Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:53 pm

Hi Folks:

Anyone can kindly help to check SK997 for 1st March to Shanghai? Is it worth to get the upgrade using optiontown and what is the chance like?

Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by smparepo
hi folks:

Anyone can kindly help to check sk997 for 1st march to shanghai? Is it worth to get the upgrade using optiontown and what is the chance like?

Thanks
sk997 01/03/13 cph-pvg 343:
A0 c7 d7 j7 z0 r0 y9 s9 b0 e9 m9 h9 q0 v0 w0 u0 k0 l0 t0 g9 n0
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: EBG, OZ*G, FB Gold
Children and infants

Hi all

Does anyone know if, or to what extent, traveling with kids and/or infants affects the chances of Optiontown upgrades? I would somewhat expect that the airline has an interest in keeping small children out of the premium cabins, and also that bassinet allocations might cause issues, but does it mean being completely excluded or mayby just being sent down the priority list? How about the impact on potential points upgrades or op-ups?

More specifically I am looking at a fairly full CPH-BKK r/t with two adults (one EBG and one *G), a child and a lap infant.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Have an upcoming flight in a week CPH-BKK. Seems like Eco is close to full or perhaps oversold? Comments?

A0 C8 D8 J8 Z0 R0 Y8 S4 B0 E4 M4 H4 Q3 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 G3 N0

Edit: Upgraded several days in advance. Both confirmation from SAS and OT in mail

Last edited by Insomnia4u; Mar 11, 2013 at 6:10 am
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:22 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flizart
More specifically I am looking at a fairly full CPH-BKK r/t with two adults (one EBG and one *G), a child and a lap infant.
Never had specific experience with SK, but in general with other airlines most special requests, ie special meals, or kids, will kill any chance of an op-up.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:43 am

Hi all

Does anyone know if, or to what extent, traveling with kids and/or infants affects the chances of Optiontown upgrades? I would somewhat expect that the airline has an interest in keeping small children out of the premium cabins, and also that bassinet allocations might cause issues, but does it mean being completely excluded or mayby just being sent down the priority list? How about the impact on potential points upgrades or op-ups?

Thanks in advance.
Succeeded in getting to kids in to Biz via optiontown on CPH-BKK last year. Have early done point upgrades with both kids and infants.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Hi all

Thanks in advance.
It should be no different than requesting upgrades for 3 people (including your child). It is harder to get an upgrade to clear if you have many people. Other than that it shouldn't matter. This is for Optiontown. I am not sure how OT works, whether it's first come, first served. I seriously doubt that they consider status of passenger, booking class (apart from E vs. E-Extra), etc.

For op-ups you will have a disadvantage. This involves discretion by the gate agent. But 3 adults on one PNR will also have a disadvantage.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by THD
Never had specific experience with SK, but in general with other airlines most special requests, ie special meals, or kids, will kill any chance of an op-up.
Regarding upgrade w/special meals on SK, this is no longer a problem and has been ok for over a year. The only thing to remember is if OT upgrades you in advance, you have to call to SAS and request the special meal again.

If it is less than 24 hours before the flight and you recive the upgrade, they will move your meal from Y to C. Then again making in obvious whoŽs got the upgrade
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
Regarding upgrade w/special meals on SK, this is no longer a problem and has been ok for over a year. The only thing to remember is if OT upgrades you in advance, you have to call to SAS and request the special meal again.

If it is less than 24 hours before the flight and you recive the upgrade, they will move your meal from Y to C. Then again making in obvious whoŽs got the upgrade

Thanks for the update. My wife and I requested special meals and glad to know it won't jeopardize our chance for an upgrade.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Can someone be kind enough to check

SK936 on April 24 SFO-CPH
SK935 on April 28 CPH-SFO

Would like to know what my odd are before I jump into this.

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by snowed
Can someone be kind enough to check

SK936 on April 24 SFO-CPH
SK935 on April 28 CPH-SFO

Would like to know what my odd are before I jump into this.

Thanks!
According to Flightstats:

SK936 on April 24th:

A/0 C/9 D/9 J/9 Z/2 R/0 Y/9 S/9 B/9 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 W/9 U/9 K/9 L/9 T/9 G/9 N/0

SK935 on April 28th

A/0 C/9 D/9 J/9 Z/0 R/0 Y/9 S/9 B/9 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 W/9 U/9 K/9 L/9 T/9 G/9 N/0

Your flights look pretty light at the moment. Being me, I would go for it anyway and hope for the best. If the price is appropriate, of course.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: SK Gold
Puzzled

I signed up for an optiontown upgrade from Economy to Business on CPH-ORD. I only got the upgrade to Economy Extra, though, and consequently signed up for an upgrade with points from Economy Extra to Business on the SAS website. I got that. No complaints and happy to be travelling in Business. I am just wondering what the rationale behind this is.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by KroFlyer
According to Flightstats:

SK936 on April 24th:

A/0 C/9 D/9 J/9 Z/2 R/0 Y/9 S/9 B/9 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 W/9 U/9 K/9 L/9 T/9 G/9 N/0

SK935 on April 28th

A/0 C/9 D/9 J/9 Z/0 R/0 Y/9 S/9 B/9 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 W/9 U/9 K/9 L/9 T/9 G/9 N/0

Your flights look pretty light at the moment. Being me, I would go for it anyway and hope for the best. If the price is appropriate, of course.
Thanks!

Now the debate is doing the paid upgrade or using EF to see if I can get a StarAlliance upgrade using miles. Going to sign up for EF now.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I signed up for an optiontown upgrade from Economy to Business on CPH-ORD. I only got the upgrade to Economy Extra, though, and consequently signed up for an upgrade with points from Economy Extra to Business on the SAS website. I got that. No complaints and happy to be travelling in Business. I am just wondering what the rationale behind this is.
Economy to Business would be a double upgrade I think.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:06 am

Signed up for Economy to Extra and Economy to Biz on CPH-EWR on 16/4 (never received confirmation this early). Yesterday 4 days prior to departure Economy Extra confirmed. ^ Price was EUR 142.
Still awaiting on ORD-CPH on 20/4

Added on Apr 17:
ORD-CPH on on 20/4 cleared from Economy to Economy Extra. Price was EUR 144.
Nice to see that as soon as the upgrade was confirmed the bagagerules were also changed from 1 to 2 pieces - also on the initial leg SJC-ORD on AA. Nice.

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Mar 17, 2013 at 9:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.