Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Rocketmiles Discussion Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rocketmiles Discussion Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Independent
I booked a night at the Westin Boston Waterfront Sunday night. The hotel got the reservation, BUT they only got a reservation for a standard room. The Rocketmiles website supposedly was reserving me a parlor room. Fortunately the staff at the hotel are particularly good - he managed to get me a quiet high-floor room (there were a couple of conventions going on so it was a bit crowded). So as for experience I probably would not/will not use them unless there happens to be a really good deal (like I got this time - 1 stay, 10000 AA miles).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
How are people netting 10k miles? I'm getting a 3k sign-up bonus, without which there are $200 hotels in NYC that give you only about 1k miles.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: Independent
It was an AA bonus. 5000 bonus miles, plus whatever you earned. I did not look at NYC, but in Boston most was in the 2000-5000 range. Of curse most hotels are $250 plus.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:32 pm

Rocketmiles

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Mods - Not sure if this is the right place for Rocketmiles so please move it to the appropriate place.

I havent used rocketmiles yet since I never found any hotel rates I could work with. However, for next week I see a real sweet rate at a nearby Hilton (where I have no status) lower than my regular hotel corporate rate and which gives 1000 miles for the night. That combined with the ongoing conga, would effectively net me a total of 3000 miles (1000 for the stay + 1000 for being referred + 1000 for eventually referring someone)

My questions:
1. The rate quoted is the lowest rate available on the hotel website for a basic room with 2 doubles. I'd like to pay an extra $10 for a king on the Exec Floor. How is that possible with rocketmiles since they dont offer that option? If I call the hotel directly will that invalidate my rocketmiles booking?

2. Who actually charges me for the booking? Do I get the receipt from the hotel or from rocketmiles? I'd rather not have to submit a receipt from rocketmiles for reimbursement and raise unnecessary questions.

Any insight appreciated.

I travel frequently for work, averaging 2 nights a week in a hotel and was ecstatic when I heard about Rocketmiles. Over the past 6 months I've used them 20-30 times.

Benefits - Previously I was staying at Marriott's where the airline miles worked out to be about 800 miles per stay after the conversion. With Rocketmiles I was earning, 1,000, 2,000 and sometimes more per stay. Their claims of earning 5,000 a night were completely false, at least anywhere in the northeast part of the US.

Downsides - Again I'm travelling for work so I'm not cost conscious. The prices charged might be slightly higher than I could find elsewhere, oh well. The problems that started happening were after my stay I'd see an additional charge from the hotel on my card. The hotel would say to call Rocketmiles, which I would do but for each of these errors it would take 2 months and 4-6 emails for Rocketmiles concierge (irony at its best) to get the charges reversed.

After the third time of this false billing practice I had to stop using the service. Multiple reasons here:

1. The fraudulent charges would stay on my work credit card for 1-2 cycles leaving me to explain why I couldn't account for them.

2. Rocketmiles concierge would require many threatening emails before taking care of the issue. In one case after 6 emails or so there was still a final balance of $7-$8 that I just paid out of pocket to be done with it.

3. Rocketmiles puts the blame on the hotel in each case and shows a complete lack of sympathy. To me it seems clear that they do not plan on taking any steps to rectify the issue from happening again.

I rarely post reviews but I felt it prudent to do so with this company so fellow travelers could side step the hassles I had to endure. Really I should have stopped using the service after the first issue, shame on me for continuing to work with them.
diburning likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: TK Gold
Hello there,

I just booked three nights of hotel at Vegas and we missed the first night because we miss the bus to Vegas. On the second day when we check in, the manager says they have cancelled the whole reservation and forfeit the whole 3 night's reservation fee without helping us to relocate to another room. I end up paying the hotel by my pocket for a night's room. Is there any recourse?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Plat Pro, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Signed up this week to begin using Rocketmiles. First reservation out of the box I got to the end of the booking process, received a instant notification my card was charged. One second later a message popped up saying the room is not available due to the length of time it took to book online. Now I am waiting for a response back from Rocketmiles as to when I will get a refund. Not a good start and on par with some of the recent reviews I have read. Stay tuned!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA
How do I deal with Rocketmiles not posting AmEx points after the hotel stay? I have been in contact with their concierge, but after 10+ exchange for over 2 months, all I got is some boilerplate response. I called AmEx but they sent me back to Rocketmiles...
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Try calling 773-598-5156 which is their US based phone number. Your "concierge" is a 3rd party offshore "customer service" contractor.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Does anyone know if they are still in business? I've been trying for 3 days to book a hotel but keep getting a "Sorry. We're unable to complete this transaction." despite using credit cards which work well elsewhere incl. other Booking.com sister sites. Emails are not responded to (or even acknowledged) either.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyRunner04
Does anyone know if they are still in business? I've been trying for 3 days to book a hotel but keep getting a "Sorry. We're unable to complete this transaction." despite using credit cards which work well elsewhere incl. other Booking.com sister sites. Emails are not responded to (or even acknowledged) either.
Something is wrong for sure. My attempts to book a cheap one-nighter for a sign-up bonus are also failing. My credit card definitely pays Rocketmiles, but then is refunded a few days later since the reservation fails.

The Concierge has emailed me to suggest I keep trying.

I can't be bothered to keep trying for a cheap 5,500 miles...
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Something is wrong for sure. My attempts to book a cheap one-nighter for a sign-up bonus are also failing. My credit card definitely pays Rocketmiles, but then is refunded a few days later since the reservation fails.

The Concierge has emailed me to suggest I keep trying.

I can't be bothered to keep trying for a cheap 5,500 miles...
Got my email, lol:

"We apologize if you were not able to book through our site. We are unable to confirm any reservations for now. If this is an urgent booking need, we suggest for you to book directly with the property."

​​​​​​
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
A question. Can I book several one-night stays for consecutive nights? Looks like the points per night are much better for single night stays.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
You can, but some fees and taxes might be levied per stay and not per night. Also, you'd need to let the hotel know (and mistakes can still occur) to connect the stays.

I would also check to make sure that RocketMiles isn't accounting for some sort of first stay bonus that may make the one night reservation appear to be more lucrative.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
can someone tell me how to work the amazon gift card thru rocketmiles?seems you have to have an amazon acct number and i dont have one as I am not a seller.can you out your acct user name in?
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.