Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Hi, I've been doing erewards for just over a month now and all was going really well until last week my surveys just seem to dry up. Now I'm not getting any invites via email and I get one opportunity a day in my account, is this normal after a month of joining?
That is, alas, part and parcel of being an E-Rewards member. I go through phases of getting no emails at all for weeks on end, and then they suddenly start up again. I thought they'd solved that with the addition of a 'find survey' button on the website, but this week, clicking it barely finds any.

Even my plan B of using old emails doesn't work anymore.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:01 am

Even when I click on the Orange available surveys button it goes to no surveys in my account?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:21 am

Even when I click on the Orange available surveys button it goes to no surveys in my account?
Yup, I get the same.

Last month I'd click on the button and get a couple of surveys every day
Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the balance not updated in real time and only the next day to include your successful survey's earning?

After a few successful surveys did not post (those were led from initial non-successful survey then eventually one fully completed but miles not posted), I started to make screen shots of high value surveys and the completion screens, and checked the account activities after completion.

Today I notice that the account balance does not change even though the successful survey did post. (an improvement from a couple weeks ago). I never pay attention to this so not sure if this is always the case. So I need to check tomorrow to make sure the balance is updated.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Happy
Is the balance not updated in real time and only the next day to include your successful survey's earning?

After a few successful surveys did not post (those were led from initial non-successful survey then eventually one fully completed but miles not posted), I started to make screen shots of high value surveys and the completion screens, and checked the account activities after completion.

Today I notice that the account balance does not change even though the successful survey did post. (an improvement from a couple weeks ago). I never pay attention to this so not sure if this is always the case. So I need to check tomorrow to make sure the balance is updated.
It always varies in posting time. Ideally it is within a few minutes.. Sometimes a day or so
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:26 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

It usually updates on awardwallet within ten minutes. Sometimes the e-rewards website takes a day or two
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:56 am

Log out and in after 10 minutes and your points should be there.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:39 am

I think I've experienced this too. Basically, it looks like there is a middle-tier award option that isn't listed on the screen. So, more than 25 or 50 cents, but not the full $10, for example. I'm trying to confirm this with E-rewards.

These types of experiences to make me question if the surveys are really worth it to actually get points. Keeping an account active, OK, but significant points, I'm just not so sure anymore. American Express is offering 70K Hhonors points for $1,000 spend right now. It just seems way easier to do sign up bonuses and get points through normal spend. You would need $12,500 E-rewards $s to equal that. How much time would that be?

I do like e-rewards in that the surveys are mostly easy to do, the app works well when it can find a survey, they offer partial credit, you mostly qualify or don't qualify pretty early on, once in a blue moon you get a very high $ amount for a more complicated survey/journal, and they've been around a while.

However, to put it in perspective, I did a survey for Marriott and received a $20 Amazon gift card for about 15 minutes. I did one for IHG and received 1,000 points for 10 minutes. The compensation with E-rewards is way less. What is the actual compensation for us to do these surveys? That could be an interesting spreadsheet. It does make me wonder if the companies paying for the surveys just aren't really paying a reasonable amount to get high quality results, or is E-rewards just making loads of money. I'm inclined to think it is the first. There are quite a number of places managing surveys. I guess most companies aren't willing to pay for the higher quality results with a more reasonable compensation. Honestly, I do wonder how many people really give significant thought to these surveys. Someone posted earlier about it being a race to the bottom (low compensation = lower quality inputs from survey takers).

Thoughts?

Have anyone experienced this -

when you went to a questionnaire which located a survey for you, You successfully completed the survey and got the satisfactory evaluation screen. You finished that, submitted the evaluation. Usually the earning would post to your account within a minute or 2.

However I have found there are quite a few occasions that the earnings never post. Or the posted amount is way less than the final survey. Just had one that started with $7.00 but only posted $2.50 from the "leading survey" which I was not qualified. Then it led to a second survey which I finished with the satisfactory evaluation screen yet only got $2.50 versus the $7.00 on the offer page.

I vaguely remember that in the past some folks mentioned about the earnings from this multiple steps "chain" have often lost in the cyber space. Some said not to do this kind of survey anymore.

Can you share your experiences?

It would be a nuisance to make screen shot of each survey then screen shot of a successful completion. After a few miss postings, I guess that is the thing to do despite the inconvenience and annoyance.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
It always varies in posting time. Ideally it is within a few minutes.. Sometimes a day or so
This is my experience as well. tls
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:08 am

There is a few 1000 point surveys being credited at 400 pts at the moment.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
owever, to put it in perspective, I did a survey for Marriott and received a $20 Amazon gift card for about 15 minutes. I did one for IHG and received 1,000 points for 10 minutes. The compensation with E-rewards is way less. What is the actual compensation for us to do these surveys? That could be an interesting spreadsheet. It does make me wonder if the companies paying for the surveys just aren't really paying a reasonable amount to get high quality results, or is E-rewards just making loads of money. I'm inclined to think it is the first. There are quite a number of places managing surveys. I guess most companies aren't willing to pay for the higher quality results with a more reasonable compensation. Honestly, I do wonder how many people really give significant thought to these surveys. Someone posted earlier about it being a race to the bottom (low compensation = lower quality inputs from survey takers).

Thoughts?
You don't want to - or at least certainly shouldn't - compare the rewards from an organization sending out very occasional and well paid surveys under their own name to their members vs the business of running survey panels. Completely unrelated once you get past the word "survey."
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:38 am

Is it true on e-rewards that you can only redeem once in a certain time period?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
For some awards that's true, but for others it's not. tls
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:10 am

I collect Avios and it's once every 30 days.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:08 am

Seems 90 days for Hilton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.