Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Boston_Bulldog
They catch you with two accounts they will void everything and shut both down.

Same for eRewards. Same for myCokeRewards.com

they have tools to match up things to catch you.
Yes, be very careful if you have multiple accounts. These sites use the same military-grade technology the U.S. gov't uses to find Osama.

Originally Posted by edlin303
Is there a way to see exactly when/where points camme from? I seem to have gotten 100 I wasn't expecting, which pushed me over the edge just in time for Jan1. Not that I'm complaining, just curious.

Oh, and no sign of them in my US account yet.
1. Go to "Account" then "Account Statement" and change "All Types" in the drop-down menu to one of the options ("Mktg Msgs" is probably your best bet).

2. US seems to take the slowest.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 4:11 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Thank You I'm done

Being an addict about miles, I always did these and now realize how insignificant the amount of miles earned were in the grand scheme of the miles thing.

Deleted my account and wife's.

Now waiting for last $25 redemption on e-rewards (which have really slowed down) and I'll be free from that one too.

Just my personal opinion of course.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ingy
...and I'll be free from that one too.

Just my personal opinion of course.

well, yeah, but freedom is just another word for nothin left to lose, and nothing is what bobby left me.

I figure if it doesnt take too much stress it could stay worth it. I did however raise an eyebrow when Dec came and went and I saw nothing convert over, but now it's there in my NWA account and hey, 500 is 500. On the other hand, if it starts to fall apart I will bail. I have always said that/
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
I can't believe this thread is still going one year after I started it. I'v picked up 1500 miles in that year and I'm close to another 500. After that, I'm gone.
Just not worth the long wait between opportunities.
Dave
Old Jan 9, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
I can't believe this thread is still going one year after I started it. I'v picked up 1500 miles in that year and I'm close to another 500. After that, I'm gone.
Just not worth the long wait between opportunities.
Dave
Long wait? There are ads every week, and are almost always posted on Wednesdays.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Originally Posted by Winglets747
Long wait? There are ads every week, and are almost always posted on Wednesdays.
But not every Wednesday, and not for every member.
Dave
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:01 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
But not every Wednesday, and not for every member.
Dave
It keeps my acct alive as I'm in Australia and travel to the US every year or two and I have no other way of doing it.

The amount of time I spend is next to zero to get the miles so why not?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I'm using mine with the hope of keeping a Delta account alive. I hope it does so!
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by yuppieshrink
The amount of time I spend is next to zero to get the miles so why not?
Exactly how I feel. Just a few clicks and I'm done.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes yes, true... BUT...

What happens is this:

you get up to 495 or 500 miles and you kinda wonder where they are.

OR, you DO take advantage of one of those offers and not just go for the 5 mile click... like the Adobe product that gave us 200 miles for sign up and download... and then you start to have stake in it.

Same as with MyPoints clicks and deletes for 5 points here and there daily. I would let them grow without care nor real notice but one day you have like 2000 points and that IS a gift card at your favorite coffee hang out after all.

or the other day when I saw a birthday email for 1000 points JUST for buying something at the mypoints retail links for $5 or more! I'm like, yeah, I guess I could forego buying via an Airline mall for ONE purchase... So I spent $24 on something I kinda needed anyway at one of the stores and this triggers that promo! But there's a glitch with it so next thing ya know, I find myself trying to CALL MyPoints about it and that took up time!

Now I have to look for those points if they ever come too.
The next day I get another cant refuse offer for 25 more MyPoints for downloading the weather.com software. I like to ski so I dont mind having the icon telling my fav weather area on my PC in the bottom corner... So now I have to watch MyPoints for my purchase points, the 1k bonus, and these 25 more points. They GOT me...

Going back to this gig, I have received about 1000 miles for my Northwest account. I have not paid to fly on the airline in years but do need the miles. I play every promo and offer and credit card or mall gig I can find. I get all my miles to fly on them--and I get a lot--by doing this. It hasnt been from flying or hotel/car rental use in YEARS! I think we pay to fly on them once in a blue moon so I really DO need to have stake in offers such as these.

So Ok the work to get these miles is not much, but they do matter and they do add up. Heck, if you were some people who may be forgetful and let accts nearly expire, you could even use this service to keep an account alive.

It is for reasons such as these that it matters to me that they actually come thru with everything we do when clicking for them and their marketing needs. After all, our clicks do SOMETHING valuable for e miles. It's like free cross section surveying. They give us miles for the help. If you were them, you could pay an intern for it, or do it this way.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by aerospace
Exactly how I feel. Just a few clicks and I'm done.
A few clicks and one year since I last hit the magic 500 mark. All said and done, it resets the clock for my FF miles whether or not I use the airline. If you spread out the various means of earning miles, you should never have any one airline program miles expire.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I know it isn't much and probably debatable whether it's worth the time, but at least it is something unlike those survey sites which only give sweepstakes entries.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by CTACSRET
A few clicks and one year since I last hit the magic 500 mark. All said and done, it resets the clock for my FF miles whether or not I use the airline. If you spread out the various means of earning miles, you should never have any one airline program miles expire.
Except that e-miles does not let you switch your airline program. At least not very easily. From the FAQs:

Q. Can I change my preferred airline?

If you wish to change your preference to another e-Miles airline sponsor, you may do so for one of the following reasons, subject to the e-Miles Member Agreement, by contacting our Member Services team via e-mail at [email protected]. However, any e-Miles miles earned that have not already been deposited to your preferred frequent flyer account will be lost.

a. You move fifty (50) miles or more from your current address.

b. There is a significant reduction or elimination in service to your city with your selected Sponsor airline.

c. Your selected Sponsor airline is no longer an e-Miles participating sponsor.

d. Other conditions could apply on a case-by-case basis, subject to e-Miles Member Agreement.
http://www.e-miles.com/memberServices.do

Another handy way to keep your miles alive (for those airline programs that participate) is Points.com . Even though the exchange ratios are lousy, sometimes it is worth it to do a 20:1 or 30:1 exchange to keep some orphan miles alive. (I actually managed to convert 30 points in one program to 1 point in another and reset the expiration clock on both! )
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still say just shop on each airline mall now and then. Keep printed records of EVERY step til you see your miles post, but the shopping portals always help bring up an account to level and also save it from expiring.

MM
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I still say just shop on each airline mall now and then. Keep printed records of EVERY step til you see your miles post, but the shopping portals always help bring up an account to level and also save it from expiring.

MM
Of course, online shopping is always a good way to reset the expiration clock and top off an account.

But the points.com transfer thing: 1) costs nothing except a little bit of your time (no fee or purchase required); 2) posts instantly (or nearly so) rather than taking a few weeks. If you have a looming miles/points expiration, a shopping credit may or may not post in time!

Anyhow, we're drifting off topic here....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.