Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2007, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The first lot of 500 was quick - about 6 or 8 weeks. It has taken about 7 months to get to 400-something. Too sloooow.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
E-Miles deposited today

My Delta account had the 500 miles from E-Miles credited this morning.

IIRC, this is the same pattern as before--points are deducted from the E-Miles account a few days after the end of the quarter, and the miles are deposited into the airline account approximately 3 days later. All in all, about one week from the end of the quarter to complete the transfer. Compared to some other mileage offers that take 6-8 weeks, this is a pretty quick turnaround. No complaints here.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Mine have also transferred in, yesterday it appears.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
Nothing on the US or NW accounts, but they usually take longer than DL.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by CTACSRET
First 500 posted in April within 2-3 days; however, have only earned 340 since!
Anyone else hung up with minimal miles???
How are others listing profiles to get the 500 miles quaterly???

Although free miles are free, sometimes time and waiting are not worth the benefits.

I have the same experience. First quarter of the year I earned 500 miles without any problem. Since then I have earned only 320 miles and I'm sure that I didn't miss chance to earn more by just clicking mails.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 3:59 pm

Ditto here on the accumulation of miles for 3rd qtr...I've only gotten about 340 and done every survey but didn't buy any of the products offered. I've reviewed my profile, and it's accurate for me...tho' I think some may 'distort' their profile to receive more surveys, etc, thus increasing their opportunities (IMHO). Same thing with e-rewards (sister company)...3rd quarter was the pits!!
Old Oct 7, 2007, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by 2travelfar
Ditto here on the accumulation of miles for 3rd qtr...I've only gotten about 340 and done every survey but didn't buy any of the products offered. I've reviewed my profile, and it's accurate for me...tho' I think some may 'distort' their profile to receive more surveys, etc, thus increasing their opportunities (IMHO). Same thing with e-rewards (sister company)...3rd quarter was the pits!!
My point exactly!!! Who (what profile) is getting all the miles we keep hearing about? income?? Location?? male/female? etc????????????
Old Oct 7, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Keep in mind that for about every e-mail e-Miles sends saying there are reward opportunities, there are two occasions when there are opportunities e-Miles doesn't notify you out about. So just check your e-Miles account every few days.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 1:25 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by Winglets747
Keep in mind that for about every e-mail e-Miles sends saying there are reward opportunities, there are two occasions when there are opportunities e-Miles doesn't notify you out about. So just check your e-Miles account every few days.
Completely agree. I didn't receive an email, but logged in yesterday and had 3 offers.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Originally Posted by delmargal
Completely agree. I didn't receive an email, but logged in yesterday and had 3 offers.
And sometimes they will send an email after you have logged in and done the survey.
Dave
Old Oct 7, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Need help on e-miles

This is a very long string, so this question may have been answered

I am currently a OP member but also have a WP account. My status is with OP as is my miles (I have a lot). Is it better to accumulate miles in one ST account or should I have some miles in 2 ST accounts? Or is it better to have one ST account and a different affiliation such as oneworld. I have an account with US as well, so should I join e-miles with US or CO or NW?? If this has already been answered please direct me and I will read. Thanks for your time. BTW, I fly all 3.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 8:01 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Nothing on the US or NW accounts, but they usually take longer than DL.
How long after the quarter did the US miles post last time? I am waiting for these 500 miles to put my balance over the 50k miles I need.

Nevermind - I see from a post back on July 12 that the FTer's US miles posted that day. I guess I have to wait a few more days.

Last edited by Richard1148; Oct 8, 2007 at 9:38 am
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:38 am

Thanks for info; however, I do check on an almost daily basis without seeing any new offers available. I also understand that some may choose to purchase or complete associated offers.
Question was more focused on whether offers are shotgun'd to all members or focused on profiles as is its sister site (E-Rewards)?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I expect it to take a bloody year to get to 500 again. I'm at 145.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by BingoLoco
I expect it to take a bloody year to get to 500 again. I'm at 145.
same here, and most of the offers aren't even remotely interesting to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.