Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
yup, agreed, cept I boycotted points.com long ago for other reasons. credits count cuz you have the day you did it on file, so thats why shopping works, but yeah, emiles are free too and we love the free gain!
too bad ya cant switch airlines
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
e-Miles: Good news!

Just got the email this a.m.:

"Now you can deposit 500 miles . . . at anytime.
As we celebrate the 1-Year Anniversary of e-Miles®, our members
have earned over 350 million miles toward award tickets and travel
from their favorite airlines. We thank you for your participation and
want you to know that we are always listening to what our members
have to say about how we can enhance the program.

One of the things we heard was that you'd like more flexibility
depositing miles into your frequent flyer account. So we're pleased
to announce that you are now in control and can deposit your e-Miles
miles in 500-mile increments at any time. Deposit your miles as soon
as you reach 500, or save up 1,000, 1,500 or more. It's up to you.
That way you can enjoy your e-Miles miles even faster!

Thanks again for being part of e-Miles.

The e-Miles Team"
^
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:16 am
ecq

you can deposit 500 miles by yourself now

i don't know if anyone has realized but emiles doesn't automatically deposit your miles anymore.

here's the faq now
Q. How do I deposit my e-Miles miles?
e-Miles miles will be deposited into your preferred frequent flyer or sponsor account in 500 mile increments. You will need to request these mileage deposits; they are not automatic. The deposits can be selected in 500 mile increments from the e-Miles Deposits page.

so instead of waiting for every quarter, you can do it yourself. it'll say you can deposit your miles. this is what it says on the top right corner for me:

##########
Log Out
Current Balance: 530 miles
Earn Miles Deposit Miles
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
thank you! I just looked at my total and will keep an eye on it until I can do a manual posting. Would have missed this as e-miles has not been on my mind lately.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
And there doesn't seem to be a cap on the amount of times you can
request a deposit. You just have to respond to at least one e-miles e-mail a month to keep your account active.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:19 pm

Programs: NW, UA
do we need this thread?

mod. can this be consolidated into THE e-miles thread?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 2:03 pm

Still no e-miles redemption from e-rewards but at least when that starts you can immediately transfer over miles to your frequent flyer account instead of having to wait for months.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I didn't get an email, but noticed a few days ago that there was a "Deposit Miles" next to the "Earn Miles" one under your account balance at the top right hand corner of the website.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yup! just got an email, in fact, that tells me of this new change. I like it too. If you reach the 500 mark you can control it now.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 4:28 pm

Programs: A.A Korean, JAL, Delta,
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
yup! just got an email, in fact, that tells me of this new change. I like it too. If you reach the 500 mark you can control it now.
I got this email also, did a deposit! I also noticed that the Macy's offer did not have a fifty dollar min. to get 20 miles, as before. So, it is easy to top off those 500 miles. Thanks e-miles.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:49 pm
ecq

Originally Posted by worldexpress
do we need this thread?

mod. can this be consolidated into THE e-miles thread?
i asked the mod to do that but no response.

i posted the same thing in the e-miles thread.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 3:43 pm
Suspended

got that email myself, so Im appx 65 miles off to 500, then I will cash 'em in and get on out , it might pay if a person actually makes purchases. But theres too few emails at 5 pts to make it pay off to keep my acct open with them.

since it started I cashed out 1 time maybe 2 at most
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: AA; USairways; United; NWA; British Air
This may already have been covered but I urgently need to ask it again and especially in light of the recent change with how you can claim miles at the 500 level:

About 10 days ago I claimed the 500 miles for my NWA flyer account. They were in fact immediately swept out of my emiles account, but since then they've never turned up in my NWA Worldperks...so they're in the middle of a pipeline somewhere.

Meanwhile, I asked emiles how to switch FF accounts for crediting because I wanted to switch to US Airways for future miles. They emailed back with the warning that anything "not credited" to your FF account already will be lost. So does that mean I actually have to wait all the weeks further for the 500 I claimed to actually turn up as credited in my NWA Worldperks or can I safely go ahead and cancel my emiles account and resign up again with US AIrways as my chosen FF account? This seems weasely worded to me on their behalf...but if I do the safe thing and wait for the 500 miles to turn up in the NWA account I'm also losing time and miles I could be earning in the existing emiles account. SO there's the dilemma.

If anyone knows from FIRST-HAND experience I would like your advice. Thx.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by islandtimer
This may already have been covered but I urgently need to ask it again and especially in light of the recent change with how you can claim miles at the 500 level:

About 10 days ago I claimed the 500 miles for my NWA flyer account. They were in fact immediately swept out of my emiles account, but since then they've never turned up in my NWA Worldperks...so they're in the middle of a pipeline somewhere.

Meanwhile, I asked emiles how to switch FF accounts for crediting because I wanted to switch to US Airways for future miles. They emailed back with the warning that anything "not credited" to your FF account already will be lost. So does that mean I actually have to wait all the weeks further for the 500 I claimed to actually turn up as credited in my NWA Worldperks or can I safely go ahead and cancel my emiles account and resign up again with US AIrways as my chosen FF account? This seems weasely worded to me on their behalf...but if I do the safe thing and wait for the 500 miles to turn up in the NWA account I'm also losing time and miles I could be earning in the existing emiles account. SO there's the dilemma.

I have not paid too much attention to the specific rules from emiles on this but it seems one would be 'safe' if they say, switched to a new program when they had a zero balance with emiles on the day of the switch.

That being said, you effectively DO right now. So you'd lose nothing. I think if you had say, 100 miles in there from transactions done when you were still linked up with Northwest, you would lose those.

The 500 you sent is in fact on its way. But as you said it's still in the pipeline.

Now in most business I know, once the truck is on its way to ship to you, even if you call the company and tell them you do not wish to do business with them anymore, that shipment is still coming (unless you and the company worked something about it out as well). You still want that truck to deliver the NW miles that are on the road right now, so technically speaking there should be no issue.

HOWEVER, we are dealing with defunct airlines, third party and often loosely managed, very overwhelmed database-driven and policy heavy marketing schemas that do not tend to follow the real-world conventions that you and I would assume they'd adhere to.

That being said, IF you happened to have PRINTED records of the fact you (A) had the 500 miles on the day you sent them to NW, (B) that NW was the intended recipient of your miles in your emiles account on the day you sent them, (C) a confirmed page saying "thanks for sending them" or whatever emiles shows on its site when they get sent, and (D) something in your account also revealing these were sent, then you should be OK. Then you could effectively do the switch now.

YOu would also need, however, to have the FAX or mail-to address and/or email address or tel number and extension of the PERSON (with a full name and department shown) at NWA WP AND at emiles to be able to show this proof to in case something goes wrong.

I am in the throwes of dealing with several missing mile/errored postings, etc on 3 accounts (self and two inlaws) with Northwest and its partners.

lemme tell ya: The above contact info is nearly impossible to obtain. When dealing with WorldPerks, Northwest, the Visa, the partners, SkyMall and a slew of other incompetent people, I have come to find that even with printed proof this could take MONTHS to only partly solve and is therefore hardly worth the trouble except in principle.

(Should WE all send in each of our individual like-issues, then maybe one day THEY will get their act together so we collectively all win when we do business with THEM)

Unless you desperately need the new account to have its emils right away, I would try waiting just a bit longer for those NWA miles to post. You could call them and see if by chance NW already shows them in the system even if it doesnt yet show up online for you, but likely, you'll get an answer that tells you that it's best to wait.

I'd wait--a bit longer.
Do that first. Dont fight thru to find THE person who handles emiles or the umbrella of such programs. You probably never will because they wont want you to, but hey, if you do, PLEASE let us all know!

I hope this helped.
PS I have a thread on my issues. I have to update it because I have been passed around like a football and I right now feel like the N.E. Patriots in Superbowl 42.

MM
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by islandtimer

I have not paid too much attention to the specific rules from emiles on this but it seems one would be 'safe' if they say, switched to a new program when they had a zero balance with emiles on the day of the switch.

That being said, you effectively DO right now. So you'd lose nothing. I think if you had say, 100 miles in there from transactions done when you were still linked up with Northwest, you would lose those.

The 500 you sent is in fact on its way. But as you said it's still in the pipeline.

Now in most business I know, once the truck is on its way to ship to you, even if you call the company and tell them you do not wish to do business with them anymore, that shipment is still coming (unless you and the company worked something about it out as well). You still want that truck to deliver the NW miles that are on the road right now, so technically speaking there should be no issue.

HOWEVER, we are dealing with defunct airlines, third party and often loosely managed, very overwhelmed database-driven and policy heavy marketing schemas that do not tend to follow the real-world conventions that you and I would assume they'd adhere to.

That being said, IF you happened to have PRINTED records of the fact you (A) had the 500 miles on the day you sent them to NW, (B) that NW was the intended recipient of your miles in your emiles account on the day you sent them, (C) a confirmed page saying "thanks for sending them" or whatever emiles shows on its site when they get sent, and (D) something in your account also revealing these were sent, then you should be OK. Then you could effectively do the switch now.

YOu would also need, however, to have the FAX or mail-to address and/or email address or tel number and extension of the PERSON (with a full name and department shown) at NWA WP AND at emiles to be able to show this proof to in case something goes wrong.

I am in the throwes of dealing with several missing mile/errored postings, etc on 3 accounts (self and two inlaws) with Northwest and its partners.

lemme tell ya: The above contact info is nearly impossible to obtain. When dealing with WorldPerks, Northwest, the Visa, the partners, SkyMall and a slew of other incompetent people, I have come to find that even with printed proof this could take MONTHS to only partly solve and is therefore hardly worth the trouble except in principle.

(Should WE all send in each of our individual like-issues, then maybe one day THEY will get their act together so we collectively all win when we do business with THEM)

Unless you desperately need the new account to have its emils right away, I would try waiting just a bit longer for those NWA miles to post. You could call them and see if by chance NW already shows them in the system even if it doesnt yet show up online for you, but likely, you'll get an answer that tells you that it's best to wait.

I'd wait--a bit longer.
Do that first. Dont fight thru to find THE person who handles emiles or the umbrella of such programs. You probably never will because they wont want you to, but hey, if you do, PLEASE let us all know!

I hope this helped.
PS I have a thread on my issues. I have to update it because I have been passed around like a football and I right now feel like the N.E. Patriots in Superbowl 42.

MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.