now waiting for the 935 one ;-)
Cool. To plus or biz?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mjoellnir
Cool. To plus or biz?
I was booked in Plus so upgrade is to Biz! Great deal for $240.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: BA (Gold), A3 (Gold), Hilton (Gold), Priority Club (Plat)
Anyone know what my chances of an upgrade might be? I haven't even been able to apply for one yet. Two people travelling, we are in Plus at the moment and hoping to upgrade to business. Thanks.

1st Sept - SFO - CPH
16th Sept - CPH - SFO
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by shanny71
Anyone know what my chances of an upgrade might be? I haven't even been able to apply for one yet. Two people travelling, we are in Plus at the moment and hoping to upgrade to business. Thanks.

1st Sept - SFO - CPH
16th Sept - CPH - SFO
I would say it is way to early to say. Both plus and biz have many free seats still.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:52 am

I would say it is way to early to say. Both plus and biz have many free seats still.
How far out can you usually apply for one? I booked my tickets in June but optiontown still doesn't allow me to apply in case they come up.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)

1st Sept - SFO - CPH
16th Sept - CPH - SFO
You can see for yourself on flightstats. Here is a link for 1st Sept. and for 16th Sept.

Look for when E,H,M and Q class start getting less than 9. The closer to 0 they get, the better chance you have for an upgrade. Plenty of room in the back of the bus normally means no upgrade, even when you are in Plus.

How far out can you usually apply for one? I booked my tickets in June but optiontown still doesn't allow me to apply in case they come up.
It is not possible to use OT for a bonus trip. If you paid for the tickets and they are issued by SAS (117-xxx), then contact OT as you should be able to apply for an upgrade.

Last edited by gakke; Aug 2, 2014 at 11:06 am
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:07 am

"It is not possible to use OT for a bonus trip. If you paid for the tickets and they are issued by SAS (117-xxx), then contact OT as you should be able to apply for an upgrade".

It is not a bonus flight, but I did book the flight on a third party site. I contacted optiontown but they just said there are no upgrades available, but I thought I would still be able to apply in case they come up. I guess not.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:33 am

Update on my flight in 9 days..
C5 D5 Z5 R0 J0 Y6 S4 B0 P0 A0 E4 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0

Economy is full but plus and business starts to fill up too.. and I guess it all depends on how many seats are left in those.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:45 pm

Update on my flight in 9 days..
C5 D5 Z5 R0 J0 Y6 S4 B0 P0 A0 E4 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0

Economy is full but plus and business starts to fill up too.. and I guess it all depends on how many seats are left in those.
I got my upgrade to Z
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, Miles and More, Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Upgrade

Update: I got my upgrade EWR-ARN, and it was lovely I didn't upgrade my return flight and ended up regretting it. I think I'll keep flying SAS and going through OT, I had no problems whatsoever.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: EBG, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Elite
The best OT strategy for my flights?

Hi

On my last IC flight with SK (CPH-SFO), I was sucessfuly upgraded to PLUS through OT both ways. However now, I am looking into getting to IND from 21. to 26. Sept. And from what I see, my chances of OT to PLUS are quite slim, at least on my outbound flight. I have booket SK 925 and UA 3742, changing in IAD. And returning on UA 5975 and SK 944, changing in ORD.

This is what ExpertFlyer comes back with:
SK 925: C2 D0 Z0 R0 J0 Y8 S3 B0 P0 A0 E9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G9 N0
SK 944: C9 D9 Z6 R0 J0 Y9 S9 B5 P0 A0 E9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U9 K9 L0 T0 O0 G9 N0

SK 925 doesn't look to good, and SK 944 also seems to be filling up. I have booked these routes in GO Flex, so I can change it to something else, but options seem quite bad for outbound. What strategy would you recommend?
Currently I have only requested OT to PLUS for both connections.

Thanks for your help and advice.
Brgds
llunow

Last edited by llunow; Aug 31, 2014 at 12:25 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:15 am

OT upgrade to business SFO - CPO

Hi! Flying from SF to CPO on 27.10.14(SK936). Requested Upgrade on OT to business today. Expertflyer data:

C/9 D/9 Z/9 J/0 Y/9 S/9 B/9 P/0 A/0 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 W/9 U/9 K/9 L/9 T/9 O/0 G/

Have not done this before, anyone who can say something about Our chanses?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:20 am

Looks pretty open, so slim chance for an OT upgrade but a) still some time to go and b) if you are a first time customer it could be they will upgrade you even if the economy cabin is not fully booked
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Originally Posted by superthomas
Hi! Flying from SF to CPO on 27.10.14(SK936). Requested Upgrade on OT to business today. Expertflyer data:

C/9 D/9 Z/9 J/0 Y/9 S/9 B/9 P/0 A/0 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 W/9 U/9 K/9 L/9 T/9 O/0 G/

Have not done this before, anyone who can say something about Our chanses?
Hi Thomas,

Stolen from gakke further up:

Look for when E,H,M and Q class start getting less than 9. The closer to 0 they get, the better chance you have for an upgrade. Plenty of room in the back of the bus normally means no upgrade, even when you are in Plus.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:40 pm

Best time to buy upgrade and price

Hello folks,

I've tried optiontown once, and got upgraded to SAS Plus on OSL-EWR. Very happy and everything worked perfectly.

However, I'm flying EWR-OSL on the 20. December, and the price for SAS Business is 500 euros, which I find a bit expensive. So, to my question: does anyone have any experience on how long before your flight you should purchase optiontown? Any experience on price on upgrade to Business on OSL-EWR-OSL?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.