Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Eurobonus
GinFizz, are you saying that you paid for the same upgrade in both money (OT) and points? Does not sound like a good deal to me!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:31 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by rumble
GinFizz, are you saying that you paid for the same upgrade in both money (OT) and points? Does not sound like a good deal to me!
GinnFizz states that OptionTown upgraded him, and that he received the points for paid business class (which one is supposed to get when using OT), and that SK did not deduct the points required for paying with points for the UG.

This corresponds to what SK Helpdesk told me: if both money and points are offeredm usually the money will be taken first!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:59 am

Still at 50% upgrade.
24. Nov. no upgrade CPH-BKK, Eco 2/3 full.
1. Jan upgrade from Eco to Z BKK-CPH. Eco full.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
Got also a updgrade from OT, both Y and Y+ with plenty of availability
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: BA, SK
People may already know this, but to me it was new (ok, I should have read the fine-print):

I've frequently tried to upgrade on SAS European flights through optiontown.com, but never managed to get it (I've been upgraded on AirBaltic flights in Europe). When enquiring about this to OptionTown Customer Service, I received the following response:

" We would like to advise you that currently UTo is only available on SAS inter-continental flights. Furthermore, UTo is dynamic, depends on several factors and may change at any time. We shall keep you informed if it becomes available."

Disappointing...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Did they allowed you to subscribe and charged for the service? pretty bad business practice, if they did.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
No, that's not how it works. Step one is to enter your PNR. If there is a possibility to upgrade, you pay €5 + (refundable) upgrade price. What fly12345 didn't realise is that for SK, it is a waste of time to visit the page and enter a PNR for anything else than longhaul, since only longhaul flights are upgradeable.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
good, I am relaxed
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:12 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
OT EB points post late

I am surprised that some people seem to get their points for Z class (the discounted business class that OT upgrades book into) so quickly. I haven't got mine, except by retroregistering. The points for ORD-CPH in the end of October posted just two days ago, two months after sending in the confrmation to Tallinn.

Last edited by ksu; Jan 12, 2013 at 9:48 am
Old Jan 12, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
Can someone please post availability on IAD-CPH 18th on Jan please?

Checked other flght from Flightstats, showed plenty of availability, but in the end flight was almost fully booked? Is Flightstats reliable source at all?

Ps. Got my latest OT-upgrade in full C instead of normal Z
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: SQ Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire RA
Quick update from GVA
My OT upgrade CPH-EWR for tomorrow 31st was not approved sadly
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: EBG
Approved, subject to availability??

For my flight tomorrow I used optiontown to upgrade and received this message just now in an email from optiontown:

Upgrade approved subject to availabili​ty. Please check status with SAS staff at Copenhagen airport. Optiontown
Has anyone had this experience before? And if so were you successful with getting upgraded?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:39 am

I have a eco flexible flight to EWR with Sas in June. If I sign up with Optiontown (upgrade to business), and prior to my flight I have to cancel, will Optiontown refund me?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by KroFlyer
For my flight tomorrow I used optiontown to upgrade and received this message just now in an email from optiontown:

Upgrade approved subject to availabili​ty. Please check status with SAS staff at Copenhagen airport. Optiontown
Has anyone had this experience before? And if so were you successful with getting upgraded?
When I arrived at the Service Desk at CPH the agent said they were waiting for me and had my upgrade already processed. All I had to do was pick out what seat I wanted. Overall good experience.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by boredandre
I have a eco flexible flight to EWR with Sas in June. If I sign up with Optiontown (upgrade to business), and prior to my flight I have to cancel, will Optiontown refund me?
You should be refunded minus the 5 euro fee Optiontown charges for utilizing their service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.