Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:48 am

Wasn't P a Plus/Eco Extra Award booking class before? If SAS has changed it to a revenue booking class perhaps OT doesn't know about this?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Wasn't P a Plus/Eco Extra Award booking class before? If SAS has changed it to a revenue booking class perhaps OT doesn't know about this?
You may have a point, and the continued inability to book award Plus intercontinental would probably be linked to the same change.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance, Miles and More, Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Upgrading on Optiontown

Hi,
I purchased a RT ticket from EWR to Europe on SAS for the end of August on Kayak.com. I paid for an economy class ticket, and then decided to upgrade my EWR-ARN flight.
Since it was SAS I had to go through Optiontown and select that I wanted either business class or economy plus. I selected both options and paid the fee.

How likely is it that I'll receive the upgrade to business class?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
P-class on *A usually means business class. Not sure what it is on SK - should be the same.

You might want to try assigning a seat online and check which cabin the system is assigning to you.
It's definitely a Plus ticket, but I can't do anything on the SAS website except to print/email the itinerary. Had to call in for seats, FF#, and meals. The special meals aren't showing up anywhere (SAS or Check My Trip), but that's a different issue altogether...

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
P is a plus booking class, so that should be OK. Is this for intercontinental or European flights? OT is only available for long haul flights. Also, there are is restriction on Tokyo to Copenhagen wich unavailable for OT, but that is the only restriction I have heard of. Maybe it is not the route but just the specific flights that you are on.
It's a TATL with intra-Europe segments, so the long-hauls should be upgradeable.

Originally Posted by fassy
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You may have a point, and the continued inability to book award Plus intercontinental would probably be linked to the same change.
Hmm... Interesting. That could be an explanation. I also wonder if my ticket is a consolidator/bulk (it wouldn't surprise me if it was), so perhaps that could be the problem.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:15 pm

depends on how full the different classes are.. and there are other secrets nobody knows about.. shortly: you'll never know until OT email you
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA (Gold), A3 (Gold), Hilton (Gold), Priority Club (Plat)
I have the same issue. Flying SFO to CPH in September in SAS Plus. Optiontown is saying UTo to business not available either outbound or return. I emailed them and they just said no availability. Was hoping to upgrade on the way out as it is an overnight flight. I've been checking constantly for the past month.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:10 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Welcome to FT svensdottir!

Do you have the exact date you will be flying. While not an exact guide, one can get a rough idea by looking at how many seats are available.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:04 pm

Optiontown upgrade

Hi, thank you for the reply!

I'm flying out 8/23.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:05 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
While difficult to say with exact certainty, svensdottir, if you are flying SK904 EWR - ARN on 23/8 then chances of an upgrade a reasonable.

SK904 EWR-ARN 23/8 (From EF)
C9 D9 Z6 R0 J0 Y9 S9 B0 P0 A0 E8 M7 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0

Looks like Go is approaching or already oversold, plus and business appear wide open. Depends on how sales progress in the next few weeks, but at this stage it is looking reasonable.

If an upgrade is allowed, unsure how SK determine whether the upgrade is into Plus or Business. Can't give any guidance on that, sorry.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:12 am

Thank you

Thanks, I guess we'll wait and see!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:52 am

How would you rate my chances for an upgrade here?
16th of august 907 : C9 D9 Z9 R0 J0 Y9 S9 B2 P0 A0 E9 M2 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0
some days later 908 : C9 D9 Z9 R0 J0 Y9 S9 B9 P0 A0 E9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U0 K5 L5 T1 O0 G6 N0
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:09 am

Pretty good on 907, not very promising on 908.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:12 pm

Taking SAS 936 from SFO-CPH on August 2nd and SAS 935 from CPH-SFO on August 8th. How can I tell how good my upgrade chances are?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Taking SAS 936 from SFO-CPH on August 2nd and SAS 935 from CPH-SFO on August 8th. How can I tell how good my upgrade chances are?
I am no expert, but from the Expertflyer data:

936:
C8 D8 Z0 R0 J0 Y9 S7 B0 P0 A0 E4 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0
The flight is more or less full.. The seatmap shows that many seats are blocked in biz and plus, so you might be upgraded if those are released. Go is fully booked and probably overbooked, so I would say there is a chance.

935:
C9 D9 Z3 R0 J0 Y9 S9 B0 P0 A0 E7 M1 H1 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0
Biz has a few available, plus is sold out wile there still are some free in Go.. Might be harder here..
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:33 am

Got the 936 upgrade! Now waiting for the 935 one ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.