Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by viking76
when do i normally get an answer ? fly out wed 17th 11 am osl to ewr. it was 315 euros when i signed up
72-4 hours prior to departure. I've experienced answers recently 48 hours and 18 hours prior to departure. Optiontown advises that you do not check-in for the flight online until you receive notification of any upgrade, as that may impact the decision of your upgrade.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: SAS EUROBONUS
ok. it is 47 hrs now It is not possible to buy econ tickets on SAS.no right now. So I assume that Econ is Overbooked
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: EBG
SK907 on Wed 17. Oct: A/0 C/7 D/7 J/7 Z/0 R/0 Y/8 S/7 B/0 E/8 M/2 H/2 Q/1 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 G/1 N/0

Economy does indeed look pretty full but not oversold according to Flightstats. Y and C seem to have plenty of space available. Good luck with the upgrade!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: SAS EUROBONUS
Originally Posted by KroFlyer
SK907 on Wed 17. Oct: A/0 C/7 D/7 J/7 Z/0 R/0 Y/8 S/7 B/0 E/8 M/2 H/2 Q/1 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 G/1 N/0

Economy does indeed look pretty full but not oversold according to Flightstats. Y and C seem to have plenty of space available. Good luck with the upgrade!
ok. thanks. just said what i saw on SAS.no. there it was only eco extra and bus . :-)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:36 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by KroFlyer
72-4 hours prior to departure. I've experienced answers recently 48 hours and 18 hours prior to departure. Optiontown advises that you do not check-in for the flight online until you receive notification of any upgrade, as that may impact the decision of your upgrade.
Sometimes waiting with the check-in will not be possible, i.e. if travelling on a connecting itinerary with checked luggage.

In May 2011 we travelled HNL-LAX-IAD-CPH-OSL-KSU, with an overnight (but no stop-over) in LAX. We checked ourselves and our luggage in at HNL and received boarding passes there the day before our SK flight from IAD, and were upgraded using Optiontown mid-air between LAX and IAD. (I had not checked mail, and asked at the gate at IAD about using points. The gate agent first thought we were op-up-ed, but points were given for OT upgrade).

It is probably sensible not to check-in if first departure airport is the origin of the SAS flight, but I would not inconvenience myself by just checking in for the first leg if connecting to SAS.

I have a similart itinerary this month, connecting on UA to SK at ORD, with a 13 hour stop in Chicago. I have luggage and will have to check that through Chicago. I will report back on the result (and obviously attempt to use points if OT doesn't get through!)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:34 pm

Upgrade succeses

I have OCT 16 been upgraded to BUS from ECO on EWR-CPH. I have upgraded 9 out of 10 times (the only miss was a SAS IAD-CPH cancellation of fights). I never opt for ECO Premium always only BUS. Pricing is APX 333 EURO and have been stable the last year.

I like very much Optiontown !
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: SK Gold
Upgrade successes and prices

Hi all,
I only just joined FT. Reading through this thread I liked the idea of posting prices of successful optiontown upgrades. I have been wondering myself what these prices depend on. So here are mine:

March 2011 ORD-CPH 140 EUR to Economy Extra, Business would have been 319 EUR, but I didn't get it

May 2011 IAD-CPH 311 EUR to Business

March 2012 CPH-ORD 315 EUR to Business

March 2012 EWR-CPH 346 EUR to Business

BTW the first time I had a lengthy email exchange with SAS because they hadn't given me credit for the extra EB points. Last time I upgraded successfully I mentioned the point issue at check-in and then had no further problems. I am not sure whether that was the difference. Anybody with similar experiences?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:33 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by ksu
It is probably sensible not to check-in if first departure airport is the origin of the SAS flight, but I would not inconvenience myself by just checking in for the first leg if connecting to SAS.

I have a similart itinerary this month, connecting on UA to SK at ORD, with a 13 hour stop in Chicago. I have luggage and will have to check that through Chicago. I will report back on the result (and obviously attempt to use points if OT doesn't get through!)
Update: travelling tonight ORD-CPH (actually in lounge at ORD now). Checked in with UA at YUL at 6AM this morning, got boarding pass for Eco. After long transborder security/ immigration line checked e-mail in MLL at YUL: OT had sent mail about probable upgrade. At check-in desk at ORD tonight (6.30 PM) got new BP for C. Flight oversold with two according to agent (i.e. might have gotten op-up), but someone will surely misconnect.

As I was op-upped to C MUC-YUL on Tuesday, this has been one of my more comfortable transatlantic trips lately
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: EBG, BA Bronze
Just to be sure, if I book a flight from SAS.no that happens to be a codeshare flight (I believe Lufthansa is operating the long haul flight), is OptionTown still a possiblity? I reckon it wont be, but just want to make sure.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by untouchab1e
Just to be sure, if I book a flight from SAS.no that happens to be a codeshare flight (I believe Lufthansa is operating the long haul flight), is OptionTown still a possiblity? I reckon it wont be, but just want to make sure.
It is not. SAS have to be the operating carrier
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
Flew from CPH to BKK on Saturday 3rd.
Registered for upgrade from Y Extra to C with SAS. 4 seats in C available, but no upgrade. All others classes full.

Upgraded with points instead

Flying back tomorrow. C is half full. Still waiting for an email from OT.

/Thor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
Originally Posted by thorhansen
Flew from CPH to BKK on Saturday 3rd.
Registered for upgrade from Y Extra to C with SAS. 4 seats in C available, but no upgrade. All others classes full.

Upgraded with points instead

Flying back tomorrow. C is half full. Still waiting for an email from OT.

/Thor
No upgrade on return either
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Optiontown upgrade with other tkt stock than 117?

Sorry, this may have been answered before.

Booked on SK 925/926 CPH-IAD r/t later this month. The flight No is UA codeshare and ticket stock is 016 (= UA ticket).

Optiontown seems to be unable to retrieve my booking. Can not upgrade on UA (but operated by SK) ticket? Thx

Last edited by SK AAR; Nov 20, 2012 at 6:35 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:27 pm

Optiontown only available on SK metal
Old Nov 22, 2012, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, I know.

I asked if SK metal but UA flight No + UA ticket stock would be eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.