Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: NWA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by rove312
Does the change from NW to DL fit one of the categories that would allow you to change partners? Also I redeemed miles to NW in late September, before the program merge, and they haven't shown up yet. At what point will they take an inquiry about that?
From the e-Miles FAQ:

"Can I change my preferred sponsor?"

If you wish to change your preference to another e-Miles sponsor, you may do so for one of the following reasons, subject to the e-Miles Member Agreement, by contacting our Member Services team via e-mail at [email protected].

However, any e-Miles miles earned that have not already been deposited to your preferred frequent flyer or sponsor account will be lost.

-- You move fifty (50) miles or more from your current address.
-- There is a significant reduction or elimination in service to your city with your selected sponsor.
--Your selected sponsor is no longer an e-Miles participating sponsor.
--Other conditions could apply on a case-by-case basis, subject to e-Miles Member Agreement."

I suppose you might be able to argue that "your selected sponsor is no longer an e-Miles participating sponsor" but I have a feeling since the new "owner" of NW is also a e-Miles participating sponsor they will just say your membership was transferred as part of that merger. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You can always email them and see...

"Why haven't my miles been credited to my sponsor account?

The miles you earn with e-Miles are deposited in your preferred frequent flyer or sponsor account in 500 mile increments as requested by the member. Each Sponsor requests you allow 8-10 weeks after you request your deposit for miles to post to your frequent flyer or sponsor account. If they haven't been credited by that time, please contact your frequent flyer or sponsor program's customer service number, or e-mail e-Miles Member Services at [email protected]."

According to this, they have 8-10 weeks to get the miles deposited into your account, though before NW miles always posted nearly immediately.

I imagine any posting hold-ups have to do with the fact that e-Miles does not have Delta FF numbers for NWA "refugees" in their files. Therefore, somewhere along the line some sort of "match-making" needs to go on to connect old WorldPerks FF numbers with the proper new Skymiles FF number.

You'd think someone would have thought of this BEFORE the merge of FF accounts took place October 1, but on the other hand, the number of people affected via e-Miles is probably very small compared to the thousands of others who were affected by the merging of the NW/Delta FF programs, proper.

HTH,
TMichaels
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: NWA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by ChristineOne
Just wanna ask...

Is there any other way on how to join?
From the e-Miles FAQ:

"How do I join e-Miles?

Joining e-Miles is FREE. Complete the online Enrollment Form and select which airline or sponsor you will be earning miles for. "

HTH,
TMichaels
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:32 pm

Miles from NW have posted to DL

About my question in #404, which got a couple of recent replies: my E-miles, directed to NW, have shown up in DL today. Since I got some miles back (although for now they're in my previously emptied NW account) for rebooking an award at a lower mileage level, I might as well keep DL as my E-miles sponsor.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:03 pm

Hey I have a couple of questions:

1. How often do you get offers from e-miles? I signed up, did the initial offers, and then I haven't seen anything for many days. I haven't received emails either. I did say I was interested in nearly everything when setting up my profile...

2. Are there other ways to earn e-miles? For example, I've heard of people donating $5 to the Humane Society for 100 e-miles... Is this through the e-mile website or through some other way?

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
It took 4 weeks to post miles/points

Delta miles (converted NW miles) posted into a new Delta account and not into my Delta account that I have had for years now now I have to consalidate the two accounts
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: BMI, DL, UA, SPG, HH
E-miles Master Thread

Logged into my E-Miles account today and saw an offer for 750 + 5 miles for making a purchase from Deluxe (the check printing company).

Shipping is free for checks and forms.
50% discount on first check order (applied to most forms as well)

I ordered some ledgers, total cost including tax was just under $7. shipped.

At less than 1 cent a mile, and with the ability to transfer during one of the airline partner promos for which e-miles counts often enough (or just to extend life of miles), I think this is a pretty good deal. I may even use the forms I ordered...

I hope this helps someone else that could use a boost to their E-Miles or associated airline account...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Must be targeted - nothing on my page.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
yeah i wish i got that one. I need checks and need a few miles to get my next free ticket.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bj2757
What you see in your account when you log in is based upon many previous responses and surveys. Not everyone gets the same offers. I have an account for Delta and USEless. They never give me the same offers.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: BMI, DL, UA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by FLgrr
What you see in your account when you log in is based upon many previous responses and surveys. Not everyone gets the same offers. I have an account for Delta and USEless. They never give me the same offers.
My account is linked to my Delta (formerly NW) account....

Sorry if you don't have it. Perhaps more people will get it over time, depending on response rates and all those other marketing variables that drive FTers nuts at times when we aren't targeted.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bj2757
Same here. I'd like to have this one.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
E-miles Master Thread

Post all related E-miles discussion in this thread.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by duanes42
Logged into my E-Miles account today and saw an offer for 750 + 5 miles for making a purchase from Deluxe (the check printing company).

Shipping is free for checks and forms.
50% discount on first check order (applied to most forms as well)

I ordered some ledgers, total cost including tax was just under $7. shipped.

At less than 1 cent a mile, and with the ability to transfer during one of the airline partner promos for which e-miles counts often enough (or just to extend life of miles), I think this is a pretty good deal. I may even use the forms I ordered...

I hope this helps someone else that could use a boost to their E-Miles or associated airline account...
Doesn't sound bad for what youget.

Last edited by dakosta; Aug 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:40 pm

anyone try the video professor thing for 500 miles ? claims free cancellation within 10 days and full refund of even the $6.95 shipping cost - but if you don't cancel within 10 days they go ahead and bill your CC for $399 !! seems like a big dollar amount to risk.

any experiences ?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:02 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by decibel08
anyone try the video professor thing for 500 miles ? claims free cancellation within 10 days and full refund of even the $6.95 shipping cost - but if you don't cancel within 10 days they go ahead and bill your CC for $399 !! seems like a big dollar amount to risk.

any experiences ?
For me, it's not worth the risk/headaches for a lousy 500 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.