Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

CONGA: Grabr international delivery service.

Old Dec 10, 17, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Grabr is a new service that will pay you to use your unused luggage space for deliveries. You just go to a retail store to buy the desired item and transport it along with your regular flight. You get $10 free for signing up. You also get $10 when a friend signs up and $50 if they make a delivery.

Grabr can also be used as a form of manufactured spending. For instance, delivering a surface pro to someone for $2500 seems like a good MS strategy. The only drawback is that it will be unique to where you’re traveling.

This is a Conga Thread, so use the most recent link available before posting yours.

Here is my referral link
Old Dec 13, 17, 5:52 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Orbitz Platinum
Interesting service and you're right about the MS if it's a big-ticket item. But... how good are they about protecting the traveler from instances in which the buyer claims to not have received the item when they actually did?
Old Dec 18, 17, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

You get the money up front. It's the buyer taking the risk.
Old Dec 19, 17, 3:21 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Orbitz Platinum
Originally Posted by Codename47 View Post
You get the money up front. It's the buyer taking the risk.
But what if the buyer claims to have not received the item? I read the money sits in escrow until they report that the item has been delivered.
Old Dec 25, 17, 5:41 pm

Used link, mine:
Hey! I’m giving you a $10 off coupon code ‘ace-malik' to Grabr. Join me here: https://grabr.io/invitation/ace-mali...dium=copy_link
Old Dec 27, 17, 4:06 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Used AceM's, Here's mine: Hey! I’m giving you a $10 off coupon code ‘robert-ayres' to Grabr. Join me here: https://grabr.io/invitation/robert-a...dium=copy_link
Old Dec 27, 17, 4:56 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by moe8555 View Post
But what if the buyer claims to have not received the item? I read the money sits in escrow until they report that the item has been delivered.
As with any courier service, document the delivery with a written receipt as well as video. The buyer can contact Grabr at the exchange to avoid issues.
Old Dec 31, 17, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG, AGR
I used rbAA's link. Please use mine next: Hey! I’m giving you a $10 off coupon code ‘ana-klimchynskaya' to Grabr. Join me here: https://grabr.io/invitation/ana-klim...dium=copy_link

Might be interesting to start a non-conga thread where people can share their experiences. Right now it doesn't look like there's any orders for any of the cities I'm flying between (DTW, PHL, YYZ) - hopefully some will pop up. I get free checked bags with Delta, so this seems like a good way to earn back that cc annual fee.

Search this Thread