Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:33 pm
Suspended

like others I wasnt able to reach the 500 pt threshold until after 4/1.

Now at 525 but with 5 or 10 pts being the max to earn each week, it will take a whole yr if not more to earn the 2nd 500 miles. So once the 500 miles posts to my carrier, Im gettin away from this site ASAP
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by craz
like others I wasnt able to reach the 500 pt threshold until after 4/1.

Now at 525 but with 5 or 10 pts being the max to earn each week, it will take a whole yr if not more to earn the 2nd 500 miles. So once the 500 miles posts to my carrier, Im gettin away from this site ASAP
It might be wrong to assume the number of surveys & points per week is constant throughout the year.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by rrgg
It might be wrong to assume the number of surveys & points per week is constant throughout the year.
My experience to date is varies considerably. Some weeks only 1 or 2 5 pointers, and other times I get over 100 points of surveys in the same day. That said, this quarter is much slower than last quarter for me.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:52 pm

It's been dead for me as well. And I still haven't seen my 500 miles post.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I'm sure they made a huge push with advertisers to get as many emails out by the end of March to make sure that a decent percentage of their subscribers passed the 500 point hurdle by the end of the quarter and thus earn their first reward (assuming that if people didn't earn an award or come close, subscribers would leave in droves). Thus, any advertiser that was even close to considering participating in E-miles probably got some attractive incentives to run early, leaving the "pipeline" of new advertisers that would run in April practically empty. I would assume/hope that the "run rate" of emails returns to normal (whatever that is) by May and will use that rate to judge whether this program is worth the time to continue participation.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
at 510 waiting on NWA, I too have mixed feelings about the value of the "free" miles here.

On the one hand, it IS free so you just click thru some stuff online and it adds up, eventually supposedly non-erroredly you get 500 mile blocks when you reach those threasholds...

On the other hand, I DO experience (and this is not always a bad thing) a bit of mile-anxiety whereas I think all these things to myself as I do such promos:

-will it work?
-will it end or change before I get the promo done?
-will there be errors and if so, who do I contact and will it be aweful like when trying to recover missing miles from the EBAY Anything Points gig with companies like Sharebuilder, or will it be easy like when you contact an airline and the CSR guy does it like right then and there and you can refresh your screen and actually SEE the error corrected? or, will it be like when you are stupid enough to actually DO one of the larger MyPoints points-earning gigs and you now actually EXPECT and find yourself WAITING ON some 20 or 100 mile posting to your long-growing account only to have to dig for the fax or phone number, send in stuff you normally would throw away and still have to wait X number of weeks to get the points only to transfer them to Hilton when you reach X thousand, only to later have Hilton one day deny you ever sent anything, which now means THEY deleted YOUR account's Hilton points and you cannot retreive MyPoints records past 6 months and depsite everything you go thru, Hilton does not accept the validity of copies of faxes of transactions to and from MyPoints and that one email in your lifetime that you did NOT save that had proof of the transfer to Hilton from Mypoints and and and...

Well, you get my point.
This one is NOT as big or bad (yet) but some FREE miles are not really worth the trouble. I tend to save things and treat every promo the same--20 miles or 200 miles or 20,000, I want 'em if I signed up for 'em. But lately I have been a bit less inclined to even want to work on GETTING the 20 mile ones or even some of the 200 mile ones...Unless it's easy 123.

If it is, I will still play. So far it's not bad but it's not great. It's just one more thing to pass the time when up late cuz the baby could not sleep.

MM
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:49 pm
Suspended

well I got my weekly notice today, I log-on and Yep 1 opp for 5 pts. Didnt bother clicking it, somehow 5 pts has been what they have sent me the past few weeks.

I cant believe people were complaining about how My Points and E-rewards were Scams and not this site.

I'll click on every so often so as to keep my acct active till 7/1 when the 500 mile should go over to my Carrier that I signed up with. Then this site is history for me a Complete waste of my time. I am assuming and hoping they make it to 7/1
Old Apr 24, 2007, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i dont think mypoints is a scam, its actually just spam that you opt to receive but get points in the process of doing so! It's just that they suck at fixing problems and have had some glitches that bug me cuz I find myself wasting time on say 30 points. I can see myself wasting time on trying to collect 10,000 miles I may be missing (where IS my NWA Valentines bonus of that amount anyway? It's been about 8 weeks now!) and yet, we here in FT seem to all value points and miles as if they are the end of the world! That's what makes us all sick in a good way though.

someone here said e-rewards was the same company as this gig.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 6:20 pm

Are others experiencing glitches? I like emiles because it's unintrusive and you get the points quickly with just a few questions. I can earn faster with mypoints and erewards, but they're also a little more work.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I don't understand what all the complaining is about. It takes less than a minute to click to the site, click through the ad, and click through the 3 questions. I got my 500 miles and my wife did too.

It costs nothing and takes less than a minute. Maybe people just had higher expectations that they would rack of thousands of miles every month or every quarter and it's obvious that it won't happen. The old bugaboo - unfulfilled expectations.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
I cant believe people were complaining about how My Points and E-rewards were Scams and not this site.
I think a big reason is that w/ MyPoints & E-Rewards there is an issue of being rewarded w/ Points or E-Reward $$$. Everytime I've done an e-mile "offer" the points have posted immediately.

Plus, how many times has an E-Rewards offer expired before you could get to it? Man, that sucks when that happens.

I can earn faster with mypoints and erewards, but they're also a little more work.
Interesting I hate E-rewards surveys b/c they are a lot more work. Seriously... e-miles? Has it ever taken more than 30 seconds to click and then answer 3 questions?

Earning $25 in E-rewards is much more time consuming than it was on e-miles.

Originally Posted by JerryFF
I don't understand what all the complaining is about. It takes less than a minute to click to the site, click through the ad, and click through the 3 questions. I got my 500 miles and my wife did too.
Bingo! It's very simple, and I was impressed w/ the speed that the miles posted to my US account.^

Will I fly to the South Pacific in F from this? Definitely not, but it will keep some accounts active.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by chexfan
I can earn faster with mypoints and erewards, but they're also a little more work.
Interesting I hate E-rewards surveys b/c they are a lot more work. Seriously... e-miles? Has it ever taken more than 30 seconds to click and then answer 3 questions?
I meant that over a 6 month period, I can earn more miles with mypoints or erewards. However emiles requires the least work.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chexfan
\
Bingo! It's very simple, and I was impressed w/ the speed that the miles posted to my US account.^

Will I fly to the South Pacific in F from this? Definitely not, but it will keep some accounts active.

NW has no emiles activity yet. Before the first quarter cut off I was stagnant at 495.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JerryFF

It costs nothing and takes less than a minute. Maybe people just had higher expectations that they would rack of thousands of miles every month or every quarter and it's obvious that it won't happen. The old bugaboo - unfulfilled expectations.
You're right. It takes less than a minute to earn 5 miles.
Let put the value at 2 cents per mile and a minute for the whole process, incluide reading the email. So, 10 cents a minute. $6 per hour.
Great... I think I will keep my day job.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the problem could have to do with people having unfulfilled expectations or something to that tune, but I think it's this:

We here at FT have an inherent skepticism despite our continued willingness to risk again and go for the next new crazy promo deal.

Some of them work, some suck. I mean, look at NWA's Valentine's Day promo and how it is now surfacing that people are not getting the full bonus they expected. (I for one am out 7k miles from that and have been told to wait ANOTHER MONTH after the 8 weeks to post to MAYBE get some more activity on my account) (see NWA forum)

And then there's the 10k citi e-checking promo for AA miles. How many countless souls sit waiting for months on end for those miles because the company chose to outsource to an India call center? (See miles buzz forum)

I can name countless experiences I have personally had over the years that required a lot of chasing and work just to get what other people involved in the same promo said came to them "without any problems." later, it's really kind of funny to see those SAME people complaining about some glitchy promo THEY signed up for that did not post to them when they expected it and I AM THE ONE who says, "well, the miles posted to MY account ok!"

It is because of this horrid but ever present dynamic of mile-dum that we should never beat on each other here. Not that anyone in this thread has (yet) but you all know what I mean. It is because of these things that people here have complained. We are speculating about what MIGHT (and probably will) take place with a good portion of the accounts we new e-miles customers have right now.

Should it be this way? Is there always going to be the lost sector of sign ups in every promotion? Well, lemme tell ya: If I was working there doing the marketing, there would be no holes and the job would get done. Then again, work is not about getting things done. It's about meetings, email, golf and coming up with new crafty ways to delay that very process while looking like you are doing it! Ahh, maybe that's why I work from home as a consultant from time to time. oh well.

MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.