Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:50 am

Warning regarding: Rebooking/Cancelling flights upgraded through OptionTown

Hi all,

just had a quite bizarre experience with OptionTown, SAS and my TA.

I had a trip booked CPH-FRA-GRZ-VIE-CPH with the first leg on SK, the rest on LH and OS. The ticket was 117 SK ticket stock.

I upgraded the first leg to Plus using OptionTown which resulted in getting a new e-Ticket from SAS.

So, far so good.

Now my customer called me the day before travel and cancelled the meeting. We agreed on a new date and I went along to talk to my TA on either rebooking the ticket or cancelling it and buy a new one - whatever comes cheaper in the end.

As already thought my TA could not modify the booking anymore since SK exchanged the e-Ticket and blocked the TA's access. They told me that I will need to speak to SK.

So, I called SK and tried to either cancel or rebook the ticket. First reaction: "You booked trough a TA, you will need to talk to them". I explained that I already did that and that they can't do anything since SK/OptionTown exchanged the ticket and put a lock on it. The agent put me on hold to speak to a supervisor and came back a couple of minutes later with "Sorry, i can't do anything on this ticket. I cannot cancel or modify it either". another 15 minutes of arguing around didn't help a bit. The ticket stayed locked, unchangeable and will just expire when I do not show up.

I was pretty pissed but in the end I accepted to just be a no-show and went on with my evening. Funny enough the next day I saw in my SAS app that the return leg on OS was still showing up as "my next trip".

I thought since I missed the outbound SK will of course cancel the full ticket but it seems they did not - probably since they also could not access the ticket either

I called OS to confirm the reservation and ticket is still valid and in fact they told me "Yes, sure... you can come to the airport in GRZ tonight and fly home". Ok, I would need to go to GRZ first, but that is not the point.

Point of the story:
Be careful upgrading your flights thourgh OptionTown if there is a slight chance you need to modify it after the upgrade was confirmed and the new e-Ticket has been issued.

fassy
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
These are examples why I avoid using Optiontown or OTAs as much as possible even if I sometimes may use them.

Interestingly, I have seen the same regarding cancelled flights, they still show up on my SAS App as if I could fly them (never dared to try sneak in )
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:45 am

No OTA on my side, a pretty capable Corporate TA and the phone agent really knew what she was doing.

I wonder if SK could have modified the ticket if I had bought it with them and did the same. I have the feeling that OptionTown might be the blocking party here and holding the lock on the ticket.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The optiontown details say that you need to contact uTo for changes to the ticket. They have the control over the coupon... including restoring it to the previous state!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:19 am

Hmm, interessting - did not see that note. So, OptionTown hijacks the full ticket even though they should just care about 1 segment?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

OptionTown booking classes after Jan 1st

Hi SK peeps,

I have a sneaking suspicion OT upgrades won't credit the points of the upgraded class after Jan 1st. Can anyone confirm or debunk?

My last answer from SAS Chat was a reference to the website ... he even quoted the old text "but as you can see, you get 200% points with OptionTown". I had to tell him that certainly isn't always true after Jan 1st
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:02 pm
ekf

Originally Posted by CKCPH
I have a sneaking suspicion OT upgrades won't credit the points of the upgraded class after Jan 1st. Can anyone confirm or debunk?
I flew in Nordics this weekend, upgraded with Optiontown from O to A and got credited 750 points instead of 250.
As I booked and purchased the upgrade request before nov 27, I will of course send a request for the full 1000 points that I expected when I applied for OT though, will be interesting to see how that turns out as OT cleared after jan 1.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: SAS EBS
Originally Posted by ekf
I flew in Nordics this weekend, upgraded with Optiontown from O to A and got credited 750 points instead of 250.
As I booked and purchased the upgrade request before nov 27, I will of course send a request for the full 1000 points that I expected when I applied for OT though, will be interesting to see how that turns out as OT cleared after jan 1.
I'd be interested in reading the outcome of your request, as I'll be in a similar situation later this year.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
Those of you who have had sucessfull Optiontown upgrades after Jan 1st, could you please confirm which ticket class (not cabin) you were upgraded to.

If I am not mistaken, Plus cabin was always B and Business cabin was always Z; At least for the Intercontinental flights.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I updated the wiki with the rules wef 14DEC last week:

Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
Originally Posted by Smokingbread
Those of you who have had sucessfull Optiontown upgrades after Jan 1st, could you please confirm which ticket class (not cabin) you were upgraded to.

If I am not mistaken, Plus cabin was always B and Business cabin was always Z; At least for the Intercontinental flights.
Flew CPH EWR on Dec 25. Got upgraded to Z with optiontown and got 7800 Points
Fler EWR- CPH on Jan 1. Got Upgraded to Z with optiontown and got 6000 points.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Just signed up with OT for some short haul work. Paid 30 euro per leg plus 1 euro for administration. Will be exciting to see if it goes through.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by wazow
I booked an itinerary on united via ZRH to CPH, with the last leg on SK. Mostly for fun I asked for OT on the SK leg when the intra-Europe OT became possible. OT accepted the bid.

Now I had to rebook the united connection a few days earlier [...]

What happens to my OT bid now? The PNR has not changed. Will I be refunded? Should I bid again, if I wanted to play the game?

EDIT: I should have mentioned that my new booking also has an SK leg as the last leg, but via a different airport in Europe.
So I just completed this itinerary. I got an economy boarding pass from united for the SK leg, and nobody questioned in Frankfurt. No email from OT either. So my first ever attempt to use them, and not cleared.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:28 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
SFO-CPH January 25- just got an email the upgrade from Go to Plus did not go through. Guess I will have to use points (if available)
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by wazow
So I just completed this itinerary. I got an economy boarding pass from united for the SK leg, and nobody questioned in Frankfurt. No email from OT either. So my first ever attempt to use them, and not cleared.
An email from option town cam today (on the original travel date, before the change), with the original itinerary via ZRH not via FRA. So it seems that in case of changes, OT is not informed of them. At least if the change is made by UA....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.